C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am a bad vette owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 PM
dads toy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am a bad vette owner

My neighbor around the corner has a black C6 vette that looks like mine. I am positive his is one of th nicer versions since mine is the base model. Anyways coming home from work on Friday he pulled up beside me at a light and asked me why I was driving my vette? it was 20 degrees temp with snow still on the road. He said he only starts his in the garage every couple of weeks over the long winter. I told him I bought mine to drive. I did have it parked for 19 out of 21 days while we had lots of snow in the KC area.

I did take it to the car wash today since it finally hit above 32 degrees to wash the dirt and salt off of it. well I ended up going for a nice long drive and now I can't even tell that I washed it. guess I will have to go wash it off again tomorrow evening.

Sorry for being a bad vette owner and letting my vette get dirt and salt on it. But don't tell my neighbor that I did enjoy the ride.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:49 PM
kyle0k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dads toy
My neighbor around the corner has a black C6 vette that looks like mine. I am positive his is one of th nicer versions since mine is the base model. Anyways coming home from work on Friday he pulled up beside me at a light and asked me why I was driving my vette? it was 20 degrees temp with snow still on the road. He said he only starts his in the garage every couple of weeks over the long winter. I told him I bought mine to drive. I did have it parked for 19 out of 21 days while we had lots of snow in the KC area.

I did take it to the car wash today since it finally hit above 32 degrees to wash the dirt and salt off of it. well I ended up going for a nice long drive and now I can't even tell that I washed it. guess I will have to go wash it off again tomorrow evening.

Sorry for being a bad vette owner and letting my vette get dirt and salt on it. But don't tell my neighbor that I did enjoy the ride.
If I still lived on the east coast, I too would drive mine in the winter on any possible day I could. Don't see why people store their cars for the winter, unless there is too much snow for the car to pull out even.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Supercrewbear
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, you're a terrible, awful Vette owner. But at least you're enjoying your car the way you want too! IT'S YOURS! Kind of like the floor mats that everyone ridiculed me for. I'm so WRONG for having them. Not to me and that's the only one who really counts! So drive your Vette in the snow, slush and salt -- then you can wash it off and go again. Have fun with your car! Tell your neighbor thanks but he should MYOB.

P.S.

Still have these mats! If anyone doesn't like them they should MYOB...

Old 02-12-2011, 10:57 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

You're a good vette owner....you let it out of the garage and actually drive it.!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:59 PM
vant
Burning Brakes

Nooo! You can't put miles on a C6, especially in winter! It's a super rare future-classic destined to auction for millions at Barrett Jackson in just 4 short decades from now. What are you thinking?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:00 PM
dads toy
Burning Brakes

I remember those floor matts. glad you like them. good for you!! thanks for the replies.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:07 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Maybe its me but I don't se whats wrong with those floor mats. I have the GM all weather mats I found on the auction site. I suppose those are bad too. I don't care I have them in all my GM vehicles. Of course the truck came with them.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Supercrewbear
Yep, you're a terrible, awful Vette owner. But at least you're enjoying your car the way you want too! IT'S YOURS! Kind of like the floor mats that everyone ridiculed me for. I'm so WRONG for having them. Not to me and that's the only one who really counts! So drive your Vette in the snow, slush and salt -- then you can wash it off and go again. Have fun with your car! Tell your neighbor thanks but he should MYOB.

P.S.

Be careful you don't get any Toyota style unintended acceleration with those babies....looks like they are wrinkling up by the gas pedal....

OP I drive the beejesus out of my Vette. Good for you! Vettes were made to drive IMHO.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:09 PM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dads toy

Tell him to kiss your a$$..... Its a Vette not a Ferrari. A lot of the members on here have trucks and SUV's that cost as much as a Corvette. Good job on your part. They are made to be driven. If its nice enough to drive hit the road.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:10 PM
BriscoCounty
Burning Brakes

Nothing wrong with taking it out in the cold. Mine sat for 5 weeks this past winter due to all the snow (most amount of time any car I've ever owned has sat), and I just got mine out this past week. 11 degrees heading to work Thursday, and it was just fine. Pot holes can be nasty with the stiff suspension in the cold, but did just fine. And did I ever miss the sound of my Borlas!!!

This week, 40s and into the 50s - I'll have my windows down by end of the week ........ can't wait!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:12 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing wrong with driving your Vette.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Skimball
Advanced

I washed my car this morning, drove it around a few hours and then washed it again. Next I detailed it at home and added a few mods I have been sitting on for the last six weeks. Hopefully all the snow will be melted in the next few days and we can have semi clean roads in KC. I have a motorcycle and the Z06...when it snows I tell the office I am working from a secure remote location.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:35 PM
widgetsupply
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't listen to your neighbor. You rock. It's going to depreciate whether you drive it or not.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:46 PM
enzo550m
Advanced

The only thing better than putting your butt in the car is putting your hands on it...even if it's with a wash mitt!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 973 Likes on 458 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

You will get over it.....
Old 02-13-2011, 12:06 AM
BLEKVET
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercrewbear

P.S.

That interior is beautiful !
Old 02-13-2011, 12:13 AM
07MontyRed
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 139 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by gunterwalker
Tell him to kiss your a$$..... Its a Vette not a Ferrari. A lot of the members on here have trucks and SUV's that cost as much as a Corvette. Good job on your part. They are made to be driven. If its nice enough to drive hit the road.
I drove my Ferrari when it rained (never had snow where I lived) ... they are all cars - the designers intended them to be driven (hence why they have windshield wipers and lights and floor mats). Good for everybody that drives them ... (from a person that has used a Vette as a DD, and only car, for 25 years now)

Get notified of new replies

To I am a bad vette owner

Old 02-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

As long as there isn't snow and ice on the road why not drive it? So it gets dirty...wash it! As for your neighbor...to each his own. Enjoy your car.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Pinky...
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rain is fine.

Salt is
Old 02-13-2011, 09:39 AM
thirtythird
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

The only reason there is debate about this question is because there is no single right answer.

If you have more than one car to choose from then you can't really drive both at the same time, so you have to decide.

Since they salt the streets where I live, I prefer not to get salt on my "good" car because I don't want to try and run it through an auto car wash. I am not about to try and hand wash it in the winter. Too cold for that.

Yes maybe when I get bored of the car and decide to sell it someone will get a sweet ride with low miles and little wear...good for them.

On the flip side, I will probably not buy new again knowing what I know now, and that is that there are a lot of well cared for Vettes out there to be had.

It's all good. Drive them how you prefer is what I say.

Quick Reply: I am a bad vette owner