C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 11:22 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

I made prior contact with Southern Car Parts (SCP) for a custom B & B Bullet set up without mufflers and their pricing was attractive for brand new, straight from B & B in Phoenix. While I was waiting to get back to Arizona to cut down time in shipment from Phoenix, south 200 miles over Phoenix to Texas, I came across a sale on the forum for a C6 Z06 custom set without mufflers. Considering I almost always buy new, I went ahead and bought used due to the condition and uncertainty if it would be too loud or drone like crazy and wanted to remove it.

For anyone on the fence of wanting the B & B Bullets for C6 Z06 custom made WITHOUT mufflers, it is NOT THAT LOUD when installed on an otherwise completely stock C6 Z06.

Idle is slightly lower in tone but not loud. Where the B & B Bullets for C6 Z06 without mufflers sounds best, is rowing through the gears at high RPMs.

1st gear sounds best. Deep, low, loud.

2nd gear sound ok if you are ramping it up to redline.

And 5th gear at 1500 RPMs or 6th gear at 1200 RPMs really don't sound any worse with drone when compared to a stock exhaust with the fuse pulled.

Now, I can't guarantee anything beyond that such as, if you have a cam or longtube headers. I am certain, all exhaust notes will be amplified.

So anyone wanting an aggressive sounding exhaust, the B & B Bullets without mufflers does sound better than stock for sure, but not by much when your Z is still in stock trim.

I'd say its a wallet thing. Do you want to pay $1250 for exhaust that is slightly better than the stock exhaust and had bigger tips? Or save $1250 and add it elsewhere, such as cam or headers which will achieve a drastic difference, even through the stock exhaust.

For me, the price I paid was well worth the swap. But I honestly believe to maximize the full potential of B & B Bullets, one need to take their Z to the next level. (Cam, Headers).

But if I were to do it again and couldn't find a good deal on a used set, I would definitely order through SCP!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Glen Green 65
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed a B&B Fusion Dual Mode system on my '03 and am very pleased with the sound and the ease of installation. I talked with their tech person before I started and he answered some questions so my install was fairly straight forward. I did not get vacuum from the HVAC line that B&B suggested as I could not get to it. I used the power brake booster hose. It comes from the same fitting that B&B suggested (which is located on the back of the intake manifold). I have had it installed for about a month and no issues.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:03 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Old 03-14-2016, 09:41 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for the orders, we do appreciate the business.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:26 AM
RailroadsilverC6
Instructor

Ordered my b&b prt wednesday.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:30 PM
fq-300
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Not sure how flooded your message box is, but I sent correspondence four days ago with questions regarding one of the exhaust systems on your website. I also sent an email through your website as well and have yet to receive a reply. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:36 AM
fq-300
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you for reaffirming my decision to spend my money elsewhere. Bewildered by how a proposed Forum Sponsor deems it appropriate to reply to members questions by displaying what appears to be an "automated" reply showcasing the products they sell. Not one returned "pm" after two separate attempts, spanning a week of time and not one returned email through their own website. Goes without saying that service after the sale must be a nightmare.

Other members, refer to this thread that I discovered as well before finalizing a decision:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...parts-com.html

I was really hoping my first official post would be of a "positive" nature, but did not want anyone else to engage themselves in what feels like a pointless process.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:48 PM
StrykerZ06
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Love my Billy Boat Exhaust

Just curious if anyone has had a problem with the tips being pitted on the inside? My C6 GS is a garage queen and is only out on the weekends when it's not raining. Not sure how to remove them or even if I can?
Old 05-05-2017, 08:38 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by StrykerZ06
Just curious if anyone has had a problem with the tips being pitted on the inside? My C6 GS is a garage queen and is only out on the weekends when it's not raining. Not sure how to remove them or even if I can?
I don't know of a way to remove them since they're welded. But give us a call at 888-631-1433 and we can investigate further.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Moonrunner
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Not stock sound at cruising speed at all.

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
I'd suggest the BB PRT system...great sound when your really in the gas, but stock sounding during cruising. What year is your Corvette?
I have BB PRTs on my base 2008 C6 and they are too loud and drone at most speeds around town. The wife hates them and they are nearly as loud as my C3 with a 454 and chambered exhaust inside the car. The drone pretty much goes away above 50 mph then is back around 65 then gone again by 70 and up. My C5 is MUCH quieter with Corsa Sports until accelerating the C5 above 3500 rpm. And the Corsa is truly no drone. Don’t get me wrong, the BBS sound pretty good but I wanted the sound at idle and more than casual acceleration. They are droney under light acceleration. More aggressive acceleration actually drones very little. I guess I just prefer the Corsa.

