C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeff Hardy Memorial Fund Disappointing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Default Jeff Hardy Memorial Fund Disappointing!

I started a Memorial fund for Jeff Hardy on 12-12-11 link to post

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...r-the-ncm.html

After the overwhelming response to the post announcing his death I felt that enough money could be raised to place a nice plaque in his honor at the NCM. I received an email from Megan at the museum today informing me that the amount raised so far is just $185.00. This is somewhat disappointing considering all the members that his website helped in finding their dream Corvette.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Yes, I am surprised that the amount is not higher. I know that many are really busy this time of year and I myself have been meaning to make a donation but kept putting it off because I have been very busy. I hope that the memorial fund will stay active into the new year when hopefully more will find the time to make a small contribution.

I just took a few minutes and called Megan and contributed $25. It's not a lot but if more people would just take a minute to do this, it would add up quickly.

Really it only took less than a minute to do it and who of us that have a Corvette couldn't afford a small donation?

I encourage anyone that used Jeff's website to look for your car (even if you didn't find it) to take a minute and make a small donation to honor a fellow Corvette enthusiast.

Randy
Old 12-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Being serious in this thread, I do believe, people who used his site or knew of him, if they can afford a little something this time of year, it would be fitting for Jeff to have a Brick at the museum. Give, if you can.

Last edited by Racer; 12-22-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: missed the k in knew
Old 12-22-2011, 05:25 PM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

I called earlier in the week and Megan was on the phone or away. I was also going to be away so I figured I'd just call back later. Well today is certainly later. I haven't bought a single Christmas gift for anyone yet but I have finally called Megan even though I never used Jeff's site for anything other than browsing.

A valuable Corvette enthusiast has died, people. All Rick is trying to do is get a memorial dedicated. Take your childish behavior somewhere else.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 PM
fastter
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Being serious in this thread, I do believe, people who used his site or new of him, if they can afford a little something this time of year, it would be fitting for Jeff to have a Brick at the museum. Give, if you can.
Well said!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Being serious in this thread, I do believe, people who used his site or new of him, if they can afford a little something this time of year, it would be fitting for Jeff to have a Brick at the museum. Give, if you can.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:14 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I would just like to say after cleaning up this thread that there has been an effort lately to allow much more leniency on this site and less moderation. However threads that deteriorate like this one make me second guess that decision.

On topic...if you would like to make a donation contact Megan at the NCM
Old 12-22-2011, 06:16 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
I called earlier in the week and Megan was on the phone or away. I was also going to be away so I figured I'd just call back later. Well today is certainly later. I haven't bought a single Christmas gift for anyone yet but I have finally called Megan even though I never used Jeff's site for anything other than browsing.

A valuable Corvette enthusiast has died, people. All Rick is trying to do is get a memorial dedicated. Take your childish behavior somewhere else.
I can absolutely second this motion and call for action! Thanks to all for reminding me.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Vette Nut
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Jeff's site to search for Corvettes quite often just for fun. Started looking for a New GS a year ago. I found it using his site. Doubt if i would have found it otherwise. I know things can be hard this time of year but i am calling tomarrow with a $ 25 Donation and i challenge anyone else who has found their car using his site to do the same. You know who you are !

R I P Jeff
Old 12-23-2011, 08:15 AM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Originally Posted by Vette Nut
I have used Jeff's site to search for Corvettes quite often just for fun. Started looking for a New GS a year ago. I found it using his site. Doubt if i would have found it otherwise. I know things can be hard this time of year but i am calling tomarrow with a $ 25 Donation and i challenge anyone else who has found their car using his site to do the same. You know who you are !

R I P Jeff
Thank you Sir and Merry Christmas to you are yours.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Vette Nut
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttt for the cause
Old 12-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

I mailed a $25- donation today...

Jeff's site helped me find my ZR1 last year. I learned about Jeff from the CF, and knew via the same that he was quite ill throughout 2010. I donated to his site after completing the car purchase. Despite being sick, he immediately wrote back expressing his heartfelt gratitude...

May his efforts & memory be a blessing to his family, and to the larger Corvette community which he so obviously loved...

Gary
Old 12-23-2011, 05:50 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

How long will donations be accepted? Only asking because i would much rather do it in a couple of weeks once i pay off those credit cards ive been abusing for Christmas.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
I mailed a $25- donation today...

Jeff's site helped me find my ZR1 last year. I learned about Jeff from the CF, and knew via the same that he was quite ill throughout 2010. I donated to his site after completing the car purchase. Despite being sick, he immediately wrote back expressing his heartfelt gratitude...

May his efforts & memory be a blessing to his family, and to the larger Corvette community which he so obviously loved...

Gary
Thank you so much Gary. It is the time of giving and it makes most people feel good to contribute to such a worthy cause.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick HendrickAtlanta
Thank you so much Gary. It is the time of giving and it makes most people feel good to contribute to such a worthy cause.

thx--not a problem at all.

It certainly is, and all of us have many things to be thankful for, on balance...

Get notified of new replies

To Jeff Hardy Memorial Fund Disappointing!

Quick Reply: Jeff Hardy Memorial Fund Disappointing!