C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JWMotoring seat kit kit installed. Turned out awesome! With PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

Default JWMotoring seat kit kit installed. Turned out awesome! With PICS!

I installed the JW Motoring seat rebuild kit after talking to another member who told me that he was quite pleased with the kits he bought for his car. I am EXTREMELY pleased with the result of this project. The job was a piece of cake, too.

My car only has 7k miles on it. I had trouble believing that cars with under 10k miles would have tears in the seat foam, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I'll let the pictures tell you the rest of the story.

Tear is 3/4" deep. At least that. It was probably 8" long as you can see in these pictures. Arrows indicate the torn spot.

This is the part of the frame that does the tearing. Then, it appears to sit in the torn spot and allow the leather to sag and develop deep creases.

Mine was developing some slight creases, but after installing the seat rebuild kit, it filled the outside seat cushion bolsters right back out. The slowly developing creases in my seat were bugging me a little bit, and honestly I can't even see them now. It seriously looks better than brand new. My car looks like it's never been used before.

Thanks JWmotors. My seat looks awesome now.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:28 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Thank you for your business and the post!

For anyone else interested this is the product that brought those seats back to life
http://www.shop.jwmotoring.com/produ...&categoryId=31
Old 05-27-2012, 01:39 PM
cegusa
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did this as part of a a seat upgrade this weekend (seat back with flag logos.) I was lucky enough to enough to not have any tears or separation. I only have a couple thousand miles so had my fingers crossed. As an additional step, I cut some strips of flexible leather that I glued into the slot of the bottom cushion that actually sits on top of the seat frame. Not sure it was needed but I had a pair of leather chaps from my motorcycle days that I grew out of and figured what the heck. I was only able to drive around for a half hour or so after completing things but can tell already I'm gonna like this. Really an easy upgrade to do. Probably the hardest part was re tying the draw string knot and keeping the string snug.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

I WILL be getting this kit when I replace my worn out seat cover later this summer.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cegusa
I did this as part of a a seat upgrade this weekend (seat back with flag logos.) I was lucky enough to enough to not have any tears or separation. I only have a couple thousand miles so had my fingers crossed. As an additional step, I cut some strips of flexible leather that I glued into the slot of the bottom cushion that actually sits on top of the seat frame. Not sure it was needed but I had a pair of leather chaps from my motorcycle days that I grew out of and figured what the heck. I was only able to drive around for a half hour or so after completing things but can tell already I'm gonna like this. Really an easy upgrade to do. Probably the hardest part was re tying the draw string knot and keeping the string snug.
Yeah, the string in mine was really loose from the factory. I know the instructions say to tie it right where it was from the factory, but I counldn't resist the urge to tie mine a little bit tighter. The way it was from the factory you could lift the cushion off the frame a little bit because it was so loose.
Originally Posted by Easy Rhino
I WILL be getting this kit when I replace my worn out seat cover later this summer.
I think you'll be pleased with it. I was just out in the garage looking at the seat again, and I still can't believe now nice it turned out.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:26 PM
thomas1737
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any Memorial Day special on this kit?
Old 05-27-2012, 04:04 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Nicely done
Old 05-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by peter pan
Nicely done
Thanks man. Nothing ruins a nice looking interior like a worn out looking seat. Now it looks crispy brand new like a fresh $100 bill.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:45 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Jorday
Thanks man. Nothing ruins a nice looking interior like a worn out looking seat. Now it looks crispy brand new like a fresh $100 bill.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:53 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To JWMotoring seat kit kit installed. Turned out awesome! With PICS!

Quick Reply: JWMotoring seat kit kit installed. Turned out awesome! With PICS!