C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For anyone who has removed there interior door panels

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 09:54 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Looking at the photos I posted above, you can see that there are 2 different styles of these plastic fasteners.

I guess there is pretty much an equal amout of each of these 2 types in each door panel?

Ron,
They work together. The pins mount on the door panel and the receptacles mount on the door itself. the pins go into the receptacles to hold the panel on the door.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

wayback ..

Okie Dokie ... Now I understand
Old 10-29-2011, 10:34 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,570 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit1
Removed both door panels to replace the twiddler speakers. None of the pins or receivers broke so I reused them all. If you take your time and follow some of the techniques used on the Forum you should be ok. Many of us purchased extra pins and receivers prior to removing the panels as a precaution. That way the panels don't have to remain off in the event a pin breaks and you have to order the parts.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:16 AM
fastter
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Looking at the photos I posted above, you can see that there are 2 different styles of these plastic fasteners.

I guess there is pretty much an equal amout of each of these 2 types in each door panel?

Ron,
Yes, male and female pairs. Male on the door panel - female on the door.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:25 AM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
I have had my panels off several times and reused the old pins. My doors rattled almost from the beginning. In my C5 I put 3/16"s weatherstripping in between the pins because those doors really rattled. Worked like a charm, never got another rattle.
The C6 has a very slight rattle and at high volumes(High enough people come running and screaming out of their homes because they think the band is going by live ) I get a rattle at the top of the panel at the front. So this weekend I am going to put in the weatherstripping
My 11 GS drivers' door panel has horrible squeeks (crinkled plastic film sound) everytime my elbow touches it while just driving down the road (let alone any bumps in the road)..PLEASE post pics of how and where you install the weather stripping.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:56 AM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default You could be very right!

Originally Posted by Z16chevelleguy
Funny , when I removed my panels there were a couple broken @ each door. Only ones who had ever removed the panels were the stereo guys. Hummm I wonder, naw they couldn't have broken them. Must of came that way from the factory.
You just might be right, I wouldn't put it past GM.

Quick Reply: For anyone who has removed there interior door panels