C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unbelievable Customer Service from BendPak on Purchase of My New Lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:43 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Default Unbelievable Customer Service from BendPak on Purchase of My New Lift

I want to share a wonderful (more like unbelievable) with BendPak, which produces auto lifts and other automotive service equipment.

I have been blown away by their customer service (even when the customer screwed up).

I bought Bend Pak’s overall narrowest lift (HD-9ST), which is only 99” in overall width. I did not take into account the width of the ramps and runners, which were so narrow that I only had 1.5 inches between each rear wheel and the lift supports.

Knowing I was destined to ruin my wheels, I sent BendPak’s customer service an inquiry as to whether there was an accessory or solution they could help me with to cover the lift supports so I wouldn’t scratch my wheels WHEN I hit them on the lift supports.

The next morning, I received a text from Jeff Kritzer, Senior VP of Sales and Marketing for BendPak/Ranger, asking me to give him. When I called Jeff, I explained my concern and and asked if there was anything I could do to protect my wheels from the lift supports. I admitted up front that this was a screw up on my part, knowing it was probably going to cost me a bundle to fix my issue.

After discussing my situation briefly, Jeff said that Bendpak prides itself on its customer service, and will do whatever it takes to make a customer satisfied. Most of the time this is rhetoric, BUT NOT THIS TIME!

Jeff volunteered to ship me, at Bendpak's expense, the parts necessary to widen the liff. This will entail totally disassembling the current lift and reassembling with the replacement parts.

In addition to sending me the new parts at no cost, Bendpak will cover the cost of installation, and has arranged for this to occur when the parts are received by the freight carrier.

Bendpak will ship the exchanged parts back to their manufacturing plant in California, at their cost.

And finally, they volunteered to bolt the lift down in my garage at no cost, which I did not have done on the original install.

In addition to all of this, I have been assigned a contact person at Bendpak, who has kept me informed every step of the way, including arranging the shipping and installation.

I am waiting on the replacement parts to arrive, and I will post a follow up when all is complete. However, based upon the professionalism and enthusiastic response from everyone I have talked to at BendPak, it must be a great place to work and they really value customer relationships.

If your ever looking to by a lift (or other auto equipment they sell), I would recommend them!!! The price of the lift was not the lowest on the market, but the quality, features, and customer service can not be beat!

3) When I called Jeff, I explained my problem and how it was TOTALLY MY FAULT, not the seller dealer or BendPak, and I was hoping that someone else had experienced the same type of problem that BendPak either had a solution, or suggest ways I could avoid ruining my wheels.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

WOW, that is GREAT customer service.

Kudos to BendPak.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

As they say, word-of-mouth is the best advertisement. You've certainly given that. I'm not even in the market for a lift, and I'm curious about yours. Good on ya.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Wow. Noted, for when I get my lift. Bend-Pak was already on the short list, they just moved to the top of it.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 AM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Just had mine installed today. Bendpak people were great to deal with and help me decide which lift to get. I'm more than pleased.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:28 AM
Z16chevelleguy
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow they really bent over backwards for you!
Please do a followup after its completed.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:34 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Eritosthenes
As they say, word-of-mouth is the best advertisement. You've certainly given that. I'm not even in the market for a lift, and I'm curious about yours. Good on ya.
It would be interesting to know how much BendPak pays on advertising compared to their competitors. What most companies don't get today (which they apparently do) is that you can not put a price on a good reputation, while you can't hardly spend enough money to overcome a bad one.

Of course, in this case, there is nothing BendPak could have done "wrong", because the situation was all my own doing. But for helping me out, they have a loyal customer for life that will think about this situation (and how they dealt with it) everytime I deal with another vendor. In my mind, they now will be the standard for which every other vendor I ever deal with will be judged. And when another company gives me some lame excuse on why they can't resolve a complaint, I will always be thinking that I wish they were BendPak
Old 08-30-2011, 09:07 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 547 Likes on 335 Posts

That's great to hear! Don't feel bad, I bought a HD-STX (extra long,wide,tall) this March. This weekend I had the car out and when backing onto the lift I was turning the wheels to move over and inch+- and my tire caught the support. I was pooping my pants and could not wait to see if I hit the rim - lucky it didn't.

Moral of the story: you have to be very careful when moving on and off the lift. For me this was only the third time the car came off the lift since March. Damn, I need to drive this car more. I love my BP.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:57 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Boy I wish my Bend pack experience was the same...
Old 09-15-2011, 09:41 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Everything as Promised!!!

To follow up on my original post, Bend Pak did everything they promised! I now have my new modified lift, and I can not be happier. Thanks to everyone at Bend Pak.

They have earned a customer for life.

Originally Posted by RACE U
I want to share a wonderful (more like unbelievable) with BendPak, which produces auto lifts and other automotive service equipment.

I have been blown away by their customer service (even when the customer screwed up).

I bought Bend Pak’s overall narrowest lift (HD-9ST), which is only 99” in overall width. I did not take into account the width of the ramps and runners, which were so narrow that I only had 1.5 inches between each rear wheel and the lift supports.

Knowing I was destined to ruin my wheels, I sent BendPak’s customer service an inquiry as to whether there was an accessory or solution they could help me with to cover the lift supports so I wouldn’t scratch my wheels WHEN I hit them on the lift supports.

