C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Falls Asleep And Door Pad Question!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Madfence
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Car Falls Asleep And Door Pad Question!!

After reading Wolf Dogs post about the door not popping open when you grab the release to get in. Funny thing, mine did the same thing this morning when i went to get in the car. Both doors didn't work the trunk release button didn't work. So i used the key to get in the car and pull the manual door release.
So i get in the car hit the start button and the car is completely dead, no problem hook up the trickle charger and within 3 or 4 minutes the car fires up and ran fine for an hour or so when i took it out, ran a couple of errands stopping getting in and out of the car no problems. Came home parked the car hooked up the trickle charger because it seemed to be a low battery issue and let it sit for about 6 hours and went out side and dam if the doors and trunk latch were doing the same thing, nothing. Did the manual thing again to get in the car, popped the door and all the lights came on and the car fired right up no problems. Shut the car off get out close the door the auto lock goes off and every thing seems to be fine. My guess would be because the battery was so dead this morning i think it's done and time to replace the battery, don't know, any ideas would be appreciated.
The car is a 2007 Z06 and has the original battery, im thinking that is the issue, could be wrong!!! once the car starts everything seems to work fine. Frustrating
Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Dave Tracy
Melting Slicks

Received 294 Likes on 183 Posts

Sounds like the battery. Pull it and take it to a car part store and have it checked.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

That battery is 5 or 6 years old. Of course its going bad. Just replace it or you will get stuck somewhere and be sorry you did not just replace it. Its kind of preventable maintenance!

I ran my battery down in my 04 Z06 accidentally when I left my trunk lid partially open. I recharged the battery on a big battery charger, put it on my maintainer and then took it out for an overnight trip. Yup, car wont start in the morning.

I thought I should take tools with me but, naw, its fine it will be fine. So when it went dead it was even more of a pain in the butt! Replace it!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Madfence
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep i think the battery will do the trick, start there and see what happens. Thanks for the feed back.

Get notified of new replies

To Car Falls Asleep And Door Pad Question!!

Quick Reply: Car Falls Asleep And Door Pad Question!!