C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUD display is Intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 03:35 PM
Salt
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default HUD display is Intermittent

Question for those with knowledge of our HUD system? My HUD display comes and goes? Over the last 4 months my HUD display doesn't come on, I've checked the dash, nothing looks to be out of place, checked the fuse, fuse is fine. Last Sunday upon starting the car, the HUD display was back, Yeah! Started the car this morning, HUD display is not working, Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and would know what the fix could be, My car is a 2006, low mileage. The HUD dimmer control has not been touched prior, I have tried to adjust recently with no results. I have changed batteries more then a couple times, I don't drive the car as much as I used to, can't hook up my battery tender so my batteries die, could this be the problem? Any advice would be appreciated, Salt
Old 05-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Salt
Question for those with knowledge of our HUD system? My HUD display comes and goes? Over the last 4 months my HUD display doesn't come on, I've checked the dash, nothing looks to be out of place, checked the fuse, fuse is fine. Last Sunday upon starting the car, the HUD display was back, Yeah! Started the car this morning, HUD display is not working, Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and would know what the fix could be, My car is a 2006, low mileage. The HUD dimmer control has not been touched prior, I have tried to adjust recently with no results. I have changed batteries more then a couple times, I don't drive the car as much as I used to, can't hook up my battery tender so my batteries die, could this be the problem? Any advice would be appreciated, Salt
I think you have the infamous mirror fail/fall problem. If I am correct, about the problem, you can pull the HUD and repair or buy a new HUD. Both options are not that expensive IF YOU DIY. There are a number of posts on this issue and how to repair. I have a '05 and completed the repair 2 years ago, DIY.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:48 PM
madsonp
Safety Car

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,164 Posts

Changing batteries can cause glitches in the electronics, if you have a good battery in it now, try disconnecting it for a few minutes then hook it back up and see what that does. And I'd say if you can't put a tender on it you should unhook the battery when you're not driving it to prevent killing your battery.

Last edited by madsonp; 05-11-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:00 AM
BackInBlack05
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

Had the mirror or projector or whatever fall out of place on mine. Have you witnessed the projection "relocating" at times? That was my first sign.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:15 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

At night, if you look down the HUD projector, do you see a green glow? If so, your mirror pivot point has failed and needs repair.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:22 AM
Salt
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the advice all, Took the car for a Sunday drive and the HUD returned, I am hoping it is just a problem related to my multiple battery changes. I have also noticed the battery terminals don't hold as tight as before. Since I've recently purchased a tune from COW and Chuck did state to make sure the battery stays charged, or I could get electrical gremlins popping up, I now drive the car weekly, which should keep my battery at a safe level. When I travel for a couple weeks, I return to a dead battery. My current home is a condo, the parking stalls do not have electrical access, I do not want to tear my car cover to attach a solar tender, and no one else drives my car, I might have to consider disconnecting the battery when traveling, hope it doesn't lead to more electrical issues. I will check the HUD mirror later this week, hope it's not the mirror fail/fall problem, Thanks again guys, Salt
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 05:21 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you my friend!

Originally Posted by Salt
Thanks for the advice all, Took the car for a Sunday drive and the HUD returned, I am hoping it is just a problem related to my multiple battery changes. I have also noticed the battery terminals don't hold as tight as before. Since I've recently purchased a tune from COW and Chuck did state to make sure the battery stays charged, or I could get electrical gremlins popping up, I now drive the car weekly, which should keep my battery at a safe level. When I travel for a couple weeks, I return to a dead battery. My current home is a condo, the parking stalls do not have electrical access, I do not want to tear my car cover to attach a solar tender, and no one else drives my car, I might have to consider disconnecting the battery when traveling, hope it doesn't lead to more electrical issues. I will check the HUD mirror later this week, hope it's not the mirror fail/fall problem, Thanks again guys, Salt

Thank you my friend!

Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To HUD display is Intermittent

Quick Reply: HUD display is Intermittent