C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Corral Rolex 24 2012

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:48 AM
C6LT1
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Corvette Corral Rolex 24 2012

This is the 50th anniversary of the Rolex 24 race. This year they have the Corvette Corral for us. Here is the info and only $45.00.
Two-day Grandstand & Infield ticket
Two-day unreserved grandstand & infield ticket with
Garage & Sprint FANZONE access, Jan. 28-29
Rolex 24 50th Anniversary event hat with Corvette logo*
Exclusive Corvette corral parking behind the Front stretch
Grand stands, with easy access to the infield trams, Jan. 28-29
Go to this address for more info.

http://floridacorvetteclub.com/activ...ages/r2412.pdf

Tom
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM
C6LT1
Instructor

Who is going, be great to see the first running of the Corvette prototype.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:43 AM
C6LT1
Instructor

Here is a good reason, besides the Corvette coral.

Tom
Old 01-16-2012, 08:09 PM
travette
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FANTASTIC NEWS…If any of you have DREAMS of driving your Corvette on the famous Daytona International Speedway, your dream has just come true! Chevrolet Racing and the Daytona Speedway have made an agreement to allow 150 Corvettes on the newly paved 2 ½ mile track at Daytona Speedway for a pace lap on Friday morning, January 27th at 8:00 a.m.
This is the first time since 2001 that Corvettes have been permitted to make a lap on the Daytona Speedway at an official sanctioned event. This opportunity is coming to every Corvette owner because of the recently announced Corvette Daytona Prototype that several Corvette teams will be racing during this year’s 2012 Rolex 24 Hour Race. *
You will need a ticket for Friday to participate in this very rare opportunity of driving your Corvette on the Speedway. The cost per person is $35. To Purchase tickets for this event, please contact T.J. Wagner, Corporate Sales Account Executive at Daytona Speedway, by phone at (386) 681-5529 or by email at twagner@daytonainternationalspeedway.com.
Click here for additional information http://www.daytonainternationalspeed.../Corvette.aspx (Please note the flyer says 100 Corvettes for the pace lap, but the approved number is 150 Corvettes for the pace lap.)
Please forward this information to your Corvette friends that you believe would be interested in driving their Corvette on the Daytona Speedway. This event is open to ALL Corvette owners.
Please tell anyone interested to sign up immediately because as of this morning over half the available pace lap tickets to drive your Corvette on the Speedway have been purchased.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 PM
C6LT1
Instructor

Just received a call from the Speedway asking if I wanted to drive Friday morning in the "Corvette Lap" around the Daytona Speedway. Now that was a hard question to reply too. Anyone else get the call?
Now how to get a picture of me driving, with me in the car. lol
Tom
Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by C6LT1
Just received a call from the Speedway asking if I wanted to drive Friday morning in the "Corvette Lap" around the Daytona Speedway. Now that was a hard question to reply too. Anyone else get the call?
Tom
Hey Tom - I'll c'ya there Fri morning for the Corvette Lap!!

My wife will be riding shotgun with her camera, so maybe we can get a picture.

Look for me in my Cyber Gray ZR1. I'll be with a buddy who will be in my DSOM Z06, so you should be able to find us.

Take a look at this thread in the AutoX/Roadrace section:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...-together.html

See post#1 in that thread for a map of the restaurant location,.

You can see that we've got about 16 of us so far getting together Friday night at Miller's Ale House (on ISB just west of the Speedway). We'll be meeting up at 7:00 Friday evening.

Are you in?!?!

Anybody who wants to join us please post up here, in that other thread, or PM me so I can get a fairly accurate head count for the restaurant to be able to handle us.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of Forum guys Friday morning, Friday evening, and over the weekend!!!

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 01-17-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: changed location to Miller's Ale House
Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 PM
nickTsandman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Purchased our tickets today. Looking forward to a great weekend in Daytona!
We have followed the the Corvette racing team in the IMSA series for the past few years. We have had our vette on tracks for several different fuctions, the tracks include; Lowes Motor Speed Way, Darlington, Bristol, Seibring, Road Atlanta, and Elkhart Lake (we missed Baltimore because of the early track time). It will be a blast do drive at Daytona!
Retirement is great.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Would love to be there Friday but work dictates .....

