Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 01-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
nunii
CF Senior Member

Default Power seats and telescopic stopped working please help

Like the topic said I took the car to get washed when I got it back they stopped working ! I think I tried everything checked all fuses including the ones in the sub box checked connections under seat, tried soft reset ,unhooked the battery for 2 hours !!! Please anybody with ideas respond I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealership I'd rather not go ......one more thing when I press the switches I hear a click I guess that's the relay I'm stumped ..thanks
nunii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
brooklync5
CF Senior Member

Monster1234
Send a message via AIM to brooklync5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunii View Post
Like the topic said I took the car to get washed when I got it back they stopped working ! I think I tried everything checked all fuses including the ones in the sub box checked connections under seat, tried soft reset ,unhooked the battery for 2 hours !!! Please anybody with ideas respond I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealership I'd rather not go ......one more thing when I press the switches I hear a click I guess that's the relay I'm stumped ..thanks

really strange problem. nunii is my cousin. weve tried everything including testing every fuse in the car and unplugging the harness under the seat. someone has to have had this problem before. any takers???
brooklync5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
EVRose
CF Senior Member

Is it both seats that don't work? Maybe check the wire harness under the passenger side. Can't hurt to try. Other than that I have no ideas. Good luck with it.
EVRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
brooklync5
CF Senior Member

Monster1234
Send a message via AIM to brooklync5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVRose View Post
Is it both seats that don't work? Maybe check the wire harness under the passenger side. Can't hurt to try. Other than that I have no ideas. Good luck with it.
drivers seat and telescopic stearing only.
brooklync5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
gr86ss
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunii View Post
Mine happened about six months ago. I found that if I dont put pressure on the drivers seat that they work. If I giggle the harness under the seat, they work. I was going to pull the seat over the holidays and look further but the HUD replacement and wide booty conversion took longer than expected . I have the seat and wheel where I want them so it hasn't been a big priority.
gr86ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
nunii
CF Senior Member

Yep tried wiggling it too no go
nunii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
gr86ss
CF Senior Member

I fixed my telescopic and dirver side power seat. I found that two wires under the seat sheared off. Most likely from the seat being so low and me getting in and out of the car, causing the wire to eventually break. You can only bend a wire back and forth so many times before the copper yields and brakes.

re-attached the wires to the connector and everything works as before!

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
I hate user names
CF Member

I have this exact same issue! Did you uncover the problem?
I hate user names is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #9
gr86ss
CF Senior Member

Yes, it you re-read my post, you will see that the center connector got separated from the wires. I re-attached the wire to the connector and plugged in the connector..
Old 09-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
Chevy Cust Svc
CF Senior Member

I hate user names – were you able to fix what’s going on with your Corvette? Please send me a PM if you’re still having issues.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service
Chevy Cust Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page Power seats and telescopic stopped working please help

Tags
c6, corvette, dont, power, powr, problems, sear, seat, steering, stopped, telescopic, telescoping, wheel, work, working