C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$10 OFF - Add NPP (bi-mode) exhaust to any C6 with "NPP in a Box"

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 10:13 PM
K9KUZ
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Had this controller on my 2005 (with NPP exhaust), worked beautifully.....so ordered one for my new 2011 with factory NPP.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by K9KUZ
Had this controller on my 2005 (with NPP exhaust), worked beautifully.....so ordered one for my new 2011 with factory NPP.
Thank you
Old 09-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I add your kit, the exhaust still opens at a pre-set rpm like factory, correct? What RPM is this?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Wheelman
If I add your kit, the exhaust still opens at a pre-set rpm like factory, correct? What RPM is this?
Correct, If the driver accelerates hard the valves will open at 2,800 rpm as long as the driver is above 80% throttle. Between 30% and 80% throttle the exhaust will open during acceleration at 3,500 rpm.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

So when you use the remote, is ON always open and OFF default / factory operation mode? Or is there a totally off function that leaves them closed all the time?
Old 09-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Off sets it to the factory settings
Old 09-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

What signal does the NPP in a box use to know when to open the valves via rpm?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Wheelman
What signal does the NPP in a box use to know when to open the valves via rpm?
With the NPP it is either 100% open or 100% closed

With the M2W it is either 100% or when closed it reverts to the factory setting
Old 11-06-2013, 03:30 PM
heavy hitter
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just ordered mine
Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by heavy hitter
just ordered mine
Thank you for the order
Old 12-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Enterprisehunter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I finally got a chance this weekend (12/6/2014) to install the NPP in a box. All went well until I tried using the remote. It will not open or close using the remote. I checked the remote batteries 12.4 volts. I opened the box changed the red for white wires and the valves open and close. The remotes are not working and or the receiver/transmitter box. I sent you an email I hope you get back to me soon.

Please let me know what to do now.

Last edited by Enterprisehunter; 12-07-2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added
Old 05-29-2015, 06:57 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

NPP in a Box with free E-Z Tap (save $10) for the next 10 Orders, $179 + Shipping

E-Z TAP now for the LS2 and LS3 and exclusive to our NPP in a Box product!

E-Z Tap allows you to simply tap the vacuum from the front of the plenum in less than 3 minutes. No removing coil packs, busting knuckles or trying to access the back of the plenum. E-Z Tap make install a dream instead of a nightmare.

MUFFLERS NOT INCLUDED
GM Muffler parts numbers
2009 and up need
2008 and below need

Always 100% ZERO drain and you choose the startup mode HAVE IT START OPEN OR HAVE IT START CLOSED and can change it anytime. We guarantee this system to be the easiest to install and best engineered or your money back.

To order: http://www.qpcpv.com/topflightreproductions/index.html

Use what the PRO's use - Thanks to LG, ECS, Vette Doctors, Corvettes of Westchester, Corvettes of Houston and the many other Chevy Dealers for choosing this system to install in their customers cars, they demand the best and so should you. If you have any concerns or questions about the quality or ease of installation feel free to call them an see why NPP in a box is their choice.

VetteDoctors (Carmen) “Your NPP system is the best on the market. Very easy to install & your service is second to none.”
East Cost Supercharging(Chris) “We installed one last week and I must say the product was very well put together and a smooth install.. Thanks”
Corvettes of Westchester(Chuck) "I can't say enough about the NPP in a box PRODUCT! The kits are first rate! EVERYONE wants them! PRICE IS AWESOME!
SHIPPING IS ALMOST INSTANT! What more could you want!?!?"

1. The vacuum source off the motor had to be extremely simple to get. No removing coil packs or trying to access the back of the plenum and break off the unused vacuum line. It does not use the booster supply, so no worry there. On the LS2 /LS3 it will take you less than 5 min to install the vacuum tap (no tools needed) our innovation, approved and tested at vette doctors.

2. Want innovations, I did not just copy the GM system. I developed a 100% new system where the control is no bigger than a box of Twinkies. All parts are enclosed in the box (no separate controller to install) and will be located 100% in the car (rear storage hatch) with both the wireless control and the vacuum controls safely housed inside so you have no weather issues. The power supply is in a heavy double shielded cable, 5 min no tools and nothing to pop off or remove.

3. Cost is $179 and will include everything needed, you just supply the exhaust. You just install the vacuum tap, run the provided vacuum line from the motor to the rear, run and install the provided power harness, install the control box and hook up the vacuum lines. The whole system will draw less than ½ amp, have zero drain with the car off and start either open or close. It is not designed to work with the car2u visor yet but will have Mild2Wild built in or ask about a custom unit with a foot switch.

4.Designed to work with both the B&B and the GM NPP system that are installed in a retrofit configuration.

like to see what your getting? - here it is

Here is the complete process

NPP in a box, a set of NPP mufflers will give you an incredibly easy way to have just the sound you want, when you want, if you have a pre-2008 C6. In my case, throw in a set of LG headers, and you have rolling thunder at the flick of a switch. The combo of the headers and the NPP in Wild gives you AMAZING sound and “HEY, LOOK AT ME!!!” volume…the tonality and sound is that of a NASCAR stock car at WOT outside the car, yet quieter and less drone inside the car than the GH* exhaust I was so fond of. The install is very straight forward, easier with a lift, but as has shown, you can do it on jack stands. Here are some pics and descriptions of the step by step process; you will receive complete illustrated instructions with your purchase.

NPP Mufflers waiting for Install

Factory Exhaust Removed

Drilling a ¼” hole in the rear well

Run the Vacuum Tube though the hole

Run the Vacuum tubes through existing frame locations

After dropping the rear sway bar, snake the NPP mufflers up and over

Attach the pipes to the mufflers

Connect the vacuum hoses to the NPP mufflers

Make sure your muffler pipes are straight and level

Muffler hardware done and vacuum tubing run

Connect power cable to the Seat Heater Fuse

And of course, a quick hit with our Polishing kit

That's all there is to it.....All that's left is to go out there and have a blast with your new found customized sound.

Quick Reply: $10 OFF - Add NPP (bi-mode) exhaust to any C6 with "NPP in a Box"