C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 C6 all stock: will adding LoudMouth 2...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Kevinov2000
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 C6 all stock: will adding LoudMouth 2...

Only heard it online, it was an automatic too, and I loved it, but so hard to tell from an online video.

Has anyone gotten rid of them because they are too loud - like lots of LoudMouth 1 owners have?

Since everything else is stock, will my neighbors hate me if I install the LoudMouth 2's?

I leave for work early and live in a nice subdivision.

Just as importantly...will cops pull me over for it?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Vivid1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a reason it is called the loud mouth.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:38 PM
1 slow 97
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

i think the loudmouth sounds like garbage. I personally would look at Corsa's and B&B bullets.

Loudmouths are extremely loud so if you are concerned with neighbors or cops good luck with that. I had a cop pull me over just because he heard my car and thought I was going fast because of how loud it was. I was just cruising at 30 with B&B bullets. Would I give up my exhaust... never. These cars sound too quiet stock and sound amazing and like they should with aftermarket exhaust.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Kevinov2000
Cruising

for sure, but 'they' say it's quieter than the LM1 for whatever that's worth, so I guess I was asking for a comparison between the two, or for another suggestion all together.

not really wanting to spend big bucks, not even looking for HP, just a cooler sound. if I got to corvette central exhaust and listen to their sound clips and videos I love the way the loudmouths sound the best. That sound with less volume would be perfect, just have no idea if it's possible.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Kevinov2000
Cruising

Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
i think the loudmouth sounds like garbage. I personally would look at Corsa's and B&B bullets.

Loudmouths are extremely loud so if you are concerned with neighbors or cops good luck with that. I had a cop pull me over just because he heard my car and thought I was going fast because of how loud it was. I was just cruising at 30 with B&B bullets. Would I give up my exhaust... never. These cars sound too quiet stock and sound amazing and like they should with aftermarket exhaust.
that's what I was afraid off, thanks.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Kevinov2000
Cruising

Originally Posted by Kevinov2000
that's what I was afraid off, thanks.
A buddy of mine has Corsa's on his new Shelby Stang. I need to go hear those I guess. His roommate has been nagging me to get an exhaust on my car since day 1, but said the Corsa's on his Shelby are way too loud. Lots of drone.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:51 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

The drone will make you SICK!!! Look into the newest Borla exhaust systems. They "claim" great sound with NO drone and have 3 new systems to choose from. Or you can do the smartest thing and get the Npp mufflers from an 08 for direct bolt on with npp in a box to control the valves and have no drone with amazing sound and be able to shut it up whenever you want.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Kevinov2000
Cruising

Originally Posted by brooklync5
The drone will make you SICK!!! Look into the newest Borla exhaust systems. They "claim" great sound with NO drone and have 3 new systems to choose from. Or you can do the smartest thing and get the Npp mufflers from an 08 for direct bolt on with npp in a box to control the valves and have no drone with amazing sound and be able to shut it up whenever you want.
that sounds absolutely perfect, afraid to ask...any idea on cost?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Kevinov2000
Cruising

I meant cost for Npp, not Borla.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Kevinov2000
Cruising

2008 or newer, or have to be 2008?

is this a fairly straight forward or easy install?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Slare
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

If you have to ask if the LM/LM2 is too loud, it is too loud. Very loud, very tiring, bad sound quality. I don't even see the point in them you may as well run straight pipes.

LSx exhaust can sound "ok" at best, big dollar systems don't fix this. They may be built better. They may look better. But you are mostly buying different levels of sound.

NPP or cut-outs (plain or adjustable) is the way to go on these cars when near stock, imho. NPP with a m2w switch is the best setup for a mostly stock car.

You get into cams/headers/other exhaust changes that may no longer be the case. It gets a lot more complicated then.

Get notified of new replies

To 05 C6 all stock: will adding LoudMouth 2...

Quick Reply: 05 C6 all stock: will adding LoudMouth 2...