C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Women....

Old 07-17-2011, 02:49 PM
LTVN68
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Didn't I read this somewhere.......

Proposed Corvette Forum rules:
Rule 2011.07.12:
All women posting on this forum shall post a picture of themselves with their vette. All pictures shall be at least somewhat tasteful and designed to not raise the blood pressure of male forum members by more than 40 points.
Any male forum member complaining about pictures that do raise his blood pressure shall be expelled from the forum.

You know, there is just something really special about women who love fast cars, especially Corvettes!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:49 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,365 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by divvichild
I'm surprised this thread went 17 posts before that showed up!
Me too!

But someone had to do it
Old 07-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts
Tech Contributor

BRING ON THE GIRLS! I seldom see ladies posting much or contributing, though they do occasionally, but I know they are out there, as I see gals driving vettes all over the place. I think they are simply beyond the blog-post scenario, and are fine with that. I vote that a "Ladies" section be installed here, so they feel rightly empowered and can relate with other gals more directly. Who's with me? Personally I would always prefer a lady in a vette after all.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:26 PM
itshervette
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I went with my Dad to the car dealer for the first time, when I was 7. He was looking at a new Ford station wagon. I wandered next door, to the Chevy dealer (yes, this was back in '76, when a kid could wander around and not be grabbed by a wacko) and saw the Corvettes. I ran back to my Dad, in the process of signing the final paperwork for the lovely station wagon. I tried to convince him we needed the Corvette and not the wagon. Needless to say, I was too late.

I tried over and over, whenever it was time for a new car, I gave my best "we really need a Corvette because..." story. Well, my Dad finally stumped me when he said that my Mom couldn't drive stick & "that is the only way they come". He was right about one thing; to this day, she still cannot drive a stick.

You can imagine what happened when, at 27, my husband & I were at the Auto Show, looking at TransAms & I told him I wanted one, if I couldn't have a Corvette. He said, if we got it, it had to be stick shift. I was a little confused, saying, well "that's the only way they come". And, then he explained that all cars, including Corvettes, always came in automatic. I was furious; my dad hysterical with laughter. Bad trick to play on your innocent daughter.

Well, at 37, I got my long awaited Corvette. My husband bought me one for my birthday...doesn't get much better than that. And, yes...it is a stick; afterall, like my Dad taught me, "that's the only way they come".
Old 07-17-2011, 03:29 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

You hava ma blessing to posta pictures!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:00 PM
upsta8NY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^
I thinks is awsome that we do have ladies on the forum as well as owners of awsome machines.I dont know about most of you men but i bet most of us have been car guys since birth as well as ladies.My godmother had a 68,94,02 before she became disabled and i couldnt thank a better women for keepin me inspired to owning my c6.Im 34 now and when i was a kid and teenage years i used to basically get watched by her when rents were working.Well being a car nut at birth i made sure i went to her house.What kid wouldnt want to be drivin around by her aunt in a vette to the store etc...
So for this i say to all our ladies keep the dream alive for your younger siblings.

Ps.I do have to get to fla to repay the countless rides to my aunt.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:15 PM
cop.magnet.red
Pro

My brother was 17 and he dragged his little 7 year old sister with him looking at corvettes every weekend. He was diagnosed with MS at age 26, he never got his vette. But before he died, I got my first one, a 92 coupe and with assistance from 2 nurses and a lift machine, we got him in the passenger seat. Best day ever, couldn't get the smile off his face.

Traded the 92 in on a 99 FRC and then the FRC traded to the 08 JSB Coupe. I will own one for as long as I'm able. (continuing the tradition, this weekend, I was out there again, eyeing up 2011 GS.)
Old 07-17-2011, 06:27 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by C6Whatever
It is may dd. If I don't get to drive for a day. I don't like it. What better way to start a work day. Kiss my baby bye in the morning then drive the vette to work.
Welcome to the lucky ladies that have vettes!love
You got that right Lisa. I feel the same way. Vettes are just HOT!

BTW, how's the detailing coming?

Last edited by LisasZR1; 07-17-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Add on
Old 07-17-2011, 06:35 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by cop.magnet.red
My brother was 17 and he dragged his little 7 year old sister with him looking at corvettes every weekend. He was diagnosed with MS at age 26, he never got his vette. But before he died, I got my first one, a 92 coupe and with assistance from 2 nurses and a lift machine, we got him in the passenger seat. Best day ever, couldn't get the smile off his face.

