C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEEDHELP:Chevrolets giving me the run around. Who doyou think should be responsible?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:59 AM
AmitZ06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEEDHELP:Chevrolets giving me the run around. Who doyou think should be responsible?

Hello,

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 w/ 39k miles. I do have a aftermarket warranty with VehicleOne Only modification I have is a Halltech MF103 Intake and ZR1 Body kit. I do not track my car.

About 6 months ago, I had a problem with my Z. The rear shaft broke, which also led to the differential casing being broken.

I took my car to Champion Chevrolet in Houston, TX where the did the repairs. Both shafts, seals were replaced. As for the differential, they rebuilt it. All worked was completed under the aftermarket warranty.

3 Months ago, I noticed a grind in my transmission after shifting. So I took my car to Mac Haik Chevrolet (different Chevrolet dealer) of Houston, TX. Mac Haik removed the transmission and replaced it with another one. All repairs seemed to be fine, until I took my car back for an oil change.

I took my car to Mac Haik Chevrolet in Houston, TX, so they could perform an oil change. When the oil change was completed the tech advised me that there was a leak by the oil pan in my car and it needed another gasket. The aftermarket warranty took care of the repair bill and that was fixed. After that repair, the tech advised me there was another leak by the transmission and rear differential and shafts. They fixed the leak by the transmission, they said it was the transmission pump. They also said they could NOT fix the leak by the differential, because it was Champion Chevrolets fault, due to a improper installation of seals when they installed the shafts and differential. And I would need to take my car to them.

The following day I took my car to Champion Chevrolet, so they could complete the repairs. The service advisor had me wait until the could figure out the problem. I was then denied service because Champion Chevrolet said they were not liable, because Mac Haik worked on the car and caused the problem when the completed the transmission work. So they told me to take my car back to Mac Haik.

The following day I called my service tech advisor Russel at Mac Haik. Russel had talked to the supervisor at Champion Chevrolet and they talked it over and said for me to take my car back to Mac Haik. My service advisor Russel had gone on vacation and I was forced to deal with another man. His name was Phil. I dropped my car off and they put me in a loaner vehicle. I got a call around 5PM the same day from the supervisor Bryan Caldwell. He denied the service, because he said it was Champions Chevrolet's fault, because they did the work on the differential. He also said that I'd be charged for the loaner car, which I think is completely wrong, only because I was told to bring my car back and "they would take care of it."

Long story short, no one wants to take responsibility. Champion Chevrolet says its Mac Haiks fault. Mac Haik says its Champion Chevrolets fault. Not sure what I should do. I've taken my car from dealership, back to dealership, back to dealership and still haven't had the problem fixed. All parts that have been replaced are now under Chevrolets factory warranty except seals.

I would really appreciate the help,

Thanks!

Old 07-24-2012, 10:05 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Why are the seals not covered under warranty? I would find another dealer to change the seals. Seals are covered under the drivetrain warranty, mine where changed 3 months ago.
good luck.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:33 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

is there still a drivetrain warranty on an '06? that said, why isn't the Vehicle One picking this charge up? maybe you need to ask Vehicle One because if the dealer's aren't being paid, they won't perform the service. plain and simple.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,046 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

One lesson from this:
If possible, stick with just one dealer or shop for all your work.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I can understand why the first shop doesn't want to correct their alleged error if another shop messes with the same component (or if the work is 'connected' enough to create a reasonable doubt). It seems to me the key is what the warranty provider is willing to do, if anything. The warranty provider may not be willing to cover faulty workmanship by a dealership. Unfortunately, at this point you may have created a question as to who's responsible. You might consider getting some 'clarification' from the warranty provider and see what they're willing to do under the circumstances. I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up paying for this one. Let us know what happens and good luck!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:09 PM
AmitZ06
Pro

VehicleOne already covered the costs. But now the parts that were repaired are leaking. Like I mentioned all parts now are covered under factory warranty.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 PM
AmitZ06
Pro

Any job completed by Chevrolet are covered under a 12,000/1year warranty. I'm well within the time and mile range.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

yes, you can be well within the range, but if you can't get either dealer to agree to do the work, then what? then, you either get them to agree, or you go elsewhere. at this point, I'd keep working with whomever is allegedly on your side and wait for that person to return/take up the lead.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

AmitZ06,

I'm sorry, I know this must be frustrating. Could you PM me your information (name, number, address, VIN) so I can check in on your situation?

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
AmitZ06,

I'm sorry, I know this must be frustrating. Could you PM me your information (name, number, address, VIN) so I can check in on your situation?

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service
That sounds like a plan! Seems the runaround is about to end ...
Old 07-25-2012, 10:46 AM
topper7788
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 07-25-2012, 10:57 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

When you get work done,warranty or not,parts are covered for at least 1 year or 12k. So, they are both passing the buck here. In the future,if I were you,I'd stick with 1 dealer for all warranty work so this doesn't happen.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:59 AM
topper7788
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

While defective GM parts are covered for 12/12..,

Faulty installation is NOT..

Old 07-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Let us know how this turns out. Good luck, hope Chevy CS gets this resolved for you.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:46 AM
J.J.D.O.
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel for you. Hopefully the Customer Service Rep above can get this resolved for you. That's just BS. Somebody needs to step-up to the plate.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:05 PM
AmitZ06
Pro

Evan,

please check your inbox. I pm'd you the information you needed.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To NEEDHELP:Chevrolets giving me the run around. Who doyou think should be responsible?

Quick Reply: NEEDHELP:Chevrolets giving me the run around. Who doyou think should be responsible?