C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Magnaflow Muffler review with pics & video

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:15 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Custom Magnaflow Muffler review with pics & video

Well I finally got the exhaust installed on the car... I know this has been done a bunch of times in the past but figured id post up some pics, video, and my opinion!

You definitely can't beat the price!
I spent right around $450 with parts, shipping, and labor!

Parts:
Magnaflow 11236 - $150
Cherry Bomb 577577 - $44

Labor:
Mufflex Performance Exhaust in Trenton, NJ - $246
This was a little expensive, but I was willing to pay the right price to have it done right the first time as this is what the shop specializes in is hi-perf exhausts and knew they'd take the time to align everything and make sure there were no issues. Used them in the past for other vehicles...

I definitely like the look of the dual tips over the quad... Though most prefer the other way around, but I like it and the idea of adding an exhaust filler plate in the middle to fill the gap! More racy IMO.

As far as the sound, its got a nice low rumble at idle...
When pulling away slowly or moderately, it has a real sweet growl to it! It sounds almost just like the Magnaflow Mario Andretti commercial!
At WOT inside the car, it starts out just like a slow/moderate pull away & then screams pretty good, but the engine inside is as noticeable as the exhaust. Cant really say if one is louder than the other
Outside the car at WOT, id say the exhaust is definitely more noticeable... Watch the video for yourself and let me know what ya think!
As far as the volume, its just right or at the worst just slightly low, but maybe itll get louder with time?
Either way, headers will be in the future & I know it will get far louder then!

As far as the dreaded drone everyone is so about... I cruised home at 80mph for 30 minutes and there is just the slightest amount. The road noise is still more noticeable IMO! I wouldnt have even noticed it if it werent so discussed on the forum and me listening for it! I didnt do much cruising at 70 or 75mph, but it might be slightly more drone around there, but again it didnt seem like anything that would bother me.
The bottom line with the drone for me = non-existent.
Maybe the drone everyone speaks of with the magnaflows is with the full axle-back and cat-back kits??

Other than that, I love it soo far! Any questions or comments, lemme know!
Ohh, ill try to get some better videos in next few days or week, something closer on the driveby

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4N0Kxqr-y0

cell phone pics right after completion

Digital camera pics at home

Old 02-15-2011, 06:15 PM
TommyV
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '16

That's a great price. The tips look good, they're just a little too far apart for my taste. I have the dual tip Corsa Sports. Heres a pic for comparison.

Last edited by TommyV; 02-15-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:38 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TommyV
That's a great price. The tips look good, they're just a little too far apart for my taste. I have the dual tip Corsa Sports. Heres a pic for comparison.
Ya, I see what ya mean, a lil farther apart... The installer asked about bringing them closer, but then the mufflers would have to had been cocked inwards toward each other... didn't want to do that and intended on getting a exhaust filler plate regardless...
Esp now with the gap, the filler plate will come in nicely!

The corsas sure do look good tho!!

Which filler plate to get now!?

or

Old 02-15-2011, 06:40 PM
ClemsonT/A
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 74VETTE
Ya, I see what ya mean, a lil farther apart... The installer asked about bringing them closer, but then the mufflers would have to had been cocked inwards toward each other... didn't want to do that and intended on getting a exhaust filler plate regardless...
Esp now with the gap, the filler plate will come in nicely!

The corsas sure do look good tho!!

Which filler plate to get now!?
Get the black one definitely.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:41 PM
TommyV
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '16

My vote.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:55 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

They look and sound good. I think most of the drone issue is around 1700 +/- RPM. Drone is why I took my after market exhaust off and when back to stock.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:59 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ClemsonT/A
Get the black one definitely.
Which black one?? The same one TommyV said? I think thats my fav, Looks like itll fill in most of the gap over the crossflags only... that one is my 2nd fav tho!

Get notified of new replies

To Custom Magnaflow Muffler review with pics & video

Quick Reply: Custom Magnaflow Muffler review with pics & video