C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Recommendation??? Columbus, OH area

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 05:22 PM
black427
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Dealer Recommendation??? Columbus, OH area

Looking for recommendations - or WATCH OUT for Chevy dealers in Columbus, OH and surrounding area. 2 "local" dealers that sell more than a few corvettes are Jack Maxton in Columbus or Bud's Chevrolet in St. Mary's. Any experiences to share?????? Will be taking mine in for service and want to make an educated decision. Thanks forum!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:30 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

you can ck with jversluis. a few months ago he recommended jack maxton in columbus.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM
blitzebill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coughlin in Pataskala is a very big Corvette dealer. Don't know about their service, but I'd say take a look.

Last edited by blitzebill; 08-28-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:52 PM
waynelittle1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blitzebill
Coughlin in Pataskala is a very big Corvette dealer. Don't know about their service, but I'd say take a look.
Ricki "Corvette" Conti is very big on this forum, at Coughlin...sells a lot of vettes nationwide
Old 08-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Joni Lynn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can recommend dealing with Rick at Coughlin.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:32 PM
ls36spd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black427
Looking for recommendations - or WATCH OUT for Chevy dealers in Columbus, OH and surrounding area. 2 "local" dealers that sell more than a few corvettes are Jack Maxton in Columbus or Bud's Chevrolet in St. Mary's. Any experiences to share?????? Will be taking mine in for service and want to make an educated decision. Thanks forum!
Bought mine from Byers Chevy in Downtown Columbus but have not been back there for service (I'm about an hour west in Dayton). Price was right but the whole experience was meh.

Bud's in St Marys sponsors our club (Corvette Troy) and I've heard good things about them.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 AM
vfour
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought mine last week from Coughlin. Maxton was closer but would not discount as much. Know nothing about service.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If your local dealerships don't have what you want, most of the forum vendors will ship anywhere. I've dealt with Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland and have been very happy with them. Mike Furman's your guy there.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:51 AM
cduckworth
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Bud's Chevrolet

Before I bought my 2011 GS convertible, I visited every Chevrolet dealer in the area. I am sure that others have had different experiences, but I found nothing very satisfying. McDorman once was great but sold the business, and it is just not the same. Maxton thought that a museum delivery meant that I wanted to donate the car to a museum. The experience at Byers approached being surreal. I think these dealers are used to selling Cobalts, not Vettes.
Then I emailed Tom Hendricks at Bud's in St. Mary's. We dealt by email and phone, and I actually visited Bud's only the dead was set in order to deliver my 1995 Corvette convertible trade-in. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, and very quick to respond. The price was as good as any of the larger dealers: Kerbeck, Boardwalk, MacMulkin, and so forth. I'm a very happy camper.
If you go to St. Mary's try the Beer Barrel, next to Bud's. Good food and drink.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 AM
BenDiem
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought my '13 C6 from Dave Gill Chevy @ 4700 E. Broad Street in downtown Columbus.

DG Chevy matched CF dealer's prices and he is also a a certified Callaway dealer. This alone should tell you that they have top notch Sales/Service experience to be able to carry a specialty Corvette franchise. My 2 cents...

See Corvette Rod Stalter. Great/passionate guy.

Cheers/B

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer Recommendation??? Columbus, OH area

Quick Reply: Dealer Recommendation??? Columbus, OH area