Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
TrekWater88
CF Senior Member

Brian J. Stankis xGuiTarOnex
Default For Those Considering NRBM (Night Race Blue Metallic)...

...A few questions:
1) Would you order this color without having seen it in person first?
2) Which 4LT/3LT interior color, Cashmere or Titanium?
3) For those with Cashmere, do you like it? Any regrets? Harder to keep clean, etc.?

Cyber Gray/Titanium interior is my alternate choice.

Thanks in advance for the help, Brian
TrekWater88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Supercrewbear
CF Senior Member

Have you thought about the 4LT in Dark Titanium with blue stitching? I think that would look great with the Night Race Blue exterior... Night Race Blue wouldn't be a problem for me sight unseen except for pictures - I ordered my pickup in a blue color sight unseen and I've never regretted it! I just knew I wanted blue.

I have the 3LT Cashmere on my black GS. I like it being light inside - it makes the car feel a little larger inside (to me) and I don't have a problem with keeping it clean. I will occasionally scuff the door jam or lower door panel with my shoes but it's not that big of a deal.

Good luck!

Supercrewbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
TrekWater88
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercrewbear View Post
Have you thought about the 4LT in Dark Titanium with blue stitching? I think that would look great with the Night Race Blue exterior... Night Race Blue wouldn't be a problem for me sight unseen except for pictures - I ordered my pickup in a blue color sight unseen and I've never regretted it! I just knew I wanted blue.

I do like the Titanium with the blue stitch, but I want a blue Corvette also. I think the Cashmere would be a good contrast. I think the Blue will also be fairly rare. Don't see many Cashmere interiors though...just curious in the forum's opinions...Thanx
Old 05-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
mpuzach
CF Senior Member

I personally wouldn't buy any color without seeing it in person first. There's simply too much at stake. It's particularly important with Night Race Blue IMO. I've seen it in person in different lighting conditions and am amazed at what I saw. Believe me when I say that under overcast or cloudy skies it looks like metallic black; you have to look hard to see any hint of blue. The blue comes out a little more in bright sunlight but it's still easy to mistake for black. If you're looking for a color that is clearly blue and not black, I don't think Night Race is your color.

As for the interior, I'd go with 4LT for sure. My first choice would be all ebony with blue stitching. A very close second would be ebony/dark titanium (also with blue stitching). I wouldn't even consider cashmere regardless of exterior color - I just don't like it.

If you go with 3LT, you could get all ebony or ebony/titanium. (Note that the titanium in the 3LT is significantly lighter in color than the dark titanium in the 4LT.) In addition, with the 3LT titanium you could choose between solid titanium or two-tone ebony/titanium seats, with or without embroidered flags. Colored stitching is not available with 3LT (4LT only).

Here are a few pics of Night Race Blue. Decisions, decisions.

Click the image to open in full size.
mpuzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #5
bearphoto
CF Senior Member
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

I've already obtained my price quote on the nite race blue, titanium interior with blue stitching, 6 spd, nav, hud, blue top, basically the 4LT interior but i think its called 1sc, cup wheels, npp and full width spoiler. About 77k through Fitchner.

I'd like to see the color in person before i place my order however the dark blue and dark blue top is sharp imo.
bearphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #6
TrekWater88
CF Senior Member

Decisions, decisions.

I know, right? I do like the darker blues, but I think my opportunity to see one in person may not be possible. I'm looking to order around Father's Day, but don't think any local dealers will have one that soon. If not I'll go with Cyber Gray 4LT with Titanium interior and blue stitch. I think the appeal of the one year color run has me wrapped around the axle...

Thanks for the feedback, Brian
Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
TommyV
In Vette We Trust
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Sandy Eggo/ Mods: Vararam, LG Pros, Corsa Sports, CoW tune, 160, Koni FSD's, Nitto Invos, DBA 5000 rotors, Pipedreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpuzach View Post
Damn that's a sweet car.
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
Foxer55
CF Senior Member

I ordered the titanium interior on my 2010 GS and was really, REALLY disappointed because the seats and door trim are grey but all the carpets and most of the interior trim are black. I didn't want a stinking hot black interior. Compare this to a cashmere interior which is ALL cashmere. If I wanted a black interior I would have ordered a BLACK interior.
Foxer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
TNTC4VETTE
Will work for HPDE time.
Support Corvetteforum!

Geeteego

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekWater88 View Post
...A few questions:
1) Would you order this color without having seen it in person first? YES
2) Which 4LT/3LT interior color, Cashmere or Titanium? TITANIUM
3) For those with Cashmere, do you like it? Any regrets? Harder to keep clean, etc.?

