C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z style splash guards for base coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:58 PM
gr1634
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Z style splash guards for base coupe

Hey gang - I read somewhere I could mount Z06 type splash guards on my base coupe - with some modification. I don't care for the OEM style - they are just to "thin" while the Z06 type have a bit more meat. Anyone done that? Have ZR1 spoiler and side skirts on now and think the bigger splash guards would add to the look. Any pics??

GR
Old 05-18-2012, 09:16 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

I have done a couple of sets. What you need to do is cut out the webbing inside the rear guards so you can fit them to the C-6 rear quarter panels. You will also need a heat gun to heat them up so they can be formed. Get some VHB (very high bond) double sided tape to stick them to the body panel. The top part of the guard is difficult to attach by using the VHB tape so I use a #4 round head screw to secure the top of the guard to the inner fender lip.

All of this may sound difficult but it is really not if you just take your time. Look at my avatar closely to see what they look like installed.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:23 PM
gr1634
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Splash Guards

Monkey

Pic looks great and seems to be just what I am looking for. Where did you get the guards (dealer?) Did you do front as well or just rear?

GR

Get notified of new replies

To Z style splash guards for base coupe

Quick Reply: Z style splash guards for base coupe