C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenwood SAT Nav unit and OnStart reboots

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Davelt1coupe2010
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood SAT Nav unit and OnStart reboots

Hey everyone,

I have 2010 1lt coupe and recently had a kenwood 9980HD SAT NAV unit installed. I noticed last week when I call OnSTAR (press the phone button) my iPOD mutes as one would expect but then the kenwood unit reboots when the OnSTAR session ends.

I talked to the place which installs the unit and they say this is because there is NOT relay in the car but communication is with the BCM.

For those which have this unit or any of the kenwoods..do you have this problem?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

Check with forum vendor Dennis (c5 BearsFan). He is the most knowledgeable audio expert I have found on the forum, and sells the unit as well as the proper adapters and wiring to make it work with OnStar. He's an awesome guy and will help you even though you didnt buy from him.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:05 AM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Most likely the installer probably forgot to cut the brown mute wire (assuming that you are using the PAC OS2-C interface). I had this same issue when my Kenwood DNX 6960 was installed a few months ago. Instead of muting as it should, the radio would shut down whenever OnStar was engaged, and then reboot at the end of the call. Cutting the brown mute wire on the PAC OS2-C solved the problem.

Nevertheless, I would check with Dennis at Double D Mods (C5 BearsFan here on the forum). He will have the answer for you.

Last edited by vetteright; 05-17-2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Added interface information.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Davelt1coupe2010
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteright
Most likely the installer probably forgot to cut the brown mute wire (assuming that you are using the PAC OS2-C interface). I had this same issue when my Kenwood DNX 6960 was installed a few months ago. Instead of muting as it should, the radio would shut down whenever OnStar was engaged, and then reboot at the end of the call. Cutting the brown mute wire on the PAC OS2-C solved the problem.

Nevertheless, I would check with Dennis at Double D Mods (C5 BearsFan here on the forum). He will have the answer for you.

Thanks for the info...will also check with C5BearsFan. One other question for you...When your iPOD is playing and the Nav provides you with directions does the iPOD pause? Mine mutes but keeps playing (can see the minutes played keep scrolling)...seems to me it should pause.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:53 AM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Davelt1coupe2010
Thanks for the info...will also check with C5BearsFan. One other question for you...When your iPOD is playing and the Nav provides you with directions does the iPOD pause? Mine mutes but keeps playing (can see the minutes played keep scrolling)...seems to me it should pause.
Sorry, can't help you with that. I have an iPod connection, which the installer set up in my center console storage compartment, but I have never used it. Usually just listen to the sat (Sirius) radio stations. Dennis will be able to answer that for you, though.

Get notified of new replies

To Kenwood SAT Nav unit and OnStart reboots

Quick Reply: Kenwood SAT Nav unit and OnStart reboots