C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iphone/bt and microphone placement

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Cavi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iphone/bt and microphone placement

I just picked up my 2006 yesterday and I need bluetooth, I would like ipod also, but if I do ipod it would live in the car. Anyway it seems the unit from isimple is nice and can be used with the bt module, but from what I understand I can only answer my phone if the unit is set to the BT mode, which means I would have to listen to music via BT from my phone, not from the ipod which would be hooked to the other aux port. This is a problem for me as it will run down my iphone battery unless I plug it into a charger, which most of the time I am too lazy to do.
Option 2 is to run a parrot system, which is what I am leaning twords.
Is it feasable to run the ipod conector from isimple, and still run the parrot? This seems that it would give me the best of both worlds.
Where do most people mount their mic? Anyone have a picture of it mounted? Is there a more discreet mic available? The one that came with my uconnect for my truck is more of a flat mount and really unobtrusive, I am considering trying to splice on into the parrot
Old 04-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Cavi
Pro

I am also considering just running the Parrot and not using an ipod just running mp3 cds as I can get alot of songs on a cd in mp3 format, I just do not get the song names. Has anyone had any issues running the mp3 cds?
Old 04-15-2012, 05:22 PM
dobber
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went a different route but I think I got all of what you want...blue tooth, ipod/iphone connection, etc. I bought a Pioneer 930 nav head unit, it came with blue tooth. I have so many ways to listen to music with that head unit it is ridiculous. I can use an Ipod with a cord I ran in my glove box, my iphone via the same cord, my iphone via bluetooth (which is great), a usb memory stick or the micro sd card in the front of the head unit.
Anyway, back to your question, my microphone for the bluetooth is attached to the left side of the drivers sun visor and it works great there. The mic is black so it blends with the visor color.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:37 PM
DC321
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also went aftermarket for BT, nav and Iphone. In fact, i just installed the Kenwood 9990HD this week and I love it.

I have a 9980HD for sale, btw.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Cavi
Pro

I went that route in my 94 C4 but in this one I kind of want to leave the stock stereo.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:45 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Get a 09 or newer base radio it has the aux for iPod and buy a Bluetooth unit for the visor
Old 04-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Cavi
Pro

no I am decided on the parrot unit and I will live with the mp3 cds

Get notified of new replies

To iphone/bt and microphone placement

Quick Reply: iphone/bt and microphone placement