C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pistol holster

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:30 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Boozman
I keep mine in the center console a .380 with laser
me too... no laser.. a kimber ultra raptor II .45 cal.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:32 PM
florida john
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I remember another series of posts on this forum last year where some members stated that they carried a pistol in a holster fitted behind the passenger seat. Several questioned the practicality of this.

Although the console is awkward, it seems to be the best place without having an open holster as shown above. Using a cross draw holster is sometimes practical in some cars, but I don't find them practical for the Corvette. I prefer something more substantial than the 32's like my Seecamp or the recent crop of 380's. I wuold love to find a way to fit something into the door pocket if it would be secure when opening and closing the door. No luck with that yet.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:37 PM
TBonez
2005 Beast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm just wondering if Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes have a thread like this in their forums...???

This is one of the threads that makes me want to sell this....this stupid gun-toting stigma shouldn't be attached to the Vette.....and trust me, it's probably one of the nicest Vettes in this whole Damn Forum...and you read about this crap all the time... hey we have fast cars.. if your in a situation you get outta there and then call the cops....enough of the Rambo crap... it's 2011 already.

Last edited by TBonez; 03-05-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:41 PM
KarlK
Team Owner

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by keyplyr
Between the passenger seat and the tunnel hump.

I've got one exactly like that, great location, no drilling, etc. Works great.

Fits my Glock just fine. I only use it in the mount when I'm driving.

When I leave the car, I remove my Glock and carry, push down and remove the holder and toss it in the back.

Arizona, anybody (except felons of course) can carry in a car if the weapon is exposed. Heck ,now, they may be able to carry concealed in a car?

Yup, there is road rage and bad neighborhoods and bad people here in AZ and elsewhere.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Originally Posted by TBonez
I'm just wondering if Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes have a thread like this in their forums...???
This is yet another reason to own a Vette, IMHO.

BTW, I don't see any problem with a holster mounted to the dash under and slightly to the right of the steering column. COuld be done pretty easily, using a belt holster adapted to a mount screwed to the bottom of the valance panel under the dash.

This could allow a guy (or gal) to have some releif from wearing a pistol chest level/wearing a jacket while driving long distances. I do not agree that keeping one on your body is better if the holster of choice is a hip/belt holster. Uncomfortable.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Ketchum
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 6 ounce Keltec 32ACP fits right on the right hand side of the drivers seat. If postioned correctly I can pull it right from the holster with ease. Plus it can't be seen there. It also fits in my pants pocket or jacket. Can't tell I'm carrying.Its smaller then my wallet. I don't need laser sights cause you gonna be real close when it goes off. I do have a carry permit.

Last edited by Ketchum; 03-06-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:36 AM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

This is one of the threads that makes me want to sell this....this stupid gun-toting stigma shouldn't be attached to the Vette.....and trust me, it's probably one of the nicest Vettes in this whole Damn Forum...and you read about this crap all the time... hey we have fast cars.. if your in a situation you get outta there and then call the cops....enough of the Rambo crap... it's 2011 already.
Evidently, what you don't realize is that what you see on this site is nothing. Get used to it.

Whether you are left or right, guns are being bought up in record numbers because of the huge fear being pounded into people on a daily basis. The full blown arsenals that some Americans are building can easily be seen on the internet. It's the wild west all over again only more so. Look around...a LOT of people are carrying right around you whether you know it or not.

Plus, guns are just like hot cars...lots of technical info, feelings of power, danger, different models, materials, calibers, accessories, internet forums/information, etc. It really isn't much different.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Ketchum
Drifting

I'm on my 2nd 5 year permit. Toted the gun long before I owned a vette. The gun is a very last resort. I tote it everywhere I go. One of my lady friends, however, says "The U.S.Constitution is my gun license!"

Last edited by Ketchum; 03-06-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: add to
Old 03-06-2011, 03:31 AM
RAT
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, you want some balloons and a cupcake with that statement? You really have no clue of reality. Of course the best option is to get out of a harmful situation. But that doesn't always pan out does it?

Your best option wouild be to carry on person. If not, your center console would be your second choice. Behind the seat is not the best place if you were in a life or death situation. Your weapon could become snagged and that would defeat it's intire purpose.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:44 AM
Blaq Ops
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really think so? You are a thug's dream. You can't always run. You're car draws attention no matter where you are. You don't have to be in a bad neighborhood to get jacked.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:02 AM
larvette
Drifting

Originally Posted by Boozman
I keep mine in the center console a .380 with laser
Same here Rugar LCP .380 Auto.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:30 AM
KarlK
Team Owner

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 AM
JERGENSEN LS3
Melting Slicks

Location: New Jersey - National Corvette Museum Member '08, '09, '10, '11, '12

[QUOTE=TBonez;1576973895]I'm just wondering if Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes have a thread like this in their forums...???

Why so anti-gun ?

Why do threads like this make you want to sell your Vette ?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:09 AM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered seat covers and much to my surprise, that is an option!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:14 AM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaq Ops
You really think so? You are a thug's dream. You can't always run. You're car draws attention no matter where you are. You don't have to be in a bad neighborhood to get jacked.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:22 AM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Guns are like money...you never have enough
Old 03-06-2011, 09:35 AM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by beepster
Guns are like money...you never have enough
Roger that.

I carry mine in a cross draw shoulder rig (Jackass or Miami Vice) from Galco - I also use the 5.11 Tactical Tshirt with built in ambidextrous shoulder holsters. Just wear a cover shirt or light jacket. I also have a 5.11 Vest setup. I either carry my duty weapon (H&K), or a Springfield XD, or my Wilson Combat KZ45, or (believe it or not) a Taurus 1911 with a Streamlight light/laser combo.

And yes, I am a LEO. And I am one who advocates concealed carry for all law abiding citizens. Don't allow yourselves (or more importantly YOUR FAMILIES) to be victims. Carjackings occur EVERYWHERE

There are three kinds of people:
1. Sheep - too many of these
2. Wolves - too damn many of these too. No offense Wolfdogs
3. Sheepdogs - not enough of these.

Last edited by KBoltz; 03-06-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Pistol holster

Old 03-06-2011, 09:47 AM
yellersubvette
Racer

Hey the guy has a point. I was in a situation last year when two guys wanted to carjack my vette. I started talking nice to them and explained how hard I had worked my whole life for nice stuff and how much I respected them as individuals. We had a good laugh, popped open a couple of 40oz's on the curb, talked about our families and still keep in touch via facebook.
Reality?!?! I spent $200 on ammo last week. Its not a Vette thing its an American thing. I'm going to go out on a limp and bet his liscense plate says I "heart" BARRY. Bottom line pally...it is legal. The stupid and complacent shall be punished.
Even my wife laughed at this. As she laughed she asked "Is this guy for real?"
He'll change his mind if he is ever on the victim end one time.
The only time I have a gun with me is when travelling long distance. I have it in case of a breakdown at night. Never know who might stop to "help".
No CC permit so I keep it in the back locked in a case and seperated from ammo to keep the cops from cuffing me if they pull up. If I had to carry daily, I like KarlK's setup.

Last edited by yellersubvette; 03-06-2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: add
Old 03-06-2011, 09:47 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Center console works for me, just a small snub nose 38.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:58 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

to the OP. Velcro can work for any situation,column, seat,under dash,etc. Better to have a gun and not need it than to need it and not have it. My 2 cnts

Quick Reply: Pistol holster