Traded the 92 in on a 99 FRC and then the FRC traded to the 08 JSB Coupe. I will own one for as long as I'm able. (continuing the tradition, this weekend, I was out there again, eyeing up 2011 GS.)
Great story. I took a friends dad for a ride in my ZR1 this weekend. He's 80 and knows everything about cars. He told me he'd never riden in a Vette. Well I had to remedy that problem. So off we went. I got on it a few times so he could hear the supercharger open up and experience the torque the car has. I think maybe I made his day.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:46 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Can't believe I just saw this post for the first time. Where have I been? My story? Well, I've loved sports cars for years. Drove a red TR3 when I was 16 and I was hooked on two seats and a stick shift from then on.

Hubby and I both loved sports cars, and it was 20 years ago that he suggested he trade his Trans Am for a Corvette. A Corvette?, I said. We can't afford one of those! Well, we did buy one...my least favorite of the many we've had in the past 20+ years...but it was a Corvette, and I was on my way.

Many Corvettes later and fast forward to 2011. We now have a 2005 Daytona Sunset Orange 6spd convertible (mine) and a 2008 Machine Silver Z06 (his). I retired from "Corporate America" 5 years ago and went right into selling Corvettes! You can imagine how much fun that is!

We are extremely involved in all Corvette activities throughout New England and have a garage full of trophies won in show & shines over the past 20 years. And, yes, I do all the detailing, too!

Love these cars and love the many wonderful friends we have made through our hobby. Nothing like the Corvette and nothing like Corvette people!

Elaine
Old 07-17-2011, 07:19 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I am getting alitte better but still not where I want to be. I got some Zanio ZFX, Z6 and ZCS. I haven't been able to use them yet I been sick this weekend. I am hoping that part of my problem is that I am not letting the Z2 dry good. The humidity here is horrible. I have polished it in the past, let it sit over night before wiping off.
I had to laugh at my hubby he told me to get in line for your white vette. He says it looks good and that when you get ready for a newer one I might could afford that one. Both your babies look awesome to me.
I now wish my car was a standard. I never thought I would feel that way.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Wynsnob
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Story:
Had a 72 Camaro, 350/Hurst. Loved that car, but that was back in the late 70's. Ahemmm. So after 20 years of driving the Toyota 4Runner, hauling kids, dogs, tons of stuff from here to there, I decided to look at other cars. Always wanted a convertible. Never thought of a vette. Nope. So I bought a Miata. Boyfriend said, "you will cut your teeth on that; I give you a year, tops".

Then one day, he asked me to drive his Vette. I nearly died. This car was never out in the rain, I had not driven a real sports car for years; it was quite the experience. The second time behind the wheel of his C6, I was cruising on the freeway, hit a big bump, the car left the road. I held on tight and prayed. The car landed perfectly, and we kept on going. NICE.
Well, that was it for me, I said to my boyfriend "Gotta get me one of these". I promptly sold the Miata and purcahsed the C6. Now I must drive it at least once a week, if not more. I am totally sold on this car.

All the best to you and your Vette.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:32 AM
PGSwag
6th Gear

Hello there and here's my story....
I was a die hard Mercedes addict until a co-worker of mine let me check out his C5 with what I call "Monster Muscle" sounding pipes and engine power to match... (Please note I'm an adrenaline junkie) I went for a ride with him and after we passed 120 mph I was hooked ... I absolutely love the sound of a Vette (intake and exhaust). So, after that I set out on my mission for a Vette. I was trying to stick with the conservative colors like Black, silver, blue....however, I settled on my inner wild side by purchasing a 2008 Velocity Yellow with an ebony top Vert this April ... Luv it!!! So, here you have it I am a 37 year young Belle with a flashy Vette ripping up IH-10... With Mod's in the works.

Smooches...PGSwag
Old 07-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 395 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by PGSwag
Hello there and here's my story....
I was a die hard Mercedes addict until a co-worker of mine let me check out his C5 with what I call "Monster Muscle" sounding pipes and engine power to match... (Please note I'm an adrenaline junkie) I went for a ride with him and after we passed 120 mph I was hooked ... I absolutely love the sound of a Vette (intake and exhaust). So, after that I set out on my mission for a Vette. I was trying to stick with the conservative colors like Black, silver, blue....however, I settled on my inner wild side by purchasing a 2008 Velocity Yellow with an ebony top Vert this April ... Luv it!!! So, here you have it I am a 37 year young Belle with a flashy Vette ripping up IH-10... With Mod's in the works.

