C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANOTHER NPP controler question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Vettin08
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default ANOTHER NPP controler question

On my '08, I added the NPP mufflers, and used a M2W and NPP in a box. The unit I got was adjustable in that you could wire it up to start up w/ the valves open or closed.

The new one I have on order has factory NPP, so I need something that will not only let me switch back and forth, but also to select the "start up mode".

I've seen the Exhaust Commander, but really don't want to go digging into the dash and splicing wires. Are there any others?

I did the search, but didn't find this specific function only, don't really need to adjust the RPM's at which it comes on.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 PM
chimazo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '11 came with the NPP and I installed the M2W w/remote. It doesn't have any rpm adjustment. I believe it defaults to 'open,' but I haven't driven the car in a while.

No cutting or splicing necessary. Pretty much plug and play.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:36 PM
65Corvette
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Check out my thread on DIY - Dual Mode Exhaust Switch. For $10 worth of parts and about 10 minutes of work you can control when the NPP butterflies open and when they don't with a simple toggle switch or a foot button on the dead pedal like some others have done. Quick, easy, inexpensive, and best of all the instructions are FREE. Send me an email address and I'll shoot you a pdf with the simple easy to follow step by step instructions. I didn't invent this mod or the instruction sheet, so i don't want to take credit for someone else's great work. I've done this to several cars though and it works and sounds great. Puts you in total control with the ability to return to full factory specs at the flip of a switch.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 PM
6 string player
Cruising

After looking at everything I ended up with this. Easy install,plug and play.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-7-39-11320.html

Mounts on a bolt on left passenger side, remove fuse, replace with plug in (all prewired and fused) enjoy.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Vettin08
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 6 string player
After looking at everything I ended up with this. Easy install,plug and play.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-7-39-11320.html

Mounts on a bolt on left passenger side, remove fuse, replace with plug in (all prewired and fused) enjoy.
What "bolt" does this attach to? So if the switch is on, when you start it up, the valves stay open, and if the switch is off, they stay in the factory configuration, right?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:49 PM
6 string player
Cruising

The bolt is about 3 or 4 inches from the center console just below the glove box.

They have a pic of it in the directions.I believe it was a 10mm socket and was to a brace to the dash.

Yes, on is on and off is off. ( the wife likes it quiet) easy 5-min install. Also would be easy to put back to stock anytime.

Get notified of new replies

To ANOTHER NPP controler question

Quick Reply: ANOTHER NPP controler question