C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Mike15239
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bamavett
Beware of Edelbrock Extended Warranty
Bought a Supercharger from Edelbrock which advertises extended warranty but the company they work with just takes your money. The company Edelbrock teamed up with is called Cornerstone which cashed my check on 4/24/14 but never sent me my warranty so i started calling. No one answers the phone. Called Edelbrock Dave Stinson (manager) said to call Lance Davis Cornerstone's President left voicemail on 5/20/14 no return call.
Very disappointed that Edelbrock would team up with a company like this and still advertise today the same warranty after been told about the issues.
Bought this product because of the warranty to replace factory warranty because I thought Edelbrock was a company you could trust. Boy was I wrong!!!!
Last time I will ever purchase from Edelbrock!!!
Thanks but I'm having Grabiak do the install they are a Chevy dealer so my warranty will be intact. They have a Corvette mechanic with a great reputation and the guys that run the performance shop there seem top notch as well.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:59 PM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

The edelbrock warranty would cover it anyway. And the gm warranty would still be good on remainder of car. They tell you all those things to get your business.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Bamavett
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good idea with keeping your GM warranty! Would not count on Cornerstone or Edelbrock!
Old 10-31-2016, 03:57 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Edelbrock warranty starts at the date of first sale of the car!
Old 11-01-2016, 12:39 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

OLd thread ...any of you supercharger guys still have your edlebrock supercharger corvettes? And if so...how many years and miles? ANd what issues have cropped up..?
Old 11-01-2016, 10:30 AM
jnrandall
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
OLd thread ...any of you supercharger guys still have your edlebrock supercharger corvettes? And if so...how many years and miles? ANd what issues have cropped up..?
50k issue free miles.
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (11-02-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 06:56 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

my Russel Brake lines (pre Vic Jr) on the front brakes on my motorcycle let go when I was hitting a hairpin on my Suzuki Bandit on a track day. It was more thrill than I wanted.

The ride home was even worse.

I mentioned it to Vic Jr and he gave me an o' **** look.

He didn't offer me any thing.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:28 PM
raspyc6
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

^what? another useless LowRyter post, untimely, no value, not germain to thread and another brick on the wall of his inept $hit...good job man
Old 11-02-2016, 01:18 AM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by raspyc6
^what? another useless LowRyter post, untimely, no value, not germain to thread and another brick on the wall of his inept $hit...good job man
Russel is an Edelbrock brand....perhaps you knew. brake lines, kinda important. The experience sorta soured me on the guy when I talked to him.

And who are you?

Last edited by LowRyter; 11-02-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:46 PM
raspyc6
Le Mans Master

^the guy who finds it ironic you tell everyone and their brother to only use 87 octane in an LS3 motor as you post in a thread centered on supercharged applications. From where I reference LDB sent page after page of petrochemical engineer data-driven evidence of how your argument is intrinsically flawed on said subject. That said, you ignore the GM supplied manual's advice and insert your own as gospel. You think the E-force guys are going with 87 too? We both know they do not but again I found your post both ironic and amusing in a thread like this.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:46 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Thanks JN Randall....

Cool that some of the supercharged edlebrock corvettes have gone 50k miles trouble free....

That's a testament at how well engineered the system is.

Thanks for the heads up...

Last edited by JerriVette; 11-03-2016 at 07:47 AM.
jnrandall (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 02:09 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by raspyc6
^the guy who finds it ironic you tell everyone and their brother to only use 87 octane in an LS3 motor as you post in a thread centered on supercharged applications. From where I reference LDB sent page after page of petrochemical engineer data-driven evidence of how your argument is intrinsically flawed on said subject. That said, you ignore the GM supplied manual's advice and insert your own as gospel. You think the E-force guys are going with 87 too? We both know they do not but again I found your post both ironic and amusing in a thread like this.
I never told anyone to only use 87 octane. I said that 87 wouldn't harm a stock LS3 engine. It would likely degrade performance due to less aggressive engine map (retards timing). But I never said to use it (I don't use 87), I just said it won't hurt your engine. I ran 87 in '94 camaro and never had a problem.

I quoted the 2008 Corvette Owner's Manual and was the only person to post it in the thread to backup exactly what I said. Several folks disagreed with my reading of what I considered to be plain English. But I posted it for anyone to read. No one else posted it there but me.

Read what I said before you post something based on your faulty memory (I charitably give you the benefit of the doubt).

So far as chatting with Vic Jr. Hey, I was rightfully upset having the fright of my life by not having brakes on my motorcycle due to a faulty brake line. Perhaps I shouldn't have brought that rant here.

Now, the irony to all this. You're still nit picking the viability of 87 octane while wondering about the reliability of putting an aftermarket supercharger on a car? Really? That's a false equivalence. That's nuts.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:33 PM
mzeitler
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i just put in a deposit at Lingenfelter to do mine but going with maggie rather than edelbrock. Its going to them first of april.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by mzeitler
i just put in a deposit at Lingenfelter to do mine but going with maggie rather than edelbrock. Its going to them first of april.
No matter which S/C you get, it will generate heat like nothing you've ever had under the hood, especially at speeds below 40mph in the summer. The problem is compounded by the tendency of a C6 radiator to collect grit, twigs, and bugs down low. Sooner or later you're going to need to replace it. Strongly suggest you replace it with a DeWitt double-thick radiator when you have your supercharger installed, before you start having overheating problems.
LowRyter (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 06:25 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Eritosthenes
No matter which S/C you get, it will generate heat like nothing you've ever had under the hood, especially at speeds below 40mph in the summer. The problem is compounded by the tendency of a C6 radiator to collect grit, twigs, and bugs down low. Sooner or later you're going to need to replace it. Strongly suggest you replace it with a DeWitt double-thick radiator when you have your supercharger installed, before you start having overheating problems.
Where do you guys come up with this information. Totally false. Unless your are doing an all out build the stock cooling system will handle an eforce or a magnuson install just fine.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:36 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Forest.....

Originally Posted by Eritosthenes

Yeah... I think we took an entire FOREST for dirt, twigs, cat hair, and leaves out of the rad on your last visit.

That's what happens when you put a trailer on the back of your SUPERCHARGED C6 Vette (between the NPP MUFFLERS)

and load up the car to go camping in the woods!

Doc, that is one unique hauler you got there.... with over 100,000 miles..... I think Edelbrock should have you

and your car on their website!

I can only imagine the next time I'm gonna see you is for one of our A6 TRANSMISSION BUILDS.

Here's some of the highlights from your last visit...

Chuck CoW

Who says you can't HAVE FUN and take it with you!?!?
Old 06-24-2017, 12:31 PM
bgspot
Burning Brakes

Received 285 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by mzeitler
You ever get that SC??....

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock Supercharger

Old 06-24-2017, 02:34 PM
2L8LUZ
Racer

Has any aftermarket company come up with a larger intercooler expansion tank for these set ups? the only problem with the roots blower is the high IAT2 temps... This is the lifeblood for blower performance...
Old 06-25-2017, 12:48 AM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Yeah... I think we took an entire FOREST for dirt, twigs, cat hair, and leaves out of the rad on your last visit.

That's what happens when you put a trailer on the back of your SUPERCHARGED C6 Vette (between the NPP MUFFLERS ) and load up the car to go camping in the woods!

Doc, that is one unique hauler you got there.... with over 100,000 miles..... I think Edelbrock should have you and your car on their website!

I can only imagine the next time I'm gonna see you is for one of our A6 TRANSMISSION BUILDS.

Chuck CoW
Maybe. Everyone tells me the A6 is almost as bulletproof as the bottom end of my LS2. But who knows? You've done some remarkable things for my Red over the years, starting with your legendary transmission tune that Saturday afternoon in Tampa in 2007. It's hard to imagine there's even more you could do for it.
Chuck CoW (06-28-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 09:37 AM
86SC
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

i just bought my c6 a couple months ago and started looking at superchargers, i have a procharger on another ride. for the c6 i wanted something quieter unless i get on it, fit under the stock hood, and reliable. i was toying with putting heads and a cam in it but didn't want to open up the motor.. started to look at the edelbrock then i saw the price of 8200.00 this is just ridiculous to me.. i don't know what's going on with prices especially headers 2k?

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Supercharger