C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great experience w/County Corvette in West Chester, PA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Great experience w/County Corvette in West Chester, PA!!!

I just wanted to share the most pleasant car buying experience I've ever had. Jim Jordan and the guys @ County Corvette were nothing but super nice, pleasant, professional and very helpful.

I've bought & sold a lot of cars so far & buying this Corvette from County Corvette was, by far, the best experience I've had to date.

I went in to look at the car on Wednesday. Jim came out to greet me & got the keys for the car. I looked it over, told him where I'd be looking to be on pricing pending driving it (He had the car there on consignment) and he gave me a tour of the entire facility while the car was pulled out of the showroom.

Most other times that I have gone to look at cars that were kept in the showroom, I have encountered ridiculous people telling me no test drives or we have to get a deposit etc first. Fresh in my mind is the leftover GT500 I went to look at back in October. It was in the dealer's showroom. I checked it out & then, of course, wanted to drive it. I've owned several Mustangs and cars faster than this GT500. I got the standard GT500 buyers don't want miles on the car when they buy them. Sure, I get that, but who would buy it w/out driving it unless you previously owned a GT500? Also, I love Mustangs (I've owned 5 so far), but it is just a Mustang. Reminds me of the '05 Elise I went to look at a couple weeks ago at a very small lot & was refused a test drive b/c of the same bs. Dude, it's a 7 year old 20k mile $30k car. Not a new Lamborghini. I guess b/c I arrived in our '12 Fiesta, he figured I don't have the $ or experience w/cars like that.

Anyway, the County Corvette facility is top notch. Very clean and very organized. A lot of nice cars in there being worked on. I did't even know this place existed until someone on the forum told me to look there for a car. Now I have a local Corvette shop that I will definitely be taking my car to for some maintenance and once the modding begins. They even did some body/paint work on the Corvette that I bought & it certainly looks to have been done right & the paint matches perfectly.

Jim certainly knows his stuff and he seems to eb a very down to earth guy. The conversation during the test drive was even good.

Found a couple minor things on the car that I wanted to have done. Jim was more than gung-ho on making the car to my liking before I took delivery without trying to hit me for more $ to do it. We settled on an agreeable sale price for the car, I gave a deposit on it and he got to work on taking care of PA inspection and the other item in question.

He touched base with me on Friday morning. The part was slated to arrive Monday so it would be ready then. Great, no problem at all.

While I had him I wanted to verify whent he oil was changed last since this car was maintained by his shop for the past few years. He informed me it was changed 1,800 miles ago. Perfect don't need to do it yet so let me hold off on that for now. Jim gave me a free oil change anyway. Awesome! There's something most places would never do!

The part ended up arriving early Friday afternoon so he gave me a call to let him know that it'd be ready after 4 PM. I arrived around 4:15 to take delivery of my car.

Started to do the usual paperwork and, to my surprise, he gave me a 30 day warranty on the car. Obviously he did not have to do that. Especially since this was not his car as it was simply on consignment at his shop. He said that he was giving it to me b/c he's seen how I drive and I don't "drive like an ahole."

I really don't see anything else Jim could have done for me. He went way beyind above & beyond on this transaction. He certainly has my future business and if anyone I know buys a Corvette, or even another toy that they don't trust anyone else to work on, I will definitely recommend County Corvette to do any and all work.

Thanks you very much for the great experience and super easy transaction.

Regards,
Tom
Old 03-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

What did you buy?

I know Jim and his shop is top notch. This is the type of place that should be selling new Corvettes because you can get quality service after the sale.

I have a trip planned for May 12th for our Corvette club to tour the restoration shop. This will be the thrid time we have done this and Jim is great to offer this to Corvette clubs.

Take a tour of his shop

Last edited by Vette_DD; 03-25-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Take a tour of his shop
Okay to post good words about a non-forum vendor, but too much specific info. is not allowed, including URLs.

Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such mentions cannot be so specific (address, phone number, e-mail address, URL, price, part number, offer to send contact information via PMs, etc.) or so frequent that they become marketing and promotional references.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:47 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Congrats on getting what I assume is a Corvette. Can we assume that you'll be changing your avatar pic?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Congrats on getting what I assume is a Corvette. Can we assume that you'll be changing your avatar pic?
Yes & yes. Once I get the windows tinted I'll take good pics.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:21 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,348 Likes on 778 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

This is a business model that has long been forgotten by most. Congrats on the Corvette!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BearZ06
This is a business model that has long been forgotten by most. Congrats on the Corvette!
True & thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To Great experience w/County Corvette in West Chester, PA!!!

Quick Reply: Great experience w/County Corvette in West Chester, PA!!!