C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions on suspension upgrade? Currently running Koni FSDs on FE1 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Worthington
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Suggestions on suspension upgrade? Currently running Koni FSDs on FE1 Suspension

Hey All,

I just traded my 05 Z51 Auto for a 07 FE1 w/Koni FSD suspension (and more importantly a 6 speed).

I am not very happy with the handling characteristics though, the car doesn't feel like it handles as well as the Z51 did.

I'm not looking to spend much, maybe a few hundred... Any suggestions on what to do to improve handling?

I do drive it often on the street, but I also run HPDE events.

I've never done anything with suspension so I have no clue what to do. I've heard people suggest Bilstein springs, used z06 springs... etc... Any suggestions someone knowledgeable can provide would be much appreciated!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:57 PM
TLTONEY
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have good shocks on the car now. I would suggest the Z51 sway bars. You can get them pretty cheap from forum venders, and they work very well for an inexpensive upgrade.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:42 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

I run the base suspension I did run Z51 bars at first with my Koni FSDs great combo, since I went with Z06 bars and 325 tires better for my style even than the Z51 bars.

Get notified of new replies

To Suggestions on suspension upgrade? Currently running Koni FSDs on FE1 Suspension

Quick Reply: Suggestions on suspension upgrade? Currently running Koni FSDs on FE1 Suspension