C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fogged Head Light Lens

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Georgiagirl20
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fogged Head Light Lens

Had someone try to clean my headlight lens and was told the seal is gone. I found Lens on Corvette Central online but they come with no instructions. No shop or dealer in the Northern Virginia area even realize there are replacement lens available. I have a 2007 C6 Corvette, the car looks pretty good except for the lens which takes away from the over all
appearance. What is a woman to do? Help!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:12 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Are you talking about the lens has that whitish look to it, or do you really mean foggy inside the lens?
If it is the whitish look, they do make a lens polishing kit that is available at most of the major auto parts store.
If it is fog inside I may be able to find the instructions on how to replace the lens itself. Dealerships don't make this well known as they would rather sell a complete head light assembly.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:19 PM
CBRXX
Racer

Do it yourself or ship it out....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...t-service.html
Old 07-31-2012, 08:00 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

had some thoughts, sent you a pm.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Georgiagirl20
Heel & Toe

Default Fogged lens

Originally Posted by TR6speed
Are you talking about the lens has that whitish look to it, or do you really mean foggy inside the lens?
If it is the whitish look, they do make a lens polishing kit that is available at most of the major auto parts store.
If it is fog inside I may be able to find the instructions on how to replace the lens itself. Dealerships don't make this well known as they would rather sell a complete head light assembly.
The lens appear to be fogged from the inside. Of the three dealerships I contacted (two were Chevrolet, one was a private Corvette. dearlership exclusively), one Chevy dealership said they couldn't guarantee the work. The other said send the link on Corvette Central because they didn't know that the lens existed. One Chevy dealership said to try leaving the lights on all day to burn away the condensation. If there are instructions available somewhere, just maybe I can find someone willing to install the lens. Do you know where I might find the instructions. I haven't driven the car because I want it to look right! Just call me vain!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I Googled this and here are some places to check into. I am thinking a couple of phone calls might get you going in the right direction. Good Luck ...

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...iw=944&bih=501
Old 07-31-2012, 10:20 PM
MKenM
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 120 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18,'21

If I might make a suggestion. I know you want it to be perfect but taking the car out for an hour or so with the headlights on will probably get the condensate out if in fact that is what it is. The worst that could happen is that it doesn't work but what the heck you were out driving your car.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 AM
child_of_fire
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i get this in my fog light. im still under warranty. i wonder if its even worth complaining about. anyway, i feel your pain. leaving the lights on and burning it off will only work until it gets wet again. i've tried.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Georgiagirl20
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by PaulB
I Googled this and here are some places to check into. I am thinking a couple of phone calls might get you going in the right direction. Good Luck ...

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...iw=944&bih=501
Thanks Paul for your reply. I am following up on all leads I get from the forum. Somewhere out there are answers and I plan to find them. I want my corvette to have "clear lens again. Help is out there!
Dannie
Old 08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

PM sent

2008 Vert

Owned since new in 2007

www.c6c7vette.com