C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power seats and telescopic stopped working please help

Old 01-05-2011, 08:40 PM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Power seats and telescopic stopped working please help

Like the topic said I took the car to get washed when I got it back they stopped working ! I think I tried everything checked all fuses including the ones in the sub box checked connections under seat, tried soft reset ,unhooked the battery for 2 hours !!! Please anybody with ideas respond I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealership I'd rather not go ......one more thing when I press the switches I hear a click I guess that's the relay I'm stumped ..thanks
Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by nunii
Like the topic said I took the car to get washed when I got it back they stopped working ! I think I tried everything checked all fuses including the ones in the sub box checked connections under seat, tried soft reset ,unhooked the battery for 2 hours !!! Please anybody with ideas respond I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealership I'd rather not go ......one more thing when I press the switches I hear a click I guess that's the relay I'm stumped ..thanks

really strange problem. nunii is my cousin. weve tried everything including testing every fuse in the car and unplugging the harness under the seat. someone has to have had this problem before. any takers???
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Is it both seats that don't work? Maybe check the wire harness under the passenger side. Can't hurt to try. Other than that I have no ideas. Good luck with it.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:11 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
Is it both seats that don't work? Maybe check the wire harness under the passenger side. Can't hurt to try. Other than that I have no ideas. Good luck with it.
drivers seat and telescopic stearing only.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:44 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by nunii
Mine happened about six months ago. I found that if I dont put pressure on the drivers seat that they work. If I giggle the harness under the seat, they work. I was going to pull the seat over the holidays and look further but the HUD replacement and wide booty conversion took longer than expected . I have the seat and wheel where I want them so it hasn't been a big priority.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:03 PM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Yep tried wiggling it too no go
Old 09-13-2011, 03:08 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

I fixed my telescopic and dirver side power seat. I found that two wires under the seat sheared off. Most likely from the seat being so low and me getting in and out of the car, causing the wire to eventually break. You can only bend a wire back and forth so many times before the copper yields and brakes.

re-attached the wires to the connector and everything works as before!

Old 09-21-2011, 06:15 PM
I hate user names
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this exact same issue! Did you uncover the problem?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:22 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

Yes, it you re-read my post, you will see that the center connector got separated from the wires. I re-attached the wire to the connector and plugged in the connector..
Old 09-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

I hate user names – were you able to fix what’s going on with your Corvette? Please send me a PM if you’re still having issues.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service

Get notified of new replies

To Power seats and telescopic stopped working please help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power seats and telescopic stopped working please help