C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

#$!%^*%#$ Nail in tire - happy ending

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default #$!%^*%#$ Nail in tire - happy ending

Picked up a nail in the left rear sidewall edge on the GS - tire is trashed with only 700 miles on it.

GY road hazard coverage kicked in and will pay the entire cost, including mounting and balancing. Jim Ellis Chevrolet in Atlanta will handle directly and seek reinbursement from GY, saving mea ton of hassle. And money.

Kudos to Jim Ellis for handling on my behalf. From what I understand, not all GM dealers will do this.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:28 PM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

Paying for such insurances never feels good, but when it saves you some serious money it sure feels nice. Unfortunately where I live it is not legal to sell road hazard with a happy ending.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by mitchydkid
Paying for such insurances never feels good, but when it saves you some serious money it sure feels nice. Unfortunately where I live it is not legal to sell road hazard with a happy ending.
I didn't pay for road hazard insurance. It is part of the standard GY new tire warranty for both EMT and non-EMT tires. Road hazard damage is fully covered for one year or up to 2/32" of tread wear. If more than 2/32" the cost is pro-rated.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:03 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by Aviator
I didn't pay for road hazard insurance. It is part of the standard GY new tire warranty for both EMT and non-EMT tires. Road hazard damage is fully covered for one year or up to 2/32" of tread wear. If more than 2/32" the cost is pro-rated.
Little known fact. Lucky always works for me.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:43 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

had gy. replace 2 of mine free , even found out if you dont like the ride within a certian period of time they will replace the tires with any other brand they carry.
see alot of threads on this prob.,stop by discount and have them print you off a copy of the g/y warnt.....you will be surprised at whats covered.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Happy endings are always good! Year's ago when I first bought wider wheels with Z06 tires one of the brand new rear tires was punctured by 3 nails at once (like from a Paslode nail gun). It couldn't be repaired. Since the new Z06 supercar tires came as a package (pre-mounted) on the new wheels from the wheel manufacturer there was no warranty on the tires. I had to eat the cost of the replacement tire. I'm glad your tire replacement was covered.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Awesome it worked out

Get notified of new replies

To #$!%^*%#$ Nail in tire - happy ending

Quick Reply: #$!%^*%#$ Nail in tire - happy ending