C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just found out I can use my GM Credit Card $ on Service...

Old 11-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Just found out I can use my GM Credit Card $ on Service...

Hi all,

Just saved myself $170.00 on Service by using my GM card dollars. Thought it was only for a new car, but now service and parts are included

Not sure how many know about this, but now I have some incentive to use their card more. It will help pay for my brakes when the time comes...

Take care,

Steve
Old 11-26-2011, 10:42 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,919 Likes on 4,805 Posts

News to me, that is quite a benefit, thanks for the info. I guess that means you can order a set of wheels thru the dealer and have them installed using your GM card dollars.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure interested in learning more about this, as haven't been able to use my GM card dollars on recent car purchases, due to other discount plans used. I'll be looking into this, as my card dollars are starting to expire.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:08 AM
HighPro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula52
Hi all,

Just saved myself $170.00 on Service by using my GM card dollars. Thought it was only for a new car, but now service and parts are included

Not sure how many know about this, but now I have some incentive to use their card more. It will help pay for my brakes when the time comes...

Take care,

Steve

This is good news. Thanks for the post!!!!!

Erwin
Old 11-26-2011, 11:48 AM
warren s
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

I hope this is outdated material from the GM Card website.....

Can Earnings be used for parts or service?
No, Earnings can only be used towards the Total Purchase Price or lease down payment of an eligible new General Motors vehicle.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:51 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,919 Likes on 4,805 Posts

Originally Posted by warren s
I hope this is outdated material from the GM Card website.....

Can Earnings be used for parts or service?
No, Earnings can only be used towards the Total Purchase Price or lease down payment of an eligible new General Motors vehicle.
Wondering the same thing I just left their site to check on my card, and there is nothing to indicate you can use the card for anything other than a purchase of a new GM vehicle.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:06 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Nice i just got my gm card a couple of months back and have a very good amount of points/money accrued... Thanks for the info
Old 11-26-2011, 12:26 PM
DFA
Pro

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts

That's interesting, I'd like to know more........
DFA
Old 11-26-2011, 12:38 PM
brianz51ls3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used 250 max on some gs floor mats and color matched door handles
Old 11-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Cyber2010
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish there was something official. I have a lot of money sitting on my earnings account.

As a slight aside does anyone know if earnings can be used on GM certified used vehicles?
Old 11-26-2011, 01:18 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,095 Likes on 807 Posts

This is news to me and would be great if this is the case
Old 11-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette5.5
I'm sure interested in learning more about this, as haven't been able to use my GM card dollars on recent car purchases, due to other discount plans used. I'll be looking into this, as my card dollars are starting to expire.
I have a GM card as well and plan on using it to purchase my first Corvette in the spring. If you don't mind my asking what was the discount plan you used that kept your accrued GM card dollars from being applicable to your purchase?

These are the exemptions listed on the GM card website.

GM Employee Purchase Programs;
New Vehicle Purchase Program (NVPP);
PEP, the GM Dealership Employee Purchase Program;
and
the GM Supplier Discount Program.

I'm now concerned that the two non GM employee discounts could keep me from being able to use the card dollars I've accrued.

I understand if you don't have an answer I just thought I would ask.

Thank you,
Greg
Old 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

I've heard nothing about it.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregory123
I have a GM card as well and plan on using it to purchase my first Corvette in the spring. If you don't mind my asking what was the discount plan you used that kept your accrued GM card dollars from being applicable to your purchase?

These are the exemptions listed on the GM card website.

GM Employee Purchase Programs;
New Vehicle Purchase Program (NVPP);
PEP, the GM Dealership Employee Purchase Program;
and
the GM Supplier Discount Program.

I'm now concerned that the two non GM employee discounts could keep me from being able to use the card dollars I've accrued.

I understand if you don't have an answer I just thought I would ask.

Thank you,
Greg
Happy to share my situation. Bought a ZO6 when they first came out, and no one was accepting discounts on these. Was able to get GM employee on my current daily Pontiac, so no GM card there. Keep in mind, it's really the dealer that has the last say, sometimes even overstepping the official GM card offer limit. My dad bought a year end Buick while the dealer was relocating, and they gave him everything on his GM card, all rebates and other discounts to get it off the lot. Similar thing happened to my brother, even waving several months lease of his trade in. My sister in law just got a high demand 12' Chevy Equinox, and dealer allowed the $3K GM card money. Guess if one dealer wont work with you, try another.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Happy to share my situation. Bought a ZO6 when they first came out, and no one was accepting discounts on these. Was able to get GM employee on my current daily Pontiac, so no GM card there. Keep in mind, it's really the dealer that has the last say, sometimes even overstepping the official GM card offer limit. My dad bought a year end Buick while the dealer was relocating, and they gave him everything on his GM card, all rebates and other discounts to get it off the lot. Similar thing happened to my brother, even waving several months lease of his trade in. My sister in law just got a high demand 12' Chevy Equinox, and dealer allowed the $3K GM card money. Guess if one dealer wont work with you, try another.
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it!
Best,
Greg
Old 11-26-2011, 04:12 PM
DFA
Pro

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts

This is a limited trial offer that is being mailed out to some people. You can only participate if you get the mailing. I spoke with the GM Card people today. I'm not on the list
I was told that depending on the response to the trial program they will then make a decision to open this up to all GM Card owners. It is not just Corvette owners.
DFA
Old 11-26-2011, 04:22 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

To be clear. the deals they made had nothing to do with the GM card. GM card earnings are not related to the dealers discounts in any way. The dealer is not overstepping the GM card limit. They are simply making the best deal then you get the GM card earnings in addition to the best deal. Employee pricing is a whole 'nother story btw.

I've never heard of being able to use GM card earnings for service either, but let's not forget that there are more than one type of GM card.

Get notified of new replies

To Just found out I can use my GM Credit Card $ on Service...

Old 11-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

Just read my mailer over. Said it is for a limited time until 4/30/2012
And up to $500.00 for Service, Parts and Accessories.... It also said the offer is for select Cardmembers....

Hope they keep it going......... Then I will use that card more frequently. I get it on my Subaru card....

Last edited by Formula52; 11-26-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:22 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula52
Just read my mailer over. Said it is for a limited time until 4/30/2012
And up to $500.00 for Service, Parts and Accessories.... It also said the offer is for select Cardmembers....

Hope they keep it going......... Then I will use that card more frequently. I get it on my Subaru card....

The Lexus card also lets you use points for service. They let you charge up to $10,000 on the purchase of a new car so you start with a lot of points.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Wass
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

I received a post card stating I could use $100 of my GM Card earnings for service/repair, so I had new front pads installed. The post card has instructions for the dealer for applying the discount.

I had 91,000 miles on the original front pads, and could have gone at least a few thousand more. Rears were replaced at about 70K.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just found out I can use my GM Credit Card $ on Service...