C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer problems,BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 07:25 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Dealer problems,BEWARE

Guys, you're not going to believe this one. I have been having problems with my check engine light coming on. I took it first to the dealer who I thought was doing an excellent job, Allen Gwynn in Glendale, Calif. NOT the case, The service tech. was RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING. So I left & went to another dealer. The new dealer, Santa Paula Chevrolet, informed me that the catalytic converter was destroyed and the CO2 was also ruined. Allen Gwynn messed up the the cat. and co2 sensor. I called and complained to GMC. They are pursuing it further. Beware of this dealer.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Need more info...how did the first dealer mess up the cc and sensor?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:38 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NDMIKE88
Need more info...how did the first dealer mess up the cc and sensor?
They cross threaded the O2 into the cc to the point it could not be removed. So both the cc and the sensor were ruined.

Last edited by stillcrazy; 08-16-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:28 PM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

oh, your wrong.... yes i DO believe you! i assume all techs can make mistakes.
but what i cant expect (ever) is the.. RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING treatment at your dealership service department you bought the car from.
but that "RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING " also was my exact case with 2 small leaks in two seperate coolant lines. i emailed the svc dept resolution person and 3 days later called them. where upon he started YELLING loudly over the phone and actually THREATENED me.

So , yes, bad things happen.
So , yes, RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING does happen

No, we shouldnt put up with it, but since dealerships are privately owned, they can do what they please, as they please, whenever they please.

added..
you still have 5 steps to inform responsible folks concerning the "RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING"
1) dealerships have a svc dept problem resolution contact person (email & later phone)
2) #1 has a boss (phone)
3) GM does send email asking about the service you recieved
4) you have a salesman
5) you will (i did) get an actual phone call from a real person that read your response to #3

in each of the 5 above, calmly and acurately explain the "RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING" part. expect nothing but it sure cant hurt. (i also have went to a different dealership now)

Last edited by ChevyDave; 08-16-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: added 5 steps
Old 08-16-2012, 10:37 PM
diyguy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Most folks wont bust out with a rude, crude and condescending plethora of words, unless provoked. - ya think?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:35 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ChevyDave
oh, your wrong.... yes i DO believe you! i assume all techs can make mistakes.
but what i cant expect (ever) is the.. RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING treatment at your dealership service department you bought the car from.
but that "RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING " also was my exact case with 2 small leaks in two seperate coolant lines. i emailed the svc dept resolution person and 3 days later called them. where upon he started YELLING loudly over the phone and actually THREATENED me.

So , yes, bad things happen.
So , yes, RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING does happen

No, we shouldnt put up with it, but since dealerships are privately owned, they can do what they please, as they please, whenever they please.

added..
you still have 5 steps to inform responsible folks concerning the "RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING"
1) dealerships have a svc dept problem resolution contact person (email & later phone)
2) #1 has a boss (phone)
3) GM does send email asking about the service you recieved
4) you have a salesman
5) you will (i did) get an actual phone call from a real person that read your response to #3

in each of the 5 above, calmly and acurately explain the "RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING" part. expect nothing but it sure cant hurt. (i also have went to a different dealership now)
I have already taken steps in this case. I called GM and files a formal complaint. I have a case number, and was reasurred there would be an investigation.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:45 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by stillcrazy
Guys, you're not going to believe this one. I have been having problems with my check engine light coming on. I took it first to the dealer who I thought was doing an excellent job, Allen Gwynn in Glendale, Calif. NOT the case, The service tech. was RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING. So I left & went to another dealer. The new dealer, Santa Paula Chevrolet, informed me that the catalytic converter was destroyed and the CO2 was also ruined. Allen Gwynn messed up the the cat. and co2 sensor. I called and complained to GMC. They are pursuing it further. Beware of this dealer.
Service Techs??They still have those around? I thought they were gone and went away like carbs, points, and condensor. These are the people that write up your order quickly tell you they will need the car all day then they move onto next person in need of repairs. They also tell you it's fixed and take your $$$$ first then expect you to drive away without any questions or to check out the work.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:19 AM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by diyguy
Most folks wont bust out with a rude, crude and condescending plethora of words, unless provoked. - ya think?
yes i agree... most folks wont, but it does happen and is NO excuse when it does happen and were not provoked.

so, i'm not sure your point. but let me explain in no uncertain words so there is NO confusion about my case i wrote about above...

my wife and i were both shocked, confused, embaressed and horrified at the treatment at our dealership when we were told...

