C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DMH Electric Cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:52 AM
4EVER18
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DMH Electric Cutouts

I'm thinking about buying a pair of DMH Electric Cutouts and would appreciate any input from those of you who may have installed them on your C6. I have a 2008 with a manual trans.

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 AM
cdngolfer
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Good question. I am considering them too. I wanted to know if they sound better than perhaps a hole in an exhaust pipe.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:05 PM
jmac2009
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. I'm planning to go a local shop here in Dallas this weekend to disucss. I have a auto which is more difficult because of the lack of space compared to manual trans. but they say it can be done.

I want more sound but if droon is a problem then I can control it when on the highway
Old 05-26-2011, 05:28 PM
rz2mbc
Burning Brakes

Default spell check

Originally Posted by jmac2009
Same here. I'm planning to go a local shop here in Dallas this weekend to disucss. I have a auto which is more difficult because of the lack of space compared to manual trans. but they say it can be done.

I want more sound but if droon is a problem then I can control it when on the highway

dam cmptor keeps mespeling wurds

Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 PM
jmac2009
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rz2mbc
dam cmptor keeps mespeling wurds

always nice to have "value add" to threads.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:12 PM
freeflyin180
1st Gear

Default DMH cutouts on 2008 auto

Does anyone have experience with an install of these on an 08' automatic? Any tips, tricks, or advice? Thanks
Old 07-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I love my QTP cutouts.

Originally Posted by Joe_G

Here's some info from my thread of 4 years ago. Dyno sheets over in the thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-on-my-c6.html

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Had QTP cutouts installed by Florida Performance in Fort Lauderdale. Overall very pleased with the job Rob, the shop owner, did. This was his first C6 and he found a great place to put them and made the custom mandrel bent Y-pipes to maximize flow from the cutouts. We found no way to put them right after the collectors but they fit well by the trans. I have the DTE brace too but it wasn't in the way.

Installed the wiring myself along the drivers side rocker panel, behind seat then out the wheel well under the carpet. Removed the rear inner fender and drilled a small hole in the wheel well then ran the wire down to the cutouts. Hardest part is finding a hot wire when the ignition is on on these C6's. I ended up tapping the seat heater fuse as others here have done.

They are loud and DEEP when open at idle. I've actually heard louder exhaust though, I was kind of surprised they are not louder. I think it is because of the turn downs and the fact that I have cats and the pipes are pretty long before the cutouts. On the track they have a nice race car sound - I'd say like Borla Stingers plus 25%. When you open them at a stoplight you will turn heads, that's for sure.

I did not see any track gain with them so far - but we had an unusually cold day at the track Saturday (negative 230 DA and 53 degrees and 70% humidity) and I could not get any grip at the line, spinning every time.

I did notice on my HP Tuners logs at the strip I was running lean so I added some fuel, but I can't say if that was because the cutouts or the cold weather but I will find out soon. We don't stay cool long.

Overall happy with the mod, it gives me quiet during my morning drive but loud when I'm at the track which is what I wanted.

Here is a video of idle with cutouts open and closed. The gain on the mike makes the closed sound much louder than it is, it's really quiet with factory mufflers even with my cam.

Here are some pics:

Last edited by Joe_G; 07-10-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To DMH Electric Cutouts

Quick Reply: DMH Electric Cutouts