Smooches...PGSwag
Seems to be a lot of Texas women on this forum. That's awesome!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:23 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Ladies - your stories are AWESOME!!! I knew there were more Vette women on this forum.

Originally Posted by GS Diva
Hubby and I both loved sports cars, and it was 20 years ago that he suggested he trade his Trans Am for a Corvette. A Corvette?, I said. We can't afford one of those!

I retired from "Corporate America" 5 years ago and went right into selling Corvettes! You can imagine how much fun that is!

Nothing like the Corvette and nothing like Corvette people!

Elaine
We almost bought a 78 Vette and then a 79 TA, but decided we couldn't afford it and were too young. It took many years before I finally said enuf was enuf. Now I like that selling vettes idea. I may have to look into that.

I agree on the vettes and vette people.

Originally Posted by C6Whatever
I had to laugh at my hubby he told me to get in line for your white vette. He says it looks good and that when you get ready for a newer one I might could afford that one. Both your babies look awesome to me.
I now wish my car was a standard. I never thought I would feel that way.
I had to wait until I was 53 to get that thing. It'll come. And, yes - I was the same way. My first vette is an A6 - after driving a stick at Bondurant - I had to have a manual. There's no comparison.

Originally Posted by Wynsnob
I said to my boyfriend "Gotta get me one of these".

Originally Posted by PGSwag
So, here you have it I am a 37 year young Belle with a flashy Vette ripping up IH-10... With Mod's in the works.
I'm on the other end of IH-10. Another Texas gal ripping up the hwy. Way to go!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Ladies I'm glad to read you are communicating. You are right Don't post any pictures, the guys have not. Why, because what do you think they look like! Well, some of them..........?

Please keep sharing your forum and if you don't mind I will just read a bit. So with that being said don't expect me to bust your forum again.

Enjoy...........
Old 07-18-2011, 09:57 PM
TripleAstyle123
Pro

Originally Posted by Texas08C6

I had to wait until I was 53 to get that thing. It'll come. And, yes - I was the same way. My first vette is an A6 - after driving a stick at Bondurant - I had to have a manual. There's no comparison.

Uhhh ohhh! Now we even have women pointing out the fact that an auto doesn't compare to a manual transmission!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Women....

Old 07-18-2011, 11:15 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TripleAstyle123
Uhhh ohhh! Now we even have women pointing out the fact that an auto doesn't compare to a manual transmission!!!
Don't anyone get me wrong. I am so in love with my car. Manual would be awesome. I have tried using the paddle shift a few times to give me that shift feeling but I keep looking for the clutch. I can't get it down. I had several manaul cars in my past and it's just not natural the shift gears without clutching. I must be to old to change my thinking.
Maybe one day I might master the paddle ......we'll see. 53 and still learning.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:29 AM
thirtythird
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Look, the paddles let you select and HOLD a gear so that the auto does not put you into a low torque, low RPM situation when you don't want to be. Don't compare it to using a manual because it is not the same as far as the mechanical aspect (meaning the human to machine interface).

Without the paddles, the trans selects gears and your only option would be to mash the pedal. How many gears does it drop? Depends. That is not always a good answer.

I use paddles when I want to stay in a certain power & torque range. I don't expect the process to match what a manual trans experience is. It never will be the same.

But again, I can then put my car in the gear I want and it will hold it there until I tell it to change.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:19 AM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by thirtythird
Look, the paddles let you select and HOLD a gear so that the auto does not put you into a low torque, low RPM situation when you don't want to be. Don't compare it to using a manual because it is not the same as far as the mechanical aspect (meaning the human to machine interface).

Without the paddles, the trans selects gears and your only option would be to mash the pedal. How many gears does it drop? Depends. That is not always a good answer.

I use paddles when I want to stay in a certain power & torque range. I don't expect the process to match what a manual trans experience is. It never will be the same.

I am not trying to ccompare. I just want to be able to utilize it. I have just started to play around with it a little and don't have the hang of it.
Thanks for the info.

But again, I can then put my car in the gear I want and it will hold it there until I tell it to change.
I am not trying to compare it to a manual. I just want to get where I feel like I can utilize it correctly. It's about trying to learn more about my car....
Thanks for the info.

Last edited by C6Whatever; 07-19-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Women....