C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Tire Monitor in DIC

Old 01-24-2012, 07:42 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Default Service Tire Monitor in DIC

It showed up on the DIC during a trip I took on Sunday. I've got "Low Pressure" before but never "Service Tire Monitor". I switched through the DIC and got to the front where the front R said XX. A few days before that it said 28 so I new it was a bit low but this day it's on XX. The manual doesn't say much about the cause. Only mentions changing wheels might screw with it which I have not.
Anyway before I posted here I went out to make sure of the message Service Tire Monitor. I couldn't remember if that's what it really said. Before I started it I figured I'd put some air in that RF tire. I pumped it to 31lbs. Got in and started it up and no Service Tire Monitor showed up and RF tire is showing 31lbs same as the other 3.
So I'm only posting this in case any of you get the same message on the DIC with XX on any of the tires. Instead of going and getting the TPMS relearned maybe you can solve it by just adding some air.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

A fix is a fix, glad it was free.

Some people have this happen once or twice and never again, others discover it's the first sign of a dying sensor. Fortunately, not expensive to fix. If you are still on the original sensors, the batteries could be getting old after ~7 years.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Buffalo3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just by coincidence three hours ago I got caught in a wicked downpour with the rain and near-hail blowing sideways across the road. My Service tire monitor popped on and the left rear tire registered XX on the DIC. I made it home and an hour later checked the tire pressures with my handheld gauge and all read 30 psi. Tomorrow I'll add 1 psi and see if that cures the TPMS problem. Thanks for the post.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:52 PM
VetinaVette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a reply to an older post but just happened to me driving from OKC to Tulsa. The TPMS icon blinked then came on steady. I didn't get any low pressure warnings just the tire monitor service message with "XX" on the left front. I got out to check the pressure for peace of mind.

I let the car set for a couple of hours then started it back up, message is gone and pressure is reading good. I verified it with a PSI gauge.

Get notified of new replies

To Service Tire Monitor in DIC

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service Tire Monitor in DIC