The next morning, I received a text from Jeff Kritzer, Senior VP of Sales and Marketing for BendPak/Ranger, asking me to give him. When I called Jeff, I explained my concern and and asked if there was anything I could do to protect my wheels from the lift supports. I admitted up front that this was a screw up on my part, knowing it was probably going to cost me a bundle to fix my issue.

After discussing my situation briefly, Jeff said that Bendpak prides itself on its customer service, and will do whatever it takes to make a customer satisfied. Most of the time this is rhetoric, BUT NOT THIS TIME!

Jeff volunteered to ship me, at Bendpak's expense, the parts necessary to widen the liff. This will entail totally disassembling the current lift and reassembling with the replacement parts.

In addition to sending me the new parts at no cost, Bendpak will cover the cost of installation, and has arranged for this to occur when the parts are received by the freight carrier.

Bendpak will ship the exchanged parts back to their manufacturing plant in California, at their cost.

And finally, they volunteered to bolt the lift down in my garage at no cost, which I did not have done on the original install.

In addition to all of this, I have been assigned a contact person at Bendpak, who has kept me informed every step of the way, including arranging the shipping and installation.

I am waiting on the replacement parts to arrive, and I will post a follow up when all is complete. However, based upon the professionalism and enthusiastic response from everyone I have talked to at BendPak, it must be a great place to work and they really value customer relationships.

If your ever looking to by a lift (or other auto equipment they sell), I would recommend them!!! The price of the lift was not the lowest on the market, but the quality, features, and customer service can not be beat!

3) When I called Jeff, I explained my problem and how it was TOTALLY MY FAULT, not the seller dealer or BendPak, and I was hoping that someone else had experienced the same type of problem that BendPak either had a solution, or suggest ways I could avoid ruining my wheels.

Last edited by RACE U; 09-15-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-20-2012, 09:32 AM
LJP-C6GS
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BendPak Customer Service

I'm a new member to the corvette forum, although I have referenced it's resources many times. I finally became a member so I could share a similar great story.

A month ago I purchased a 2010 C6 GS from a Corvette Forum member. Great purchase, very satisfied. With the purchase. I now have 6 vehicles in a 3 driver home. So I did what many members do, I purchased a lift so I could increase my garage capacity. I purchased a Benpak XPR-9. I choose Bendpak over other lifts based on recommendation of their quality and outstanding customer service. Installation took about 4 hours and was pretty straight forward. The XPR-9 allows for 2 different width configurations and I choose the narrow configuration to allow for enough distance between my walls and the lift columns.

After installation I positioned my C3, lifted it, tooled around under for a bit, and was excited just to have this capability. Then it was time to get the C6 in the air. Drove it into the bay, went to position the arms, and to my surprise, the arms were too long!! I'm thinking crap!! What do I do now?

I immediately started searching this forum, and the web, for some type of C6 adapter. None to be found (but I did learn of the hockey puck trick!) So I called eAutoTools where I purchased the lift and explained the C6 didn't fit on the Bendpak XPR-9 in the narrow config. This issue was something that eAutoTools had not run into before, so Manny at eAutoTools got me in contact with Joe Vermillion at Bendpak. This is where my customer service experience became unbelievable. Joe had never run into this issue either. He requested photos and we began to discuss the problem.

I wasn't met with an attitude of "that's just tough, have a nice day", but rather one of genuine concern that a Bendpak product may have an issue. After analyzing the issue, Joe brought Jeff Kritzer at Bendpak into the picture and they agreed the arms are not only too long, but also too high to easily fit under the C6. To my amazement, Joe offered a solution of swapping out my arms for a new design. Wow, really Joe?..I never expected a complete solution such as swapping out arms.

Now all is well.... How can you possibly get better customer service then that? The recommendation I received when deciding on what lift to purchase was dead on. I am a Bendpak customer for life and extend the same recommendation to all who read this.

Thank-you Joe, Jeff, and Bendpak, you made my lift something I'm proud to have in my garage!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Very impressive.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:15 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 547 Likes on 335 Posts

I also have a Bendpak lift and do not find you story unusual at all, they are great w/cs. By the way, this thread is useless without photos .
Old 03-27-2013, 05:01 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

I'm searching the forum for anything "BendPak" related, as I am about to get a HD9ST, and am really happy with what I am reading about the BP customer service. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

Nice to see such outstanding customer service. If I ever buy a lift it will be a bendpak.

PS: since we are moving into a new house at a new location what better time to equip one of the garages with a lift. Sent Bendpak an email

Last edited by Snowwolfe; 03-27-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Roxanna
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BendPak lift arms too long.

Just finished installing my XPR-10A BendPak in the narrow configuration. When I tried to put my 94 on it I found the arms were too long. The jack points on the C4 are too close together. When I called customer service they basically said tough luck. They said I should have installed it in the wide configuration. The manual and the sales literature never mentions the arms being too long for sports cars. I found that if I put the car precisely halfway between the arms and put wood blocks on the jack pads I can lift the car with only minor damage to the fiberglass. I tried to order the square screw type jack pads but BendPak no longer makes them. I did find them from Best Buy Automotive for $241.00. The posts had several deep scars from shipping and my packing list said I should have received a can of touchup paint but I didn't get any. The service rep said they don't send paint anymore, yet someone in China checked it off as being in the box. I guess I'll have to fabricate new jack points for my 94 and 87. I haven't tried the 63 yet so I don't know if it will fit either.

Get notified of new replies

To Unbelievable Customer Service from BendPak on Purchase of My New Lift

Quick Reply: Unbelievable Customer Service from BendPak on Purchase of My New Lift