C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check this out!! what i sold my vette to get (video)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 05:32 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Check this out!! what i sold my vette to get (video)

so yes i sold my vette, i was bored with it and ready to start the next project. my plan is keep this for about 3 yrs then pick up a '15 C7 Z51 (so if you get one take care of it for me)

3 months ago i picked up a new '14 cadillac ATS 2.0 turbo RWD. right away i started modding it to fit my taste.

Huge thanks to Justin Focus Imaging for the amazing pics and video.

tell me what you guys think about the video.

Attached Images   

Last edited by smurfkiller; 10-24-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Wakemaker89
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta say the wheels aren't doing anything for me but overall that is a great looking ride! Bet it feels unbelievably slow compared to what you had done in your vette though
Old 10-15-2014, 06:37 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Wakemaker89
Gotta say the wheels aren't doing anything for me but overall that is a great looking ride! Bet it feels unbelievably slow compared to what you had done in your vette though
it did sat first, it dyno'ed at almost exactly half what the vette did. but now that i have tuned it. upgraded turbo, fabricated a intake and charge pipes and also installed catless downpipe its ton of fun to drive still a lil slower than the vette but front mount intercooler and e85 & should be close to what the vette made at the rear wheels. good thing is the cadi is only 300lbs heavier than the vette.

worst thing is i miss the v8 cammed sound, other than that im very happy.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:31 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

The video work is awesome.

The car, well, I hope you like it. Does it come with hidden compartments to hide your stuff from the police too?
Old 10-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

that is a very sharp looking car. I think you absolutely nailed it with the stance and the wheel/tire selection.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:36 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

This..is a CADILLAC...
Old 10-15-2014, 09:03 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

nice car...nice video.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:40 PM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 405 Likes on 290 Posts

Video came out awesome!!! The Cadillac is just not my style
Old 10-15-2014, 09:49 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice video and car...I would have went with a solid matte black color for the wheels and no rivets but that's just my taste...good job

Last edited by C6ROLLER; 10-15-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:14 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Good looking car but it's not a Corvette. I'm keeping mine.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:42 PM
MaxGs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....Nice pride of ownership pics. I can think of at least six two door four seat coupes I would buy before the Caddy,

Last edited by MaxGs; 10-15-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:26 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MaxGs
....Nice pride of ownership pics. I can think of at least six two door four seat coupes I would buy before the Caddy,
its a major pain in the a$$ tryign to get a 3 & 5yr old in and out of back seat with a 2 door.

i have been talking with ZZPerformance they have developed a line of products far surpassing what pfadt was doing with these cars. expect mine to be close to 600hp soon.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:40 PM
MaxGs
Advanced

Originally Posted by smurfkiller
its a major pain in the a$$ tryign to get a 3 & 5yr old in and out of back seat with a 2 door.

i have been talking with ZZPerformance they have developed a line of products far surpassing what pfadt was doing with these cars. expect mine to be close to 600hp soon.
Wow 600 HP ......Good luck with it. I am not so much a GM guy. I like their Vette. For luxury four door, I prefer the Infinti and Lexus..HOWEVER I am not performance oriented in that world.

If GM had a separate dealership for Corvettes and Cadillac they might be better in their service department. They handle too many brands and cannot afford to deliver the service experience of the Infiniti and Lexus. I am not much of a German car type ether.

But dollar for dollar like the Corvette if you are looking for a high performance sedan the Caddy is hard to beat. GM can make affordable cars that can compete with a lot more premium brands in performance

Best of luck with it.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:05 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Wow 600 HP ......Good luck with it. I am not so much a GM guy. I like their Vette. For luxury four door, I prefer the Infinti and Lexus..HOWEVER I am not performance oriented in that world.

If GM had a separate dealership for Corvettes and Cadillac they might be better in their service department. They handle too many brands and cannot afford to deliver the service experience of the Infiniti and Lexus. I am not much of a German car type ether.

But dollar for dollar like the Corvette if you are looking for a high performance sedan the Caddy is hard to beat. GM can make affordable cars that can compete with a lot more premium brands in performance

Best of luck with it.

they do have completely seperte dealers and service departments. cadillac actually just got seperated from Gm to become its on company (like what dodge did with ram & viper) cadillac is trying to keep up with germans. when i need a oil change they coem pick up the car leave me a loaner (same or nicer then mine) the wash the car and return it when service is complete no charge.

im not one to ever get a boring car. i really liked the idea of 4 doors and only 300lbs heavier than a vette yet i can mod it to have vette level or above power. pfadt was doing some really cool stuff with these , thats what turned me on to the platform. i went and test drove one came home and immediately put the vette up for sale.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:15 PM
MaxGs
Advanced

Originally Posted by smurfkiller
they do have completely seperte dealers and service departments. cadillac actually just got seperated from Gm to become its on company (like what dodge did with ram & viper) cadillac is trying to keep up with germans. when i need a oil change they coem pick up the car leave me a loaner (same or nicer then mine) the wash the car and return it when service is complete no charge.

im not one to ever get a boring car. i really liked the idea of 4 doors and only 300lbs heavier than a vette yet i can mod it to have vette level or above power. pfadt was doing some really cool stuff with these , thats what turned me on to the platform. i went and test drove one came home and immediately put the vette up for sale.
Great that you have a separate dealership for the premium cars. Here they sell work trucks Sparks with Caddys and Vettes, It was a mess when I needed service. But I found a small town dealer who had a few C6s in the bay who was $26 an hour less than the two major Chevy Caddy dealers.

I learned something new everyday. I never saw the Caddy as a performance car but it sure can compete with the AMGs of the world. Good on GM not to make the Cadillac another glorified Buick.

Best of Luck with the car. Enjoy.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

smurf, it is a good looking car. Keep us updated.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:49 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Great that you have a separate dealership for the premium cars. Here they sell work trucks Sparks with Caddys and Vettes, It was a mess when I needed service. But I found a small town dealer who had a few C6s in the bay who was $26 an hour less than the two major Chevy Caddy dealers.

I learned something new everyday. I never saw the Caddy as a performance car but it sure can compete with the AMGs of the world. Good on GM not to make the Cadillac another glorified Buick.

Best of Luck with the car. Enjoy.
oh yeah well i guess i am in houston. we have 4 or 5 independant cadillac only dealerships around town.

the ATS was designed and built to take on the M3 & ISF its certainly geared towards performance. The Cadillac race team is actually going to stop using the CTS-V and use a ATS as their road race platform.

Get notified of new replies

To Check this out!! what i sold my vette to get (video)

Old 10-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Bill Daughterive
Intermediate

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
This..is a CADILLAC...
You're damn right!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:39 PM
tbtx14
Intermediate

Nice video!

Can you share where some of those graffiti locations are in Houston??
Old 10-16-2014, 10:23 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tbtx14
Nice video!

Can you share where some of those graffiti locations are in Houston??
the old meridian downtown across highway from george r brown. all the graffitii is that building just diff sides of it.

Quick Reply: Check this out!! what i sold my vette to get (video)