C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiesbaden, Germany C6 repairs

Old 03-26-2012, 04:58 AM
swampmaster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiesbaden, Germany C6 repairs

Ok, I moved to Wiesbaden back in October 2011 and the car was delivered with a dead battery. The local GM dealer could only order one, so, I ordered an Optima myself from Autozone. About 8 days later it's here; problem solved. Yesterday, the passenger side window quit working and makes the cracking noise and slow operation. It only goes about half way up and stops. Plenty of threads on that issue, but I don't have the tools nor a good place to replace the motor and regulator myself. The local Cheverolet and Opel dealer says they don't work on US spec GM's. It doesn't have to be a dealer but I need to find a service center to fix the window problem. Anybody know how to get a Vette worked on in or near Wiesbaden?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

That dealer sounds like an idiot,I'm sure they could have removed the door panel and asses the situation.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:06 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by swampmaster
The local Cheverolet and Opel dealer says they don't work on US spec GM's.
Weird - they can do it just the same as on a euro spec c6...

Callaway is about 1.5 hours away in Leingarten

this thread has a few shops listed: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...n-germany.html
Old 03-26-2012, 08:33 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Opel in Franfurt worked on my Vette to replace the torque tube. However, Hans or Franz crossed my O2 sensors on reinstall. Took it back and they swore they were correctly installed. I thought, bad 02 sensor? Either way, you can try Opel in Frankfurt, Geiger Corvettes in Munich, and a last resort is ACP in Euskirchen. They rebuilt my engine after a failed lifted, but their tuner played air/fuel mixture games that cause detonation in the #4 cylinder.

I used to work on Weisbaden Air Field but there is a car care center at the Mainz-Kastel PX area. Its toward the back. Always busy and the guys are knowledgeable to assist you. Bays were $5 and hour and lifts were I think $7 an hour. You can sign out whatever tools you need.

Even if you dont use the Mainz-Kastel shop, at least go check it out. You can always do your own oil changes in the open pit bays.

When you enter the base, turn left at the shoppette and travel about 30-45 seconds if that. The shop is on right side. If you come around to the car wash, you passed it.

Good luck!! Wish I was back in Weisbaden.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiesbaden, Germany C6 repairs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiesbaden, Germany C6 repairs