NO we are not going to fix your car. NO we dont care if you would agree to pay for the repairs. TAKE your car , go away and dont come back. NO we will not write on your service ticket that we refused and NO we will not write why we refused service. The 2 techs and 1 svc dept person sat in the 3 only chairs while we stood in his doorway, received us with 'what to do want?' and never stood, never said my name nor were polite at any point.

so if your saying my wife and i provoked 'rude, crude and condescending' your wrong. if your saying OP provoked, your only guessing and just shouldnt assume.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:25 AM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Something smells wrong in Denmark. If the first dealer performed repairs at what point did they become " RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING " ?

There is no C02 sensor and why would you call GMC?

I think there is more to this then we are being told. It looks like you are pitting one dealer against another, which becomes a he said/she siad story. As for GM doing anything, good luck.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:57 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,105 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyDave
yes i agree... most folks wont, but it does happen and is NO excuse when it does happen and were not provoked.
Sometimes even good folks can just have a really bad day and make the mistake of taking it out on others. Shouldn't happen but it does when emotions aren't kept in check.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:46 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Yes, dealerhsips are privately owned but they still have to answer to GM if they want cars or money back for work they perform under a "warranty" claim.

I called GM on a local dealership who was exactly as the OP states. The messed up my alignment so bad the car wouldnt stay on the road if you let go of the steering wheel for more than a nanosecond.

GM hooked me up with another dealership to work on my car who also said that they get a lot of people coming in from this other dealer because of the shoddy work and the manner in which they were treated.

The other dealership was called and at some point a few weeks later the service manager was gone.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Herrick
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you drive down Brand Ave. where all of the car dealerships are located you'll notice that it's a grave yard. I've never done business in Glendale because I've heard that the dealers in that area are mostly scummy. I have no proof to back this up but I've heard bad things about Glendale car dealerships over the years. Your story doesn't surprise me based on word of mouth. I've only taken my car to 2 places for work and I've been happy with both. You may want to try West Coast Corvettes or Selman Chevrolet in the City Of Orange. WCC has a great reputation and Selman is an authorized Callaway Dealer. Just my opinion.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by glenB
Something smells wrong in Denmark. If the first dealer performed repairs at what point did they become " RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING " ?

There is no C02 sensor and why would you call GMC?

I think there is more to this then we are being told. It looks like you are pitting one dealer against another, which becomes a he said/she siad story. As for GM doing anything, good luck.
NO your right, but there is an o2 sensor. The repair was done first then when we returned because of the check engine light we got the behavorial problems. As to calling GM you bet your a// I would,first improper repair resulting in damaged to my ZO6, second attitudes toward people in general. ARE YOU KIDDING.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:52 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Herrick
If you drive down Brand Ave. where all of the car dealerships are located you'll notice that it's a grave yard. I've never done business in Glendale because I've heard that the dealers in that area are mostly scummy. I have no proof to back this up but I've heard bad things about Glendale car dealerships over the years. Your story doesn't surprise me based on word of mouth. I've only taken my car to 2 places for work and I've been happy with both. You may want to try West Coast Corvettes or Selman Chevrolet in the City Of Orange. WCC has a great reputation and Selman is an authorized Callaway Dealer. Just my opinion.
Thanks for heads up. I took it to Santa Paula chevrolet and they treated me with respect took care of me and my car, and even drove me home which was fifty miles from their dealership. These people will get my money and I will support them in any way I can.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:44 PM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that this dealer is a dog.

I was a lot rat at Allen Gwynn when I was a kid.

Actually had a lot of fun on that job.

I had 6 bosses and 5 of them were very cool. I could borrow the company pick up truck to haul my dirt bikes on the weekends.

We would also do Canonball car deliveries to different lease companys.

This was back during the C3 era when the Vettes had no power. We could out drag the auto C3 with our company truck that had the small block 350 and 3 on the tree. Granted the C3 wasnt broken in yet so it would wheez pretty bad hehe.

We also had 3 cars stolen right in our face after they were unloaded off the truck. Thieves were busted 6 months later at a chop shop.
Each time another car was stolen the insurance went up $ 1000.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:57 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stillcrazy
UPDATE
I got A very nice call from the service manager of Allen Gwynn. Expressing his sadness over the events. he also informed me that the repairman in question does not work there anymore and the service tec. will be repremanded for his conduct.
Only fair to print this as I used the forum to call them out.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer problems,BEWARE

Quick Reply: Dealer problems,BEWARE