C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

plasti-dip for paint protection?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Default plasti-dip for paint protection?

Read the current plasti-dip threads. Wondering if it would be worth the effort/expense? Say, the clear -dip with or without the glossifier applied as a bumper mask for a road trip/vacation then later easily removed when you desire.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 AM
madmax4499
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have thought about the clear dip for fall/winter, looks like you cant go wrong as it peals right off!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Spoolin8
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have sprayed it on my car numerous times for Autox events to prevent rock chips. The trick is to put a thick enough coat on so that peeling it off is very easy. I have never had any problems with it and i have used it on just about every part of the car (paint, headlights, windows, rims, exhaust..).
Old 10-13-2012, 08:09 AM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 87 Posts

Be advised,the clear on its own does not peel off as easily as the regular Plasti-Dip. I put six coats of it on a set of wheels and it took an hour per wheel to get the stuff off.

It began to flake a week or so after I put it on. I consider it my own trial/error though. I've never seen it advertised as a protectant.

Get notified of new replies

To plasti-dip for paint protection?

Quick Reply: plasti-dip for paint protection?