C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Heated seats and Memory

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:23 PM
bbster
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Adding Heated seats and Memory

How difficult would it be to add the heated seat and the seat memory option to a 2LT car.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 01:57 PM
10caipirinhas
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not really going to be difficult if you know your way around that area of your car........but......excellent "aftermarket" heated seat kits are $600 "installed" on 2 seats where I live......they heat both the back and the base with adjustable temperature settings. Done several kits over the years with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Don't even think about the price of buying new seat foam inserts (or seat covers with the elements, I don't know how GM does it, but it is going to be one or the other) with the heating elements sewn in, as well as the correct wiring harnesses, sensors and switches, etc.....

And you can forget about seat memory as well.......speaking generally from my 21 years in the car business with 3 different German brands, this kind of stuff you are contemplating (using parts from the manufacturer to retrofit a non-sound system type of option) is normally waaaaay too much money after the fact to justify it.

Last edited by 10caipirinhas; 08-03-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 PM
kevakasper
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 C4 of the Year Finalist
No-IL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Bone yard!

Get notified of new replies

To Adding Heated seats and Memory

Quick Reply: Adding Heated seats and Memory