C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-03-2015, 12:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels
Print Wikipost

Free tire repair at Discount Tire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:55 PM
ddelallata
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Free tire repair at Discount Tire?

Took my 2010 GS to Discount Tire today after I noticed that one of my rear tires had a nail in it. To my surprise, the repair was done free of charge. The technician simply said " thanks for bringing your car to us instead of someone else". The guy was really professional too and knew how to use the jacking puck, was able to take off and install the 325/30 r19 tire without any help, and used a torque wrench too.
WOW! I am really impressed.
Do you guys think I should go back and give him a tip?

Discount Tire sure has a repeat customer in me.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

I've used them several times. For anyone that doesn't like to check their air pressure and fill them, they have a free bay devoted to that
Old 04-13-2011, 08:05 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by ddelallata
Took my 2010 GS to Discount Tire today after I noticed that one of my rear tires had a nail in it. To my surprise, the repair was done free of charge. The technician simply said " thanks for bringing your car to us instead of someone else". The guy was really professional too and knew how to use the jacking puck, was able to take off and install the 325/30 r19 tire without any help, and used a torque wrench too.

My local Discount Tire is great with me. They'll fix any of my flats. Of course they get my business when I get a new set of tires.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:06 PM
rchbn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes great company to deal with and will deal with them for years to come because of the great service, and they know how to lift a Vette.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:10 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

They've been great with my cars and I have tipped them for some things, like what they did for you. They certainly don't expect it but appreciate it and IMO it builds good will both ways if you expect to use them in the future.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Hahabye
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Have always bought my tires at Discount and always will. Great prices and great service!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 PM
S2K
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They have always repaired tires for free regardless of where you bought them. Most others want anywhere from $15-25 or more for the same service (each nail). Discount is great.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 PM
nrsnik
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have dealt with Discount Tire for many years. I always pleased with the service I receive and the price.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Lubrecon
Instructor

Bought many sets from them and no matter where you are, they will treat you right. Going to buy two sets in the near future. They will negotiate they tire price with you also....great company.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:36 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Discount Tire is awesome...period.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Chief07
Intermediate

I just had 4 Michliens A/S plus ZPs installed last week at Discount Tire,

The store manager did it personally, not a mark on a wheel, balanced them to perfect. Gave him a big tip and he bought pizza that friday for the shop.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I buy tires for 5 vehicles through Discount Tire. They meet and generally beat tirerack pricing. They've offered to get me tires they typically don't even sell. I bring them my track wheels to mount new rubber (tires bought elsewhere) every couple of months. They've mounted my track tires so many times without charge I almost feel guilty going there (I tip the kid doing the work but still). When they do charge me to mount new tires its a ridiculously low price. One of the guys I know that works there said the founder/primary owner of the company really stresses customer service. Goodwill gestures like this make for satisfied, lifelong customers.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:52 PM
DAS ZED
Burning Brakes

I've had great luck at Discount also. I took my C5 Z06 there when I had a slow leak in one tire and they did the same thing for me.

Great Service.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:08 PM
9C1
Pro

I am not sure you guys out West have the same Discount Tire Company we have in the Midwest. I just had my local Discount Tire mount and balance two used run-flats I bought elsewhere. No complaints so far, but I have not run them up to speed yet. They did charge me $40/per tire to remove the old tires and mount. No complaint there either. They did a fine job, with no wheel damage I could find. I checked the tire pressure sensors OK. They didn't hide the new weights behind the spokes, but they don't have the latest Hunter machine so I am not sure their machine has that capability or if that was operator error.

I am not a regular customer of Discount Tire. This is my second experience with them. They balanced two tires for me earlier. Maybe I am not a good enough customer to get the free dismount/mount deal, or maybe it isn't available here. I am driving distance from Tire Rack in South Bend and so far they have most all my tire business. Those guys (Tire Rack) really know what they are doing.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Dicks 2 Vettes
Instructor

Picked up a nail on a rear 2010 Grand Sport tire last week in Naples, Fl. The car is ten months old and has 6,500 miles. Took it to Goodyear, deemed unrepairable, and they replaced the tire, mounting and balancing free of charge. Was impressed with with the way I was treated and their professionalism.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Top_Fuel
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 9C1
...They did a fine job, with no wheel damage I could find...
That's good to know because I'm switching wheels soon and am scared to death that some tire changer is going to botch the install and scratch my wheels.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:52 PM
richie15
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ddelallata

I tip everybody who's going to do any kind of work for me beforehand (cars or house).It usually pays off with a better job and extra care.

Get notified of new replies

To Free tire repair at Discount Tire?

Old 04-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Grateful
Instructor

Just wished Discount Tire would open up locations here in the NE. Used them all the time when I was Texas.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Silver99v6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use them all the time. It will be hard to find a company with better customer service.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 PM
NeoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait a second, the tech did that for you and you didn't tip him on the spot?

Come on man, that's wrong...

Quick Reply: Free tire repair at Discount Tire?