C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Corvette Option Package Contents

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default 2012 Corvette Option Package Contents

2012 Corvette Option Package Contents

Coupe, GS Coupe, Convertible, GS Convertible:
1LT = Standard Equipment
2LT = 1LT + Radio Upgrade/Single CD with Navigation, Bose 9 Speaker Sound System, Bluetooth for Phone, Heads Up Display
3LT = 2LT + Cargo Net/Luggage Shade, Drivers Side Memory Package, Power Passenger Seat, Perforated Sport Leather Seats with Power Bolster/Lumbar, Heated Seats, Power Telescoping Steering Column, Universal Home Remote
4LT = 3LT + Custom Leather Wrapped Interior

Z06:
1LZ = Standard Equipment
2LZ = 1LZ + Radio Upgrade/Single CD with Navigation, Bose 9 Speaker Sound System, Bluetooth for Phone, Heads Up Display, Cargo Net/Luggage Shade, Drivers Side Memory Package, Perforated Sport Leather Seats, Heated Seats, Power Telescoping Steering Column, Universal Home Remote
3LZ = 2LZ + Power Bolster/Lumbar, Power Passenger Seat, Custom Leather Wrapped Interior

ZR1:
1ZR = Standard Equipment
3ZR = 1ZR + Radio Upgrade/Single CD with Navigation, Bose 9 Speaker Sound System, Bluetooth for Phone, Heads Up Display, Cargo Net/Luggage Shade, Drivers Side Memory Package, Perforated Sport Leather Seats, Heated Seats, Power Telescoping Steering Column, Universal Home Remote, Power Bolster/Lumbar, Power Passenger Seat, Custom Leather Wrapped Interior
Old 06-13-2011, 03:59 PM
mneblett
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:08 PM
TAL
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Not good

Thanks Ken!

What really pisses me off is that you are FORCED to get the NAV with any of the 2LT or 3LT packages.

I see the Corvette went up about $500. Tack on the $1800 for the NAV and I'm paying $2300 MORE for a 2012 3LT compaired to the 2011 3LT. Granted there are nicer features such as the seats & Bose but the NAV being nearly 'standard' really pisses me off....

Since I have sold my C6 I'll be looking at competitors now.

Do you hear me GM??????
Old 06-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Atomic Punk
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mneblett
Thanks!

what he said!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:48 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

HUD is now available in the 2LT??But not as a stand alone option?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:53 PM
3GenVettes
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Does the 2LT no longer include the seat upgrade to the sport seats and power passenger seat?
Does the 2LT still allow interior color choices?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I'm glad I bought a 2009 when the 2LT got you bluetooth for phone, power passenger seat, perforated sport leather seats with power bolster/lumbar and embroidered cross flags headrest logos (now a $300.00 stand alone option), plus cargo net/luggage shade. Now instead of giving you these highly desireable items at the 2LT level they give you a Navigation unit half as good as an aftermarket "heads-up" Garmin which displays the posted limit adjacent your current speed, plus the 2LT now forces Blose speakers on you half as capable as the standard equipment speakers. You now have to pony all the way up to the 3LT level to get the good stuff they use to provide at the 2LT level. Whoever selected the contents of the new option packages must be the same person or group who selected Carlisle Blue, or "Powder Puff Blue" as a new Corvette color. Ken, don't think for a second I'm shooting the messenger for posting this information; you are providing an essential and greatley appreciated service to the CF community. But even fast food burger joints have learned the value of "have it your way", and with todays computerized supplier chain and automobile manufacturing lines their is no excuse for not allowing customers to pick and choose the exact options they want on their cars, and without cost penalties. Why was it possible to select any individual car option you wanted out of dozens four decades ago before the computer revolution, but can't do so today? Does GM really think the average consumer can't see through their "options adjustments" that are so obviously designed to maximize profits? I think the the only people stupid enough to fall for such ploys are the "marketing a--holes" which GM uses to structure their Option Packages.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:50 PM
DaveV
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default and they still invite you to [build your own] ???????

I guess they are still not listening, buy packages as long as they are GM,s choice, i get silly comments from the forum like my resale value will be affected they cant build my spec car because it will upset the production line etc etc, is there anyone out there from marketing on planet corvette ????? whats the official line.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just reading about the upgraded Bose setup, basically an addition of 2 tweeters somewhere by the console. I know it said the speakers would be set up to better produce sound for the vette's cabin. It was also mentioned that the seats would be bolstered more sufficiently. Car and Driver is where I got the info.

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Corvette Option Package Contents

Quick Reply: 2012 Corvette Option Package Contents