But I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. I have Corvette Corral and Pit Road Patio tickets
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C6LT1
Tom
Got my call also, Hoping BEZ06 gets my picture also. See you for dinner!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:44 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 05C6GAC
Got my call also, Hoping BEZ06 gets my picture also. See you for dinner!!!
Yeah!!! Lookin' forward to it!!!

Check the thread in the AutoX/Roadrace section:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...-together.html

I had to change the location to Miller's Ale House-Daytona. Post#1 in that thread linked above has a map. The restaurant is just down ISB toward I-95 from the Speedway, but on a frontage road just off the main drag. Post#1 in that thread has the map and instructions for getting there.

BTW, I just added a video link below of driving the Rolex 24 course, but I don't think we'll be able to go quite that fast!!

You can see on the video that there is a small track map that shows the Rolex layout with the twisties in the infield. I also added a track map below.

You can also see that when you get up on the banking you'll need to be looking out of the top-left of the windshield to look down the track. Also, when up on the banking, you need to maintain at least about 65mph or you'll just about fall off!! The Corvette Lap will be a lead-follow and there won't be any passing so it shouldn't be a concern, but you can't see anybody behind you very well. At HPDE's some of the drivers will set up their right rearview mirror so they can sorta have a look up and behind, but I wouldn't worry about it for our Corvette Lap.

I'm not sure, but I think we'll be staging for the Corvette Lap inside Gate 70 on the backside of the track. I think we'll be starting/finishing there instead of the normal pit area. I suspect we'll enter the track just before the Bus Stop (the chicane on the back straight just before entering NASCAR Turn 3.

I'll post up if I get some more info about it.

Bob

The track map below is sorta upside down - north is actually more toward the bottom of the map. I'm not sure, but I think we'll stage on the backside of the track on the Daytona Int'l Airport runway side of the track (probably enter through Gate 70). I suspect we'll enter the track itself just before Turn 8 into the Bus Stop, then go around NASCAR Turn 3/4, across the normal start/finish line (at the bottom of this track map), then turn into the infield, then out of Turn 6 onto the oval again to run NASCAR Turn 1/2 and down the SuperStretch (the back straight) to where we started after 3.56 miles!!

Last edited by BEZ06; 01-17-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Added video link
Old 01-17-2012, 09:43 PM
zrone90
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I will also be doing the lap. I think we have about eight cars from the Flagler County corvette club participating
Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by zrone90
I will also be doing the lap. I think we have about eight cars from the Flagler County corvette club participating
Great!!!

Will any of you be joining us for our evening get together at Miller's Ale House Friday night at 7:00PM???

Let me know if anybody wants to show up so I can let the restaurant know.

Bob
Old 01-18-2012, 07:29 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by zrone90
If anyone has an open passenger's seat, I have a guest that would love a ride around the track.

Thanks!!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

If anyone has an open passenger's seat, I have a guest that would love a ride around the track.

Thanks!!
I think I will.

I've got a buddy coming up from Miami and staying with me for the weekend. He'll be driving my DSOM Z06, and AFAIK he'll be solo.

I'll let you know for sure in a couple days.

Bob
Old 01-19-2012, 01:20 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks!!
Yes - I confirm I have a seat available for your guest.

Do they have a ticket? I don't know whether any kind of ticket/credentials will be required, but they might need a Corvette Corral ticket, or some kind of ticket fo the Friday racing, but I dunno!?!?

BTW, is anybody else planning on joining us 7:00PM Friday night at Miller's Ale House for dinner??

If you'll be joining us please let me know so I can tell the restaurant how many of us to expect.

Bob
Old 01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Yes - I confirm I have a seat available for your guest.

Do they have a ticket? I don't know whether any kind of ticket/credentials will be required, but they might need a Corvette Corral ticket, or some kind of ticket fo the Friday racing, but I dunno!?!?

Bob
Yes, they have tickets for the Mazda Corral.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Corral Rolex 24 2012

Quick Reply: Corvette Corral Rolex 24 2012