C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with installation of the BackOff third brake light pulsar module

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Kanf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help with installation of the BackOff third brake light pulsar module

Hi all,

I need some quick help with installing the BackOFF third brake light pulsar module. I ordered the 39 LED color matched third brake light fascia from CorvetteMods...Thanks Neal

I am a little confused about how to install it though. The plug for the light itself only has 2 wires, a black one and a blue one. If I am reading the instructions correctly, I hook up the red to the brake light switch, I am guessing the blue wire and the white wire with the red stripe to the other wires from the actual tail lights? and then I need to somehow find a place to hook up this short little ground wire inside the bumper somewhere?

This seems much harder than I expected. Or, do i just use 2 wires from the module and hook up the black and red wire to the black and blue wire on the actual harness for the third brake light?

I know I am making this harder than it is.

Please help.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2011, 11:12 AM
signaldynamics
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically on the LED Light, one wire should be a positive and the other is your ground. If your Corvette does not have a third tier brake light, the light gets T-tapped into your existing brake light wiring as an additional light that mimics your stock brake lights.

Depending on which BackOFF Module you have, the module gets placed in-line with the third tier brake like and your factory brake light wiring (basically where that T-tap goes). If you have the Original BackOFF Brake Light Signal Module (only a 2 wire system), then the module may not work 100% with the LED light because the Original BackOFF was meant to work with standard incandescent lights (LEDs do not give enough resistance some times to activate the module. If not, then you may need to upgrade to the BackOFF XP Brake Light Signal Module which does work with LEDs or incandescent, or a combination of both.).

To wire the BackOFF module: The Red wire will get tapped onto the positive lead for your factory brake light wiring (or the brake switch if that is easier to access. If unsure what is your positive lead, please either use a test light if available to verify the positive factory wire or if you have the wiring diagram, to verify the positive factory wire.), and the white wire with red stripe would get wired onto the blue wire from the LED light. The black wire from the LED light would just get tapped into a common ground wire that is easy to access. As stated before, the BackOFF module just goes in-line with the wiring.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-785-1814. Hours of Operation are Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 5pm Eastern Standard time.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:08 PM
RUTHLESS Z
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need help on installing "Back Off" blinking brake light module

Where does it hook up too? The BCM behind the passenger kick panel or do I have to splice into the rear light harness and remove the entire rear bumper again like I did to install my exhaust??

I need some quick help with installing the BackOFF third brake light pulsar module. I ordered the 39 LED color matched third brake light fascia from CorvetteMods...Thanks Neal

I am a little confused about how to install it though. The plug for the light itself only has 2 wires, a black one and a blue one. If I am reading the instructions correctly, I hook up the red to the brake light switch, I am guessing the blue wire and the white wire with the red stripe to the other wires from the actual tail lights? and then I need to somehow find a place to hook up this short little ground wire inside the bumper somewhere?

This seems much harder than I expected. Or, do i just use 2 wires from the module and hook up the black and red wire to the black and blue wire on the actual harness for the third brake light?

I know I am making this harder than it is.

Please help.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Old 04-02-2019, 12:11 PM
RUTHLESS Z
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default BTW it's on a C7 ZO6

Need help on installing "Back Off" blinking brake light module
Where does it hook up too? The BCM behind the passenger kick panel or do I have to splice into the rear light harness and remove the entire rear bumper again like I did to install my exhaust??

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with installation of the BackOff third brake light pulsar module

Quick Reply: Need help with installation of the BackOff third brake light pulsar module