C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardbar lowering bolts .....

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Xedes
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hardbar lowering bolts .....

Anyone using them? Any issues? Post pics if you have them please.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:03 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

I use them and have no issues with them. Quality pieces, easy to install, easy to adjust, gives you a nice stance.....I even have a brand new extra set (4 bolts/4delrin pads) laying in the garage I'd sell to you if you want them?

Slammed on Hardbars...btw, give the front end some time to settle...I drove it around for a few days and thought it was done, but it ended up dropping and added 0.25" the more I drove it. I also wanted moar low in the front, so I switched them out for Corvette mod bolts with slimmer pads.

Last edited by LFZ; 08-08-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:06 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Your timing is excellent - I was going to post this morning.

After a long trip ( 950 miles ) to the ALMS race at Mid-Ohio this weekend we got caught in the rain a couple of times. I find that the delrin pads start squeaking lke crazy after a "rain" drive. I have to lube them - lube between the pad and where it sits in the A-arm to fix it, but it seems this fix lasts less and less each time I do it....

One thing that concerns me is that the delrin pad of the hardbar bolts is much smaller in diameter than the OEM bolts-pad - so I am wondering if this is exerting more pressure in the area it contacts the A-arm (smaller pad and same weight = more PSI). My concern is that the super-tough delrin pad will damage the saddle in the A-arm and I'll have to replace them.

I would appreciate some good input on this......

vetfever
Old 08-08-2011, 11:08 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

LFZ - more good timing - as your pic shows, the delrin pad is way smaller than the OEM pad - have you had any probelms with loud squeaks??
Old 08-08-2011, 11:12 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
LFZ - more good timing - as your pic shows, the delrin pad is way smaller than the OEM pad - have you had any probelms with loud squeaks??
I don't drive in the rain, so no squeaks. I would assume that any hard polyurethane or delrin pad being used as a spring adjuster will squeak. The factory adjusters are rubber so noise was never a concern.

I know what you mean about the small pad sitting there in the A-Arm, but I checked mine last week and the saddle still looked good...no wear or grooves. I do however, go in there and clean all the pebbles and dirt out at least once a month. I used grease when I first installed them, but have since cleaned the grease out clean. No issues still. I think they are good pieces; however, the Hardbars will not slam the front end of a Z06.

I have seen Hardbar bolts slam base vettes though. Not sure if it has to do with the higher spring rating on the Z?

Last edited by LFZ; 08-08-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Xedes
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
Your timing is excellent - I was going to post this morning.

After a long trip ( 950 miles ) to the ALMS race at Mid-Ohio this weekend we got caught in the rain a couple of times. I find that the delrin pads start squeaking lke crazy after a "rain" drive. I have to lube them - lube between the pad and where it sits in the A-arm to fix it, but it seems this fix lasts less and less each time I do it....

One thing that concerns me is that the delrin pad of the hardbar bolts is much smaller in diameter than the OEM bolts-pad - so I am wondering if this is exerting more pressure in the area it contacts the A-arm (smaller pad and same weight = more PSI). My concern is that the super-tough delrin pad will damage the saddle in the A-arm and I'll have to replace them.

I would appreciate some good input on this......

vetfever
Hmmm....It rains a lot around here and comes unexpectedly. I would hate to deal with anymore squeaks (now that I got my top fixed). Maybe someone else will have a great fix.

LFZ...Can you shoot me a PM with the price you want for the bolts? My front is pretty low but now that I went from 20's in the rear down to 19's, I need to do something about my wheel gap.
P.S. your car looks great slammed.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:41 PM
IrishC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So with the hardbar bolts do you screw the bolt in from the top and then screw the delrin pad from the bottom?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by IrishC6
So with the hardbar bolts do you screw the bolt in from the top and then screw the delrin pad from the bottom?
Yes - ir's a 2-piece design. Advantage is that the bolt has a full hex top and is therefore easier to adjust once it is in.....
Old 08-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

So if hardbar squeak, what's the next best choice? Anyone using a brand they want to share their experience with?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Wicked65
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped mine on stock bolts that i cut the rubber down to the last rib. Car settled very nice. I saw no reason to buy the aftermarket bolts, when cutting the stock ones would lower the car to the same level. And then i heard about some aftermarket bolts failing and making all sorts of noise, needing grease..blah blah.. it just wasnt worth it for me. I drive my vette daily, rain or shine. So all that was takin into consideration.

These pics needed some tire shine done. But i had just got the car back from paint. So i hadnt detailed it yet.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:22 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 183 Posts

I'm also having issues with the Hardbar lowering bolts squeaking while driving it in the rain. What other lowering bolts avoid having this noise? Is the only other option WCC bolts but they might have issues down the road of the rubber pad failing right?
Old 12-03-2014, 11:45 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
I'm also having issues with the Hardbar lowering bolts squeaking while driving it in the rain. What other lowering bolts avoid having this noise? Is the only other option WCC bolts but they might have issues down the road of the rubber pad failing right?
Could this be a solution and place a small rubber spacer between the hardbar bolt and the leaf spring?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-09-CHEVY-CORVETTE-C6-Z06-LOWERING-SUSPENSION-KIT-/250415557283?hash=item3a4dee2aa3&item=250415557283&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Get notified of new replies

To Hardbar lowering bolts .....

Quick Reply: Hardbar lowering bolts .....