TNTC4VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
MidYearRoadster
CF Senior Member

What is that old saying???? LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP....it might save you a lot of grief...
MidYearRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I wouldn't buy any color I hadn't seen in-person. I'd want to be absolutely sure I liked the color before spending that kind of money. Considering how long I typically keep a car that's a long time to live with a color I wasn't 100% happy with.
Lingenfelter 403 Conversion, LG Pro Headers (coated), Corsa Sport Exhaust, Lingenfelter CAI, Accusump, LGM Coil-Over Suspension & Bump-Steer Kit, T1 Sway Bars, Pfadt Control Arm Bushing Kit, Elite Eng. Tunnel Plate & Oil Catch-Can, SKF Racing Hubs/Bearings, AP Racing Brakes, DRM Brake Ducts, Custom Roll Bar, Sparco Seats, Wide-Booty, CCW C10 Wheels,
Setup: LG Motorsports

Thanks to: 21st Century Muscle Cars
Wayne O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
incabird
CF Senior Member

I got to see the car shown in the thread at the Bash and really liked the new blue. It is very dark. I think it has a very rich quality to it. The metallic flakes really show well in bright sunlight. It is similiar to the Cyber gray in that it looks very different in low light and bright light conditions.
incabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

When GM announced the Cyber Gray for the 2009's, I knew I wanted one(had been asking for a dark charcoal gray for the Vette for years), but I had reservations, especially with the blue metalflake.

Went to the Black Hills Classic in July 2008, and the GM engineers had a new 09 ZR1 that was in the new Cyber Gray, showing it off. It was dirty, but I could tell the color was exactly what I had been wishing for. Got home from Yellowstone on July 25, my local dealer got a new Cyber gray Z06 the day before, and I drove it home on Monday the 28th.

For me, I could have ordered the Cyber Gray sight unseen as it turned out to be perfect for me, but you never know. Color is a major part of how satistifeid you will be with your car. A color you don't like, and you end up owning one, and you will be unhappy with your costly purchase.

Being a new color, I'm sure that one of the larger Corvette dealers in you area will have one in stock shortly. Contact them and ask them to let you know when their first one arrives(even if it is pre-sold). Then high tail it over and take a look.
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #14
ptaylor_9849
CF Senior Member

Many recent corvette colors are somewhat muted in low light such as Supersonic Blue, Cyber Gray and most likely, Race Blue. Therefore, having an interior color that pops a little might actually be a good thing. If you're giving serious thought to Race Blue, I would definitely consider cashmere whether it be 3 or 4 LT. Here's my black C6 with cashmere and my Cyber Gray with Titanium for your review:

ptaylor_9849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpuzach View Post
I personally wouldn't buy any color without seeing it in person first. There's simply too much at stake. It's particularly important with Night Race Blue IMO. I've seen it in person in different lighting conditions and am amazed at what I saw. Believe me when I say that under overcast or cloudy skies it looks like metallic black; you have to look hard to see any hint of blue. The blue comes out a little more in bright sunlight but it's still easy to mistake for black. If you're looking for a color that is clearly blue and not black, I don't think Night Race is your color.

I walked past that car half the day before I realized it wasn't black.
R&L's C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
designerRob
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekWater88 View Post
...A few questions:
1) Would you order this color without having seen it in person first?
2) Which 4LT/3LT interior color, Cashmere or Titanium?

1) if I REALLY wanted it, but most likely no
2) Ti
3)
designerRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #17
thedigitel
CF Senior Member

I'd go with two tone ebony / titanium
thedigitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
TrekWater88
CF Senior Member

Thanks for all the feedback, it's greatly appreciated. I have seen all of the interior color combinations and the variety of stitching options and I agree with the opinions about the cashmere interior. Of the cashmere interiors I have seen, the 4LT is the nicest IMO...just the right amount. In the 3LT, there is just TOO much cashmere for me. I would NOT do cashmere with Cyber Gray. As far as the exterior, I do like the Cyber Gray the best of the current colors. I prefer blue, but the Carlisle and the Supersonic are not dark enough for my taste. Like many have said, without seeing it in person, I'm not willing to take that leap of faith, especially for my first EVER Corvette purchase. I will keep checking the local dealers and see what shows up. Thanks again, Brian
Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #19
Corvette ED
CF Senior Member

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling

I would order it with red interior

2007 Corvette Conv Victory Red/Cashmere/Cashmere, 3LT, Z-51, Chrome Wheels, Automatic, Onstar
23 Past Corvettes Owned

HOME OF AMERICA'S OLDEST BREWERY YUENGLINGS
Corvette ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #20
DonOH
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I would have to see it first in person.
I think cashmere would look great with it.
DonOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:05 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page For Those Considering NRBM (Night Race Blue Metallic)...

Tags
bash, blue, c6, corvette, cup, images, latest, metallic, night, race, racer, sport, supersonic, wheels, zr1