Last edited by Moonrunner; 10-12-2017 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Better explanation
Old 10-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Eth
Intermediate

Just installed bullets on my base 2007 c6 auto, coupe.
By the time I got home (11 miles) my right ear was ringing like a bell.
Just ordered ear plugs from Amazon.
BE WARNED

Last edited by Eth; 10-13-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Eth
Intermediate

The preceeding long post is nothing but Southern Car Parts attempt to negate the posts prior to their post. Ask yourself if you want to do business with such a vendor.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:59 PM
BillytheKidder
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

We have PRT Axle backs on our '07 base z51 coupe. Sounds great at idle and under acceleration. I don't know if what we hear at cruise (we usually run just under 80, so that's just under 2000rpm in 6th) is "drone" or not, but it doesn't bother us. When we leave the lake house we are going out onto a 55MPH road, so you have to accelerate pretty quickly, although I'm usually driving, it's music to my ears when I'm standing outside and Mrs. Kidder gets on it leaving the house.

Last edited by BillytheKidder; 10-14-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:12 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Eth
The preceeding long post is nothing but Southern Car Parts attempt to negate the posts prior to their post. Ask yourself if you want to do business with such a vendor.
I'm not sure what you mean...I'll tell anyone that asks that the B&B Bullet is the loudest system you can get for the C5, and that it's prone to cabin drone. Generally I find this is information that many people are already aware of. It's the reason B&B also makes the PRT system (less drone, same traditional muscle car tone). Then again, we sell more Bullet systems than PRT systems because this stuff does come down to personal preference and I can't tell each individual what their tastes are.

Your post hasn't been removed for interfering with the sale thread because I have no desire to negate anyone's personal experiences about these systems. I figured your intention was to provide useful information to future customers, not to pick a fight with a vendor.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:28 AM
Eth
Intermediate

In answer to your question, your post was extremely long and duplicative. You had posted that information on the thread previously.
This is a tactic used by several companies who sell their services to negate negative information (they bill themseves as reputation defenders). They flood the thread with long, repetitive posts to push contrary information several pages back.
Delete my postings, don't delete them...my point has been made. In the event that I have misjudged your intent, you have my apologies.

Last edited by Eth; 10-15-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:48 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Eth
In answer to your question, your post was extremely long and duplicative. You had posted that information on the thread previously.
This is a tactic used by several companies who sell their services to negate negative information (they bill themseves as reputation defenders). They flood the thread with long, repetitive posts to push contrary information several pages back.
Delete my postings, don't delete them...my point has been made. In the event that I have misjudged your intent, you have my apologies.
The post is long because it's meant to be informative. And this thread is an advertisement for a product line that I personally am a big proponent of for quality reasons. B&B really does make exhaust systems that in my experience suit the needs and expectations of Corvette owners better than any other company's. And I believe being informative is the whole point of advertising on this forum, and as I said before it's the reason I think people's experiences with the products are worth hearing about.

There's no other game being played here...but it sounds you've had negative experiences with companies with ugly business practices, heavens knows I have too.
The following users liked this post:
BBExhaust (11-27-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 02:06 AM
2017Z06
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought from Southern Car Parts the AFE power black series momentum carbon fiber cold air intake system for my 2017 Z06. Also bought Billy Boat Z06 Fusion Gen. 3 Axle back exhaust system and X-Pipe 3″ with cats.

Hope it sounds good.

Get notified of new replies

To Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Old 11-26-2017, 09:21 AM
ddp99
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billy Boat X-Pipe

Last year I installed the Borla Touring axle back system on my 2007 base coupe. The cabin drone was horrible and the noise level peaked at 2000 RPM which made it very unpleasant to drive around town. Borla didn't offer any assistance and told me they didn't have a problem with drone on their exhaust systems. I added more sound proofing and installed the exhaust venturis to try to tame the drone. The venturis shifted the peak drone level to a higher RPM but it didn't fix the problem. I finally tamed the drone with the Billy Boat X-Pipe with resonators. (Part # FCOR-0438) In addition to taming the drone, the quality of workmanship (welds) and fit was much better than the Borla's.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:05 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ddp99
Last year I installed the Borla Touring axle back system on my 2007 base coupe. The cabin drone was horrible and the noise level peaked at 2000 RPM which made it very unpleasant to drive around town. Borla didn't offer any assistance and told me they didn't have a problem with drone on their exhaust systems. I added more sound proofing and installed the exhaust venturis to try to tame the drone. The venturis shifted the peak drone level to a higher RPM but it didn't fix the problem. I finally tamed the drone with the Billy Boat X-Pipe with resonators. (Part # FCOR-0438) In addition to taming the drone, the quality of workmanship (welds) and fit was much better than the Borla's.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:38 AM
dsmith1523
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there. I just got my 2006 C6 AT6 2 weeks ago, completely stock, 36k miles. I have been wanting exhaust, the wife is very against spending more money on the vehicle... but... I'll deal with her another day. The B&B Exhaust has caught my attention with the actuator or closing/opening of the valve manually. Years ago my friend had a butterfly valve put on his pickup truck and I was amazed. Is that essentially what the B&B Fusion system does? In the cabin, I could open/close the valves when I wanted to? Is there anything extra needed to be purchased with the Fusion set to be able to do that? Or does the Fusion come with that control kit?

Just in the research stage at the moment on my end.

Regards,
Dustin

Quick Reply: Billy Boat Exhaust Systems