C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, how do YOU park?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Default So, how do YOU park?

We have had a few posts on this, so let's just come right out and ask: How do you park you Corvette? (I'm not talking about some clunker-1995 Honda)............(paragraph) If you are going to park in a parking lot that is relatively empty- (let's say a parking lot that holds 100 cars but there are only 30 cars parked in it close to the doors), do you take the time to park way out away from everyone? Or would you get as close as possible to the door and squeeze in between two other regular cars like everyone else?.......(paragraph) And if you DID take the time to park out away from everyone else's car and some smart a$$ thought he'd tick you off by squeezing in next to your car so that you had to bump doors- would that make you mad? If you take the time to park way out away from someone and you want to park at an angle and take up two spaces- knowing that no one will need them before you get back to your car, do you see anything wrong with that? Let's get some opinions on all of this, please.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

I park as far away from everyone no matter how many cars are in the lot. Some stores i wont go to with the vette because parking lot is too small.
The following 3 users liked this post by Don-Vette:
blownbayou (11-09-2021), Diamonddave60 (12-01-2021), s7n7a7k7e (11-07-2021)
Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When in a parking lot, I try to park with my drivers side next to a curb and give myself plenty of room. That way I will have plenty of room to get in and out. Other than that I do stay away from tight spots and crappy cars.
The following users liked this post:
corvettekent (09-01-2019)
Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

search button...

park nose in, away from cars, up hill, against a curb, not in lane in and out of lot for best results.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:34 PM
SEVETGO
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Far away as possible from other cars and always back in
The following 3 users liked this post by SEVETGO:
BMF_C6 (11-07-2021), Diamonddave60 (12-01-2021), Silver c6 z-51 (12-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2012, 12:35 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I take the time to park away from other cars, usually in an end spot so no one can park on one side of me. I won't park at the far end of the lot but almost. If there is a spot next to a handicapped spot with one of those hatch marked areas next to the empty spot I will take that and get as close to the hatch marked area without going over the line.

When I'm on a trip and have to park in a hotel lot I always try to get a spot away from grass or shrubs, I hate coming out to a car soaked by sprinklers.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:35 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In general, I almost always park at an end space, with a curb or shrubbery protecting one side of the C6. I almost always find a remote, but highly visible and/or well lit area to do so. End spaces out in East Bumfawk, basically.

Yes, I have returned to the car to find a beater parked right next to me, but if there is no visible damage, I don't really care, other than to wonder what the schmuck was up to. There has never been any visible damage, so it's only a potential issue for me. Others have gotten door nicks and dings. I've just been lucky in that regard, although my choice of end spaces has helped, I believe.

I would NEVER take more than one space, no matter how I thought I could rationalize it. People who do that have an unwarranted sense of entitlement, I think, and that attitude is likely pervasive in the rest of their lives. There's a word for them, and it starts with 'A'. Several words, now that I think about it.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:53 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I usually park against a shopping cart pen. At least one side of the car is protected. I'll sometimes park at the far end and walk in but more often than not when I come out someone is parked next to me and usually it's a sh#t box.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:57 PM
ohmy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I park just like any other car, in a regular parking space...

actually, one of the best things about the Corvette is the plastic body panels - no door dings...

last thing I want to become is one of those **** owners who make fools of themselves by parking miles away from the entrance and have their cars stand out from everyone elses bc their "precious" car is so fragile
The following 2 users liked this post by ohmy:
Dave Carney (11-09-2021), KevDude (11-07-2021)
Old 04-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

WOW!! These (the first 8 posts) are exactly the way I park my Corvette. And to think: yesterday everyone treated me like a nutcase because I wanted to protect my car.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:59 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,920 Likes on 4,806 Posts

I park in one of the end spots, wherever there is one available close or not.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I usually park off to the side away from the general parking crowd in the designated space. I do this with all my cars. I have parked next to special cars to shield them from damage, hopefully explains the why that beater parked next to you. Other people do care.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Actually I always park relatively close to everyone else. There's always some dumb kid in parking lots looking to mess up a nice ride.... I kinda try to hide it in between the two nicest cars I can find.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:09 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by J Willis
WOW!! These (the first 8 posts) are exactly the way I park my Corvette. And to think: yesterday everyone treated me like a nutcase because I wanted to protect my car.

The treatment has nothing to do with how you park
Old 04-24-2012, 02:15 PM
SpryGeezer
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 04-24-2012, 02:24 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I am always on the look out for what I call a 50/50 spot, one on the end or the row so no one can park next to one side of the car, then you only have a 50 percent chance of someone parking next to you, so that is where I got 50/50.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:32 PM
wombats777
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-17-'18-'19, '21,'24

Originally Posted by ohmy

actually, one of the best things about the Corvette is the plastic body panels - no door dings...

last thing I want to become is one of those **** owners who make fools of themselves by parking miles away from the entrance and have their cars stand out from everyone elses bc their "precious" car is so fragile
I just park it like any other car.

Get notified of new replies

To So, how do YOU park?

Old 04-24-2012, 02:49 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,300 Posts

Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

And no disrespect to the OP either.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:54 PM
SDB_FTW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
I would NEVER take more than one space, no matter how I thought I could rationalize it. People who do that have an unwarranted sense of entitlement, I think, and that attitude is likely pervasive in the rest of their lives. There's a word for them, and it starts with 'A'. Several words, now that I think about it.
Absofreakinnlutely. Double parking in the middle of nowhere does nothing. If someone wants to be an a$$ and hug your car, do you really think they care about double parking RIGHT NEXT to you? Probably not. Also, I've known people that have gotten their car keyed precisely because they double parked. A friend of mine had a '93 Mustang GT convertible keyed with the letters "LEARN TO PARK". He hasn't double parked since.

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
I usually park against a shopping cart pen. At least one side of the car is protected. I'll sometimes park at the far end and walk in but more often than not when I come out someone is parked next to me and usually it's a sh#t box.
You're kidding, right? Park next to a shopping cart pen? Do you know how many kids are tasked by their parents to return the cart, only to "superpush" the carts into the bin from 20 feet away? I've seen it several times.

"Little Jimmy, please return the cart while I start the car."
"Ok, mom."
(superpush cart towards pen from 20 feet away)
(cart veers right, and crashes into car parked next to pen)
"OOPS! Hope mom didn't see..."

You are bolder than I!!!

Quick Reply: So, how do YOU park?