C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diehard Battery Maintainer Model 71219

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 04:51 PM
MYREDZO6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Default Diehard Battery Maintainer Model 71219

I just bought one of the DieHard 71219 Battery Maintainers and noticed that all 3 lights are blinking very fast. It does this for a short while and then switches back to charging. Have any other owners of this model experienced this and is it normal? The Manual says nothing about it. My Z06 is new (November, 2010) and so is the battery as I had the dealer replace it after it died on the second day of ownership. BTW, it also did the same thing on one of my other cars which I used as a test to make sure it would not blow up the Z06 battery; it didn't so I guess this is normal? Any replies about this symptom will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:13 PM
MYREDZO6
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '11

I guess no one has had this problem. Just to let anyone know who cares, I took it back and ordered the Battery Tender Plus. Should be here tomorrow. Also, this was my second Diehard 71219. Hopefully the Battery Tender will work much better.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by MYREDZO6
I guess no one has had this problem. Just to let anyone know who cares, I took it back and ordered the Battery Tender Plus. Should be here tomorrow. Also, this was my second Diehard 71219. Hopefully the Battery Tender will work much better.
The Battery Tender should work just fine.

I considered getting that but got a CTEK 3300 battery maintainer and love it.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:17 PM
JFERRELL88
Advanced

I've had diehard for two years and it still works just fine. Used it on my camaro last year and this year on my 08z. However i bought my dad one for christmas for his 8 coupe and the thing just clicks when you plug it up. traded it for another and it works fine.. I will prolly get a battery tender this year for next winter. I wouldn't buy another die hard but my mine works fine so who knows
Old 01-05-2011, 12:02 AM
MYREDZO6
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
The Battery Tender should work just fine.

I considered getting that but got a CTEK 3300 battery maintainer and love it.
Thanks. Should be here tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:04 AM
MYREDZO6
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by JFERRELL88
I've had diehard for two years and it still works just fine. Used it on my camaro last year and this year on my 08z. However i bought my dad one for christmas for his 8 coupe and the thing just clicks when you plug it up. traded it for another and it works fine.. I will prolly get a battery tender this year for next winter. I wouldn't buy another die hard but my mine works fine so who knows
There must have been a bad batch last year. Doesn't matter now, the Battery Tender is on it's way.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:51 PM
0chargerconnection
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11
Default Check out StealthLink

For hassle free connection of your battery tender.

Check it out at: www.chargerconnection.com

Old 01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MYREDZO6
I have had two Battery Tender Plus units for over three years running 24/7 all year round and they work very well.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:45 PM
MYREDZO6
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '11

Got my BT Plus in and it has worked flawlessly on 3 vehicles. Ordered the cigarette lighter adapter and using it now with the cover on the Vette. Should have picked a BT up to begin with. Thanks to all the posters here on th CF regarding battery maintainers.

Get notified of new replies

To Diehard Battery Maintainer Model 71219

Quick Reply: Diehard Battery Maintainer Model 71219