C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Women....

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 01:43 AM
PGSwag
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleAstyle123
Uhhh ohhh! Now we even have women pointing out the fact that an auto doesn't compare to a manual transmission!!!
Yeah...... My 08' Vert is automatic and I love it, however, the next one will have a short throw shifter and a nice stiff clutch.... just for giggles....

Smooches PGSwag
Old 07-19-2011, 09:05 AM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Jimmy Z
Ladies I'm glad to read you are communicating. You are right Don't post any pictures, the guys have not. Why, because what do you think they look like! Well, some of them..........?

Please keep sharing your forum and if you don't mind I will just read a bit. So with that being said don't expect me to bust your forum again.

Enjoy...........
I never mind anyone's constructive input. I want to learn and the only way to do that is read other's comments, ideas, etc. and ask questions.

I would say by all means, comment, but be ready for us to bust your chops if you give us any grief.

On the pic thing? Yeah - where are all the guy pics?
Old 07-19-2011, 12:53 PM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by ladder13
Heck with the cars, how about some pics

Old 07-19-2011, 08:37 PM
humvet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 07-19-2011, 09:55 PM
toomanydogshere
Advanced

Hi from another Texas female Corvette owner. I hung out with the boys while they worked on their cars way before I was old enough to be there, fell in lust with a 68' Corvette that sat at a local dealership, learned how to ride and wrench on a 78' shovelhead Harley Davidson, owned a worn out orange 78' Corvette in the 80's and wrecked it, gave up the motorcycles for a new LS1 Z28 Camaro 6 speed (still have it as my daily driver and it still runs very, very well), got weary of worrying about old age, insurance exclusions, mergers and the state of the economy so I cashed in a 401K and bought a 05' Corvette coupe 6 speed in April and love it. There has been a lot of rigid frame bikes, fast cars and good men over the years. My motto is Revlon or Snap on, it's the same addiction for some of us gals. Oh, and the ladies read more posts on this forum than you guys think we do .
Old 07-19-2011, 10:07 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Don't mean to hyjack your thread but I wish my wife of 26 years was a car babe period. If so, I'd like to think she'd have a Vette Vert. beside my Z in the garage as her driver. Best of both worlds. She can't tell the visual difference between my C5 and my C6Z. She does FEEL the difference though. BTW I'm working on my #1 granddaughter

Last edited by QUAKEJAKE; 07-19-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:49 PM
cwing85b
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by FeveredDreams
I fell in love with a 69 midnight blue convertible when I was 13, since then Corvettes have always been my 1st love when it comes to cars. I just plain love driving my vette and enjoy putting the top down as long as it's not raining or snowing (I just crank up the heater on really cold days). Been known to cruise up to Cheyenne for lunch......no, not particularly for the food, just to hit some nice open highway!

The guys on the forum have always been really nice and the knowledge that is shared is amazing.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 PM
TSLAVette
Drifting

Received 292 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Hello all, I don't think I have ever posted before on the forum, too busy running our business so my husband Mr. firefighter Racer can do all the playing on the forum. He tells me he is the most liked guy on here. I DOUBT THAT!! When not working I am playing soccer and Volleyball. Mr. Racer made the mistake of buying me a 1974 Corvette back in 1982 right after we got married, HOOKED forever.

I am lucky Tony (Racer) loves Vettes and as soon as I got mine I sit back and new exactly what would happen, he would mod it and mod it and mod it some more, with his money, haha!

I drive my Vert everyday during spring, summer and fall, except when it needs washing or fuel, then I park it on the driveway and tell Tony and he does it...yes spoiled.

Anyways, I love my Vert, it is my baby! Time to go out for supper, but we are taking Papa Bear (as Tony calls it, mine is mama bear, he is so childish sometimes!!)

Bye for now,

Debbie

Oh, and I hate his avatars, but it is better than him playing with the real thing or should I say things, MEN!! LOL
Debbie,

You are a SAINT!!!
He told us his avatars were all shots of you???!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:57 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by toomanydogshere
Hi from another Texas female Corvette owner. I hung out with the boys while they worked on their cars way before I was old enough to be there, fell in lust with a 68' Corvette that sat at a local dealership, learned how to ride and wrench on a 78' shovelhead Harley Davidson, owned a worn out orange 78' Corvette in the 80's and wrecked it, gave up the motorcycles for a new LS1 Z28 Camaro 6 speed (still have it as my daily driver and it still runs very, very well), got weary of worrying about old age, insurance exclusions, mergers and the state of the economy so I cashed in a 401K and bought a 05' Corvette coupe 6 speed in April and love it. There has been a lot of rigid frame bikes, fast cars and good men over the years. My motto is Revlon or Snap on, it's the same addiction for some of us gals. Oh, and the ladies read more posts on this forum than you guys think we do .
Another Texas lady with a vette. We're takin' over!!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:45 AM
quantum-theory
Burning Brakes

I owe it all to my sweetie. I had a hot rod 70 Chevelle.

