C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does the combo of MSR and Z16 work out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:44 PM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Default How does the combo of MSR and Z16 work out?

I am planning on getting a new 2011 Grand Sport soon and could use some info/advice concerning the optional F55 Magnetic Selective Ride. This was not offered in 2010 on the Grand Sport and I know from past Corvette Forum discussions that you had to either get the Z51 (essentially the Z16 performance package used on the Grand Sport) or the F55 MSR option. There was some talk about how good it would be to get a combination of the Z51 and the F55 MSR options but to my knowledge that was not possible untill the 2011 GS model year.
I originally posted this on the technical part of Forum but was advised to put it in General. Is the combo of the Z16 and MSR F55 a good thing? What are the benefits of getting the F55 with the Z16 assuming you do get Z16 when you pay the extra $1695? What is the downside. This will be a daily driver in season but I do like to take it to TRACKMASTER's open track days too.
Also I understand that the MSR in the ZR1 makes this a real world class car in terms of handling, does it substantially improve the GS as well?
I appreciate any advice you can give me out there.

Quick Reply: How does the combo of MSR and Z16 work out?