C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED DRLs and Turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Dino 615
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED DRLs and Turn signals

Ok, so I installed some new LED DRL/Turn signals last night. I have the hyperflash so I need to install the resistors. There are three wires running to the DRLs since they are also the turn signals. One of them is obviously the ground. Does anyone know which of the other two wires are the turn signal and which is the DRL? I do not want to spice into the DRL instead of the turn signal. I need to know which color is which, or need a wiring diagram please. Oh yeah, it's an 07 if that matters.

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:45 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

It is the light blue with white stripe wires. Having trouble with photobucket so can't post diagram right now. THis wire is to the turn signal / parking lamp. Black is ground, brown is the parking lamp.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Dino 615
Instructor

Ok, now you have confused me more. You said the light blue is the turn / parking, then you said the brown is the parking? Can you reclarify please?

Light Blue w/White = ???
Brown = ???

Thanks again.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:38 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

When I installed mine, I spliced into the two outside wires.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:13 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Sorry, meant to say it is the turn/parking assembly.
Light Blue w/white stripe = turn signal
Brown = Parking

Originally Posted by Dino 615
Ok, now you have confused me more. You said the light blue is the turn / parking, then you said the brown is the parking? Can you reclarify please?

Light Blue w/White = ???
Brown = ???

Thanks again.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

With the OEM bulb-

The turn signal and DRL share the same 'brighter' filament in the bulb.

The 'dimmer' filament is the running/parking lights.

This applies to Switchback LED 'bulbs' with the amber LED's being the DRL/turn signals and white LED's for the running/parking lights.

So you are connecting the load resistor between the wire powering the DRL/turn signal (blue/white) and the ground (black).

Try to mount the load resistors so they won't burn anything.

The two front load resistors should be 6 ohms and rear load resistors should be 3 ohms, one for each of the four brake/turn sides of the tail lights..
Old 09-16-2011, 01:04 AM
thattexaskid19
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino 615
Ok, so I installed some new LED DRL/Turn signals last night. I have the hyperflash so I need to install the resistors. There are three wires running to the DRLs since they are also the turn signals. One of them is obviously the ground. Does anyone know which of the other two wires are the turn signal and which is the DRL? I do not want to spice into the DRL instead of the turn signal. I need to know which color is which, or need a wiring diagram please. Oh yeah, it's an 07 if that matters.

Thanks.
hey just a warning

-i installed the same things and didnt want hyperflash so i was going to add the resistors. right now with hyperflash, the turn signals go back n forth between white-orange-white-orange-.... like theyre sposed to. if you add the resistors on, the hyperflash goes away but the white stays on whenever the DRLs are on and does not turn off. so then when you turn your turn signal on, the white stays on and the orange just goes over the top of it (really washed out). looked stupid IMO and now i just put up with hyperflash. happens on a lot of cars (but not all i hear?) just a warning.

PS, check out my DRL side markers led strips.... as far as i know im the only one with em?

Last edited by thattexaskid19; 09-16-2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Dino 615
Instructor

Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad for the rear resistor info too as that is my next project. I like the LED strips in the marker lights too.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

The LED-strip side markers are very cool.

Sorry you couldn't resolve your Switchback/non-Switchback issue with your front DRL LED's.

I was hoping your Vendor had come up with a solution of maybe different resistor values or a different LED bulb.

Car looks sinister.

Get notified of new replies

To LED DRLs and Turn signals

Quick Reply: LED DRLs and Turn signals