C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Make sure your e-brake is engaged....ZR1 is wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:31 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by lordofwar
there is no such thing as a accident,their is a "on purpose", unless you are hit from behind while stopped.i did not know it was a she.that helps explain it.i have done "stupid" things and paid for it with my body and money.i just do not like to tell everybody.common sence says put on your emergency brake if you have a stick and a long hilly driveway.if you cannot take the heat,do not show and tell such things.
Let us repeat - she freely admits it was an "accident" and that she should have set the brake, and usually does. As to the long hill, don't forget she was not parked on the long hill - she was parked on a level part of the drive at the top.

Regardless of what you think, we are all human beings. Accidents happen all the time. You are good enough to admit that you have made some in your life. But saying that you don't like to tell everyone comes typically from insecure people who don't want others to think they do stupid stuff even though they do.

Before Lisa posted this, she told me she wasn't sure if she should or not. I did not give her any advice because I know that it is a personal decision and there is really nothing to be gained for the person posting it. The gain is for people who read it and actually file it away as a reminder to not make the same mistake.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:27 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

WOW! You guys truly warm my heart. Thanks for all the kind words and watching out for me.

Don't worry though, I'm thick skinned. Someone like this individual doesn't hurt my feelings. The best thing to do is ignore the comments. He'll be hard pressed to have other members help him down the road when he needs it (and he will). What goes around, comes around. This is the 2nd time in about a week that I've been exposed to a truly brusque person.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:38 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Texas08C6
WOW! You guys truly warm my heart. Thanks for all the kind words and watching out for me.

Don't worry though, I'm thick skinned. Someone like this individual doesn't hurt my feelings. The best thing to do is ignore the comments. He'll be hard pressed to have other members help him down the road when he needs it (and he will). What goes around, comes around. This is the 2nd time in about a week that I've been exposed to a truly brusque person.
You're loved here and we're all down like 2 flat tires
Old 11-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Omg. I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm glad you are ok. That had to of been scary, but the important thing is you'll be ok. The vette can be fixed...hopefully the docs gave you more than Alleve for the road rash.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:12 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13
"I voluntarily took 60 days off from OT"

Atta girl Lisa....Reminds me of a while back when I screwed up and forgot to secure my car hauler's trailer hitch properly...The trailer popped off the ball while I was loading a truck on the trailer...It damaged the tailgate of my truck...Thankfully, nobody was hurt...I decided to post a thread about it over in CFOT in hopes it would prevent somebody else from making the same mistake...Yeah, I got a lot of greif over it (DUH...CFOT, what did I expect ) HOWEVER, if just ONE person double checked their trailer hitch that really needed to because of that thread it was well worth any embarassment it caused me..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...n-a-hurry.html
Old 11-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I got 4 pages of reading to do!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:33 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Dlinderman
Omg. I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm glad you are ok. That had to of been scary, but the important thing is you'll be ok. The vette can be fixed...hopefully the docs gave you more than Alleve for the road rash.
Thx - Vicodin, but I never got it filled. Like I said, I'm thick skinned.

Originally Posted by The NNIAL8R
Atta girl Lisa....Reminds me of a while back when I screwed up and forgot to secure my car hauler's trailer hitch properly...The trailer popped off the ball while I was loading a truck on the trailer...It damaged the tailgate of my truck...Thankfully, nobody was hurt...I decided to post a thread about it over in CFOT in hopes it would prevent somebody else from making the same mistake...Yeah, I got a lot of greif over it (DUH...CFOT, what did I expect ) HOWEVER, if just ONE person double checked their trailer hitch that really needed to because of that thread it was well worth any embarassment it caused me..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...n-a-hurry.html
Dan, I must've missed that thread. We hook up trailers all the time - hay haulers, cattle trailers, flat beds - you just can't be too careful on that stuff. And, I think it takes a pretty secure person to admit a mistake or error, especially when the thought is with others' welfare in mind.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Thx - Vicodin, but I never got it filled. Like I said, I'm thick skinned.

