C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has the Corsa Extreme installed on an AUTOMATIC C6 Grand Sport!!!???

Old 04-28-2012, 09:50 PM
hw3__
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who has the Corsa Extreme installed on an AUTOMATIC C6 Grand Sport!!!???

looking for comments from those who have this system on an AUTOMATIC C6 Grand Sport!!!

Corsa states: "Fits 2005-20xx Corvette C6's with all transmissions. Not acoustically recommended for automatic transmissions (i.e. it will drone)"

1) So it does DRONE!!! but how bad??? those who have this system installed could you state your honest opinion on the resonance you experience at various RPMs???

2) (Assuming you had the NPP exhaust and witness the terrible stock drone on highway use with the valves OPEN!) how would you say the Corsa Extreme's DRONE/RESONANCE compares to the Stock NPP Valves OPEN Drone???
Old 04-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by hw3__
looking for comments from those who have this system on an AUTOMATIC C6 Grand Sport!!!

Corsa states: "Fits 2005-20xx Corvette C6's with all transmissions. Not acoustically recommended for automatic transmissions (i.e. it will drone)"

1) So it does DRONE!!! but how bad??? those who have this system installed could you state your honest opinion on the resonance you experience at various RPMs???

2) (Assuming you had the NPP exhaust and witness the terrible stock drone on highway use with the valves OPEN!) how would you say the Corsa Extreme's DRONE/RESONANCE compares to the Stock NPP Valves OPEN Drone???
I have corsa sport and it doesnt drone. Why not get that instead of the extreme? The sport is plenty loud at wot.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:20 PM
George L
Heel & Toe

I have a 2011 Grand Sport Convert. with the Coprsa Sport. Love the sound. No drone and not too loud. Also great sound when you "'get on it"
Old 04-29-2012, 03:26 PM
01VETTECOP
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

He is asking EXTREME not Sport
Old 04-29-2012, 03:44 PM
George L
Heel & Toe

I wanted to point out the Corsa Sport could be a viable option to the extreme for him!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:45 PM
RadarP3C
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a 2007, automatic that I've had the Xtremes on for almost 5 years now.

In the 1600 to 1800 rpm range you will hear a slight drone. Any higher or lower rpm, no drone. I've heard a lot worse with other exhausts. In 6th gear, this is around 75 mph which is average interstate speed around here.

When on the interstate, just cruising around 75 mph, I usually keep it in 5th gear for two reasons. One, this keeps the rpm's up slighter higher so I have a better response to get out of the way of the many crazy drivers on the road. Two, since I'm cruising at a higher rpm, no drone. I've also not noted any noticeable gas mileage effects by running slightly higher rpm's in 5th gear at 75 mph.

My advice would be to go for the Xtremes. I had them for about 3 months and thought they were nice. Then I put on Kooks headers and then they became great. If you're cruising at a speed/rpm that the slight drone is not manageable to you, shift down a gear.

Last edited by RadarP3C; 04-29-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP
He is asking EXTREME not Sport
I know but I'm suggesting the sport instead of extreme as it is plenty loud at wot when you want it to be doesn't drone at cruise. Best of both worlds.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:04 PM
7thgeneration
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts

Corsa Extreme with X-pipe = no drone at least with my C-5.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:36 PM
RoadVettes
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

RadarP3C is correct. I have the Extreme's on my 6spd manual 2009 coupe. The problem is the slight drone in the 1400-1600 rpm range in 6th gear only. This is a typical rpm range for highway cruising. With the manual you just drop it into fifth gear if it bothers you. You can do the same with the automatic, but I guess Corsa just wanted to note it for those that just keep their cars in "D" mode.

Charlie

Get notified of new replies

To who has the Corsa Extreme installed on an AUTOMATIC C6 Grand Sport!!!???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who has the Corsa Extreme installed on an AUTOMATIC C6 Grand Sport!!!???