Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 08-31-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
riverway
CF Senior Member

Default Automatic Transmission Cooler Line

On the way back from Corvettes@Carlisle, the transmission cooler line went on my 2005 coupe. Not covered by extended warranty in Canada. Dealer in PA advises me that some clip let go at the connection at the rad, they patched the line and recommended it be replaced once I returned home. Anyone had a similar problem. Car has less than 40k on it and two weeks ago I had the local dealership flush the rad and transmission. Thanks....Tim
riverway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
HOXXOH
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverway View Post
On the way back from Corvettes@Carlisle, the transmission cooler line went on my 2005 coupe. Not covered by extended warranty in Canada. Dealer in PA advises me that some clip let go at the connection at the rad, they patched the line and recommended it be replaced once I returned home. Anyone had a similar problem. Car has less than 40k on it and two weeks ago I had the local dealership flush the rad and transmission. Thanks....Tim
Bingo! Cause identified.

Present them with the temporary repair bill and get them to fix it properly. If they don't stand behind their work, run away and find another dealer.
HOXXOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
CQRT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Rolland Trayte
Send a message via AIM to CQRT

That's not an issue I recall reading about in these pages at all. Certainly, it could be coincidence, but it would seem that there could be a cause and effect relationship between the work you had done before the trip and your subsequent problem.

I would think in the interests of customer service, your repair shop at home would be receptive to discussion and will step up.

Good luck-

Last edited by CQRT; 08-31-2010 at 03:42 PM.
CQRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
c6 batmobile
CF Senior Member

I depends on where the hose broke at I would guess. Do you have headers on anything that it could be touching so it got hot and burned? I would think the tranny flush had something to do with it as well but its best to cover your basis.
c6 batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
riverway
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
I depends on where the hose broke at I would guess. Do you have headers on anything that it could be touching so it got hot and burned? I would think the tranny flush had something to do with it as well but its best to cover your basis.
No headers and no modifications. I am told that the transmission cooler lines have one at the top of the rad and one at the bottom of the rad. The one at the top let go. The local Dealer is going to look at it on Tuesday and give me their version of the story. It would appear that the transmission cooler lines are attached with a quick coupler assembly. In any event I have never read here on the forum of this problem and it sounds a little strange that I have them flush the rad and the transmission and 600 miles later the transmission cooler line lets go. I just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem. thanks..Tim
riverway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #6
c1j1c2
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Send a message via Yahoo to c1j1c2

I haven't had an issue like this in my C6, but several years ago, I hada tranny flush, and my transmission blew up 2 weeks later. I was told by the dealer that did the warranty work, that they don't do tranny flushes, because sometimes the flush will knock loose some dirt or something else that doesn't get out of the system but damages the transmission. I'll never do a "power" flush of any system again.
c1j1c2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
CH-Z51
CF Senior Member

Location: The Great Pacific Northwest...........I carry a gun cause a cops too heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1j1c2 View Post
I haven't had an issue like this in my C6, but several years ago, I hada tranny flush, and my transmission blew up 2 weeks later. I was told by the dealer that did the warranty work, that they don't do tranny flushes, because sometimes the flush will knock loose some dirt or something else that doesn't get out of the system but damages the transmission. I'll never do a "power" flush of any system again.
This "power flush" could be a part of the OPs difficulty's because the machine used to flush the trans is normally operated by disconnecting one of the the trans lines at the radiator and connecting that line to the "power flush" machine. The line that failed may be the one they used to flush the trans. Just a thought.
CH-Z51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
cclive
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH-Z51 View Post
This "power flush" could be a part of the OPs difficulty's because the machine used to flush the trans is normally operated by disconnecting one of the the trans lines at the radiator and connecting that line to the "power flush" machine. The line that failed may be the one they used to flush the trans. Just a thought.
cclive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #9
c1j1c2
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Send a message via Yahoo to c1j1c2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH-Z51 View Post
I think that is what happened to my previous vehicle, which is why I'll never agree to anything like that again, and I always ask before they do the work.
c1j1c2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:32 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page Automatic Transmission Cooler Line

Tags
automatic, blew, c6, connection, coolant, cooler, cooling, corvette, coupler, flush, line, lines, power, quick, transmission