Thanks!
Tough farm chick!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:51 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Torchsport
Tough farm chick!
Yep, I am. But a soft hearted tough farm chick. I don't like to see children, animals or old people hurt. Just ticks me off!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Ten-Zing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I set my ebrake today with the car running and had to jump outta the car to go grab something from inside the garage. Sure enough I tested it by waiting and the car started to roll. I got a vert and the waterfall keeps me from pullin the brake far enough to make it actually work. Ebrake handle is nearly fully vertical before it'll hold the car in place on even the slightest incline/decline.

Reminded me of this thread... weird
Old 11-11-2011, 11:59 PM
shelleygraham
Drifting

I never ever trust my e brake. It doesn't fully work when really needed. This is a phobia of mine. I would rather turn my car off and put it in gear then take a chance, When I get out I feel like the car is moving !
Old 11-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

...And, I think it takes a pretty secure person to admit a mistake or error, especially when the thought is with others' welfare in mind.

Thanks!

...the corollary of course being that it only takes a small-minded, insecure person to rail against/put down another who stands tall and admits their mistakes, especially when the latter person doing so can assist others...

I think someone else quite worthy once said something to the effect, that "...only one who is unblemished should first criticize another..."
Old 11-12-2011, 12:06 AM
shelleygraham
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6

...the corollary of course being that it only takes a small-minded, insecure person to rail against/put down another who stands tall and admits their mistakes, especially when the latter person doing so can assist others...

I think someone else quite worthy once said something to the effect, that "...only one who is unblemished should first criticize another..."
I also agree but this was always a concern of mine. My e brake is NOT reliable on inclines when u need it most ! Flat land freaking car won't budge ! Go figure !
Old 11-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Shelley,

did you ever get your car fixed ? You posted about a gearshift problem.
If so, what was the diagnosis ?

Gary
Old 11-12-2011, 12:18 AM
BayouCountry
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

When I pull the brake handle I think of this thread and make sure it's properly set. Thanks for posting your mistake to help out others.
I also take a little extra time when jacking up my vette after reading about a forum member who dropped his vette off a jack.
Too bad some people don't get the picture. We are here to have some fun and learn more about our vehicles.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by blaforce
When I pull the brake handle I think of this thread and make sure it's properly set. Thanks for posting your mistake to help out others.
I also take a little extra time when jacking up my vette after reading about a forum member who dropped his vette off a jack.
Too bad some people don't get the picture. We are here to have some fun and learn more about our vehicles.
Truth be told...I also thought of it earlier today, when I used mine!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:50 AM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 545 Likes on 378 Posts

it is a shame about you and your car.after both are fixed it will fade away.i think you are more of a man then some of the men on this site.i have more respect for you than the whiners and keyboard commandos here.like i stated i have done stupid things and paid for it with my skin and my wallet.i learned from it and i remembered NOT to do that again.what does not kill you,makes you stronger.speedy recovery for you and your vette.post pics when you and the car are all back together again.

Get notified of new replies

To Make sure your e-brake is engaged....ZR1 is wrecked

Old 11-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

it is a shame about you and your car.after both are fixed it will fade away.i think you are more of a man then some of the men on this site.i have more respect for you than the whiners and keyboard commandos here.like i stated i have done stupid things and paid for it with my skin and my wallet.i learned from it and i remembered NOT to do that again.what does not kill you,makes you stronger.speedy recovery for you and your vette.post pics when you and the car are all back together again.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:04 AM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

Lisa, its good to hear you made it through relatively unscathed.

A similar incident happend to guy in C3 a few years back, I didnt read all 12 pages of this thread so excuse me if these were posted already:

Gruesome pics removed: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...cs-inside.html

Grueseome pic inside: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...-it-works.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...umber-two.html

Contians link to gruesome pic: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...lf-thread.html
Old 11-12-2011, 08:06 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

When I read this the first time my impression was that you are making progress. But now you are bashing the "whiners" who are taking a stand to defend a friend of ours. Frankly, I don't think there is anything more honorable than standing up for friends. I suspect you are not the asshat that you are coming across as, but just to be clear, you ARE coming across as one.

Quick Reply: Make sure your e-brake is engaged....ZR1 is wrecked