Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
forg0tmypen
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to forg0tmypen
Default Drivers side heated seat not working at all.

I recently had my seats reupholstered to the 3lz dark titanium pattern on my 06 Z06. I now have found that the drivers side heated seat does not function at all. Now lets get the Florida jokes out of the way here: ...................... Back on topic: I have searched, and I checked in the fuse box by the passenger foot well, I pulled all 3 fuses, the 1 relay and the separate passenger and driver fuses in the box off to the right of the main fuses, and I found that everything appeared to be in fine condition, nothing blown. The passenger heated seat is working great. When I press the button for the driver side, nothing happens, the lights do not even attempt to come on. Ive also checked under the seat, Ive unplugged and replugged in all the wiring harnesses and still nothing. I know it was working fine before the seats were redone...any thoughts?? Has anyone experience this issue? Thanks.

EDIT: Ive also tried pushing the button on the drivers side once or twice and felt the seat but it did not appear to warm up. I don't know what reupholstering a seat would break the heater component....frustrating.

EDIT 2: Upon further inspection, it appears the the drivers side and passenger side heated seat fuses are the green 20A kind and the illustration shows there should be only a 15A blue fuse there, don't know if that matters...like I said it was all working before, now its not.

Last edited by forg0tmypen; 05-15-2011 at 12:02 PM.
forg0tmypen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
JJC5
CF Senior Member

I had the exact same problem with mine. It turned out to be a wire rubbing on part of the seat frame, underneath. It rubbed the insulation off the wire and shorted out.
JJC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
forg0tmypen
CF Senior Member

I looked under my seat, all wires look fine, I do have a wiring harness not plugged in underneath, I had the seat out of the car last week and could not find where it went....it's white and square shaped.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
crusher1
CF Senior Member

My passenger side did that after the dealership changed my sticking door on the ashtray...Before I bought the car the previous owner went to the dealeship to fix the door for me....About a month later I pushed the button and nothing. So I checked the pushbutton on the console and low and behold the connector in back was disconnected. Those clowns at the dealership must have done it ....Connect it back up and bingo she works like a charm.
crusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
StanNH
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forg0tmypen View Post
I looked under my seat, all wires look fine, I do have a wiring harness not plugged in underneath, I had the seat out of the car last week and could not find where it went....it's white and square shaped.
My bet would be the wiring harness. My seat heater stopped working a few years ago on my 2005 and that's exactly what it was.

2009 C6 3LT vert, 6 speed manual, F55, polished wheels, NPP, Cyber Gray with red interior. Z51 sway bars, Pipe Dreams splash guards, and Top Flight front license plate bracket. SOLD

Gone but not forgotten: 2005 silver coupe with red interior, 1SB, MN6, Z51, Corsa Sports.
StanNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
forg0tmypen
CF Senior Member

Like I said I looked under the seat but I'll be damned if there wasn't a spot to plug it into...what's the heated seat harness look like anyways?
Old 05-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
Garret
CF Senior Member
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Take it back to where you had the seats done...why the heck should you try to figure it out if they broke it.
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
forg0tmypen
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
Take it back to where you had the seats done...why the heck should you try to figure it out if they broke it.
I'll look into this today. It's a little more complicated than you think, but I'll explore this option.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #9
JJC5
CF Senior Member

There is a flat, white Molex plug that needs to be plugged in under the seat. That's the seat heater wiring.
JJC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
Chevy Cust Svc
CF Senior Member

I would agree with taking it to who did the work on your vehicle. It would seem to me that they missed something when putting the seat back in.

Good luck with your repairs,

Brent
GM Customer Service
Chevy Cust Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page Drivers side heated seat not working at all.