She thought it was a nice car, but still considered it a grocery getter. She said I'm really a Corvette guy. I owned a 58 back in 63. If only I had that car now. I listened to her as I often do and sold the Chevelle and got an 87 Vette. Sold that one a couple of years ago for the 06. She was and is a part-time driver of both. Sometimes they do know what is best.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:11 AM
vettd
7th Gear

I'm glad I found this thread... now I can tell my husband that I'm NOT the only chick who digs her vette! Every time he gets in, I have to tell him to watch the fingerprints, dude!
I like to call my car my midlife crisis.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:03 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by vettd
I'm glad I found this thread... now I can tell my husband that I'm NOT the only chick who digs her vette! Every time he gets in, I have to tell him to watch the fingerprints, dude!
I like to call my car my midlife crisis.
glad to hear from another lady out there. Your husband need to talk to mine. I am always wiping away any fingerprints inside or out. you should see my face when he is parking it. (you would think I paid for it) I love my little car.
Welcome to the forum and I hope to see more post from you!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:07 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Whatever
glad to hear from another lady out there. Your husband need to talk to mine. I am always wiping away any fingerprints inside or out. you should see my face when he is parking it. (you would think I paid for it) I love my little car.
Welcome to the forum and I hope to see more post from you!
Guess I'm the really lucky one here! My husband is a Corvette guy so there's no issues with either of us with either of the Vettes!

Elaine
Old 07-23-2011, 06:36 PM
vettd
7th Gear

I've had it more than a year and he still hasn't driven it (and now... I'm pretty sure I won't let him!). He says he's not a car guy, but I think he gets a kick out of the fact that I am!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:47 PM
karintyra1
Advanced

I too am glad to have found this thread. I now own my 2nd Vette...I got my first one when I was 21 (a 74 brown/saddle automatic) ... and kept it for 5 years (the car seat for the new baby wouldn't fit ... )

I waited 27 years to get my current Vette (05 black/black coupe) ...

I love everything about Vettes... (my dad had a red 63 ... as well as other various muscle cars...70 Chevelle, 69 Chevelles, etc. . . . ) so I grew up with fast/muscle cars.... (I have been called a "gear head" more than once...)

I for one hope to own one from here on out ... love driving it and it is just a great "escape" for me ...

(No one but me and my son has driven my car... "had" a BF .... he is gone... and no I didn't ever let him drive it ...) but the VETTE remains!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:07 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by karintyra1
I waited 27 years to get my current Vette (05 black/black coupe) ...

I love everything about Vettes...
Way to go Karin. I love that women are finally posting up. Congrats on the '05!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:47 AM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by vettd
I've had it more than a year and he still hasn't driven it (and now... I'm pretty sure I won't let him!). He says he's not a car guy, but I think he gets a kick out of the fact that I am!
Originally Posted by GS Diva
Guess I'm the really lucky one here! My husband is a Corvette guy so there's no issues with either of us with either of the Vettes!

Elaine
My husband is a car guy too but he does think I am extreme at times. He had a 98 C5 a few years ago but sold it. I only have my vette now because he bought it for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Women....

Old 07-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Red2
Intermediate

St. Jude Donor '11

Here goes from yet another Texas female vette owner. I came into all this within the last 2 years when my husband bought 03 Z06 and then thought we could both enjoy this "fever" and got me an 03 anniversary red vert. I never knew I could love a car so much. It really is a fever because we now have his, mine and ours. We recently got a 2011 GS Inferno orange that is more car than I could ever imagine. I drove Orange to a friends birthday party yesterday and was overjoyed with the driving experience. Red is automatic and cruises around nicely but the Orange is manual and the smoothest shifting I've ever driven. And fast.
I enjoy reading the Forum when I can but finding the time is sometimes tough. I do laugh out loud at some of the dialogue on here. Mostly I learn a lot though.
I love the wave tradition too.
Joni
Old 07-24-2011, 12:07 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Hmmm--I'm concerned that there's no one left in TX baking cookies anymore.

Just kidding ladies. I enjoyed all your posts--keep them coming.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:04 PM
kennasdad
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I can not recall seeing one female driving a vette around me. See alot in the passenger seat but no drivers.

Quick Reply: Corvette Women....