C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning the Sound on Pioneer AVIC-930bt

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Ahmer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tuning the Sound on Pioneer AVIC-930bt

So I was trying to compare the sound produced from my brand new AVIC I got installed in my car... Funny thing is that the bass sounds more whinny and not as deep as it did in the OEM unit.

What settings do you guys have this radio set at???

I have mine on LPF of 50 hz, loudness medium and "powerful" o nthe equalizer? Am I doing something wrong...

It sounds as if the bass definitely has a cliff where it just falls off... This could be the Low Frequency Pass Filter of 50 hz, but when I turn this feature off, I get a VERY distorted sound that makes my ears bleed...
Old 10-01-2011, 12:33 AM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I would post in the Audio section. I learned that most think the center speaker should just be left unhooked
Old 10-01-2011, 02:07 AM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

What interface adapter did you use? Sounds like the bose amps aren't kicking on. This happened to me w/ my c5z when i changed the head unit, and I actually had to use a jumper wire in the harness for my year. Then it sounded great.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:21 AM
Triumph Jerry
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahmer
So I was trying to compare the sound produced from my brand new AVIC I got installed in my car... Funny thing is that the bass sounds more whinny and not as deep as it did in the OEM unit.

I have mine on LPF of 50 hz, loudness medium and "powerful" o nthe equalizer? Am I doing something wrong...

It sounds as if the bass definitely has a cliff where it just falls off... This could be the Low Frequency Pass Filter of 50 hz, but when I turn this feature off, I get a VERY distorted sound that makes my ears bleed...
I set the bass booster on 2 on my Pioneer.
...jerry
Old 10-01-2011, 08:22 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

we need to know what harness you used
Pac has three
OS2CBOSE
OS2C
C2RGM24
Metra has one
GMOS04

sounds to me like you didnt connect the amp trigger wire(blue/white) on install
Old 10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Ahmer
Drifting

Awesome. Now it sounds fanatastic!!! I love this radio.

I also finally figured out how to dim the lights so it looks even cleaner at night...

Apparetly you hold the "Mode" button down in the settings menu and all of a sudden a hidden display menu pops up. Do it for Day and do it for Night.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:19 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Awesome. Now it sounds fanatastic!!! I love this radio.

I also finally figured out how to dim the lights so it looks even cleaner at night...

Apparetly you hold the "Mode" button down in the settings menu and all of a sudden a hidden display menu pops up. Do it for Day and do it for Night.

for normal dimming features
you connect the orange white wire from radio to the gray with black stripe on t/c/active handling button
this will auto dim the lights
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM
rmp
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Just had this unit installed and I get awesome bass; I do have a subwoofer and amp and amp for my other speakers but compared to my prior Alpine Unit, this is much better!

Old 11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Ahmer
Drifting

So I have had this unit for a while and now I am thinking that I need to replace the 3.5" speakers in my doors. So that the vocals don't go distorted quick...

I believe this is the problem because the new HU adds significant power to the crappy little (tweeter-less) 3.5" door speakers and they give out quick.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:10 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

That's weird, the bass was pretty loud and deep with my 930bt. I actually had to turn it down a bit. I have the non-bose speakers and professional installation done however.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuning the Sound on Pioneer AVIC-930bt

Quick Reply: Tuning the Sound on Pioneer AVIC-930bt