C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tracking Your New Corvette Order

Old 01-29-2011, 09:19 AM
eric04
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DC321
I do not know the answer, but I would call my dealer immediately. That is a big difference. You will love the HUD.
i agree with DC321 i would call the dealer today, when did your order go in?
Old 01-29-2011, 09:21 AM
eric04
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I have to give thanks to these guys for letting us in on the status more frequently. You know how exciting it is, let alone important to us guys picking up the cars at the museum.

It is so much better than when I bought my 2008. This is a great service.

Thanks to all involved.

Dan
hey dan i know its a little bit if a drive but you comming to the corvette lunch at champps on andrews ave, and cypress creek rd, in ft. lauderdale?
Old 01-29-2011, 09:36 AM
chevroletconnects
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011GS
So when is it too late to make a change to your order after it's been accepted by the factory? I would like to change my 2LT to a 3LT...

-derrick
Your dealer can make changes to your order at any point until it reaches 3000 status. So 1100, 2000, 2500 all can be modified. 3000 and over cannot. This is because at 3000 that is the point in production that they actually order the specific parts for your build.

Good luck derick....Larry
Old 01-29-2011, 09:39 AM
chevroletconnects
Instructor

I have to give thanks to these guys for letting us in on the status more frequently. You know how exciting it is, let alone important to us guys picking up the cars at the museum.

It is so much better than when I bought my 2008. This is a great service.

Thanks to all involved.

Dan
Thanks for the kind words Dan. And yes I do know how exciting it is....Heck I have a ball just watching you guys get your cars. Larry
Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 PM
chevroletconnects
Instructor

7 hours till another workweek begins! Who has a TPW this week?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:08 PM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

I ordered my first new Corvette on 1/18/11 (although I have had 2 "used" C6 coupes). I never had to track any new car I ordered but find myself a little stressed due to the 2/28/11 deadlines. The question I have is "how is my involvement with Chevrolet Connects going to be perceived by my ordering dealer if I decide to use your service." I don't want to upset the applecart since I'm really on the bubble.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:14 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I entered my info yesterday, Saturday. It told me I will start receiving info on the next business day which will be tomorrow, Monday. If I understand this correctly this will be an outstanding plus for us, We will receive e mails as the car moves along to production. Wow!!! Thanks, Paul.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:25 PM
chevroletconnects
Instructor

Originally Posted by sdurg24
I ordered my first new Corvette on 1/18/11 (although I have had 2 "used" C6 coupes). I never had to track any new car I ordered but find myself a little stressed due to the 2/28/11 deadlines. The question I have is "how is my involvement with Chevrolet Connects going to be perceived by my ordering dealer if I decide to use your service." I don't want to upset the applecart since I'm really on the bubble.
At last check we have been used by over 180 dealers themselves and indirectly by over 2600. Our complete mission is to support the Dealer Network. The number one Chevrolet volume dealer 5 years running (Classic Chevrolet Grapevine TX) uses our service and even offers us support from his staff for development purposes.

With that said, all we do is provide your status and notify you as it changes which will free up his sales team to do what they do best. Our service is not intended to replace your dealer in any way. In fact many dealers do a great job letting their customers know every step along the way. However, many of us simply feel like we are bothering them when we want to know if our status has changed. I sure know I did. I would actually find myself holding back asking for an update to only once a week when I really wanted to know every day if anything has changed.

The dealers can certainly see the same updates via their Global Connect up until the vehicle is built status 3800. However, we provide the logistics updates which are only available to the dealer by calling the Dealer Business Center. We also provide the truck tracking updates from AAG which is the method all Corvettes are shipped.

Our database is not shared with anyone at anytime so unless you tell your dealer about us (which we hope you do), he will never know.

Hope that answered your questions, If not please clarify. If you want to check for your Target production date we would be happy to check for that as well. We do need a order number to do so however. Feel free to PM me at any time.

Larry
Old 01-30-2011, 10:27 PM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks Larry
Old 01-30-2011, 10:38 PM
chevroletconnects
Instructor

Originally Posted by PaulB
I entered my info yesterday, Saturday. It told me I will start receiving info on the next business day which will be tomorrow, Monday. If I understand this correctly this will be an outstanding plus for us, We will receive e mails as the car moves along to production. Wow!!! Thanks, Paul.
Paul, if your was ordered thru Bob Brown Chevrolet its already been updated. Basically, if your order is a Sold Retail Order it will automatically update every 2 hours 24 hours a day 7 days a week. At the next change in status you should receive an update via email if you registered it that way. And it goes beyond production all the way thru delivery at you destination.

You can see your status at anytime by going to chevroletconnects.com and entering your order number in the track now box.

Larry

I
Old 01-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Snake.Oiler
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'14,'15,'16,'18,'19-'20,'22,'24

Originally Posted by chevroletconnects
7 hours till another workweek begins! Who has a TPW this week?
I do! I do! I do!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 PM
chevroletconnects
Instructor

Originally Posted by Snake.Oiler
I do! I do! I do!
Ahhhh i see it! Nice. You have been waiting for a long time and endured that entire shutdown...And your patience is about to be rewarded with a new GS Coupe. Make sure you come back and let us know when you get your Vin. Larry
Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Thanks, Yes, you have the correct dealer...
Old 01-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Snake.Oiler
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'14,'15,'16,'18,'19-'20,'22,'24

Ahhhh i see it! Nice. You have been waiting for a long time and endured that entire shutdown...And your patience is about to be rewarded with a new GS Coupe. Make sure you come back and let us know when you get your Vin. Larry
The holiday shutdown drove me nuts.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:14 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

I went in, This is amazing info, thanks again...
Old 01-30-2011, 11:21 PM
chevroletconnects
Instructor

I went in, This is amazing info, thanks again...
Not a problem Paul. Glad you like it and hope it makes the process the best it can be for you. Larry
Old 01-30-2011, 11:25 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

This is a note to the person that wanted to make a change in their order. I went in and checked my order and from the time the car was entered, 4 days went by before it went to a 3000 status code. So, please call your dealer asap... Good Luck...

Get notified of new replies

To Tracking Your New Corvette Order

Old 01-31-2011, 12:57 AM
2011GS
Intermediate

Your dealer can make changes to your order at any point until it reaches 3000 status. So 1100, 2000, 2500 all can be modified. 3000 and over cannot. This is because at 3000 that is the point in production that they actually order the specific parts for your build.

Good luck derick....Larry
Thanks Larry. It made it to 3000 a while ago. No big deal. Still VERY excited to get my first corvette! The shutdown has been painful. How long was the shutdown (how much was i delayed) anyway?

My order was placed mid-december and i just found out i have a scheduled 'birth date' of 2/14. Happy Valentines to me!

-derrick
Old 01-31-2011, 12:59 AM
2011GS
Intermediate

This is a note to the person that wanted to make a change in their order. I went in and checked my order and from the time the car was entered, 4 days went by before it went to a 3000 status code. So, please call your dealer asap... Good Luck...
Thanks Paul. My order has been in for quite a while. No big deal. Congrats on your car and enjoy tracking your order as well!

-derrick
Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 AM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Everyone getting excited about their vehicle makes me waiting for mines (TPW 2/14) worse! Can you all stop it out so I can cut back on my Valium?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tracking